when will HCDR.Jacob start working on CM7??

Guest cooldfuzion

Guest PapaGigas

Well,

For those attacking Noejn for not doing anything to help the U8800 community, I'll have to say that he did a pretty good job with his void. (2.2.2; #eridanus).

Regarding the discussion between Noejn and Jacob, I believe Noejn was a little bit harsh, but I really hope Jacob can improve CM7 with the best hacks the rest of the community have to offer and release the best ROM for U8800 as humanly possible (and as soon as possible, lol).

PS - I believe Noejn is absolutely right when he talks about "synergy"... after all, nobody's perfect (and I guess we can all agree with that, right?)!

keep up the good work ;)

Guest Jetba

When i had blade, cm7 was the best rom, so what is noein talking about? and if we get cm7 to u8800, i will change my miui to it.

Awesome work, and please ignore anything what noein says/writes.

Guest skifyr123

Sorry, I had to remove a couple of comments made by another member which you then quoted.

Do you know how the work is going? I have seen the picture of rc1, does he want to get a more stable build before release a nightly ?.. just curious tongue.gif

Edited by skifyr123

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Barleyman

Yes, several people are working on it over at xda-developers.

Well, one person. And he's preoccupied irl. Makes me miss Acer liquid devs..

MIUI, Oxygen and CM7 all have some unresolved issues, Oxygen seems to have most active developer. Oxygen is Cm7 lite apparently.

Guest Simon O

Do you know how the work is going? I have seen the picture of rc1, does he want to get a more stable build before release a nightly ?.. just curious tongue.gif

Need to sort wifi out on Jacobs build. I've not been able to do it myself and Jacob is on holiday until tomorrow.

Guest That-Guy

I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this but Tom G has a U8800 also now :D

HAHA Brilliant!

Looking forward to Huawei's 2.3 firmware update which should help you devs out :-)

Guest NeostarNeko

Well for those still waiting I've been using OXYGEN R1 for a while and I think it's quite good, so erm give it a try if your eager for a 2.3 rom :)

Guest skifyr123

Or use the MIUI ROM from Stockwell as I do, if you prefer the look and customizations the MIUI gives you :D I think both the ROMs are very good!!

(how long is it from Jacob got his phone.. and no CM7 ):

Guest Simon O

Or use the MIUI ROM from Stockwell as I do, if you prefer the look and customizations the MIUI gives you :D I think both the ROMs are very good!!

(how long is it from Jacob got his phone.. and no CM7 ):

Doesn't mean that he hasn't been working on it. Jacob is working on it and code is being shared with dzo, genokolar, possibly stockwell and bukington who are all working on getting CM7 fully working as well as improving Oxygen and MIUI. Already some of Jacobs code is being used in other ROMs so you are seeing the improvements already.

If you really cannot wait for CM7 then use Oxygen. It's very stable with a few missing features like wifi tethering still.. but they will be fixed soon I can imagine. MIUI is very good too.

Guest mesnati

I'd love to know your definition of "properly".

Truth is, yeah they're doing it quicker, but they're doing it in a fuckugly way which will break builds on other devices and won't merge cleanly.

Hacking together a port doesn't take long. Doing it properly does.

Patience is a virtue. Progress is being made. I'll have news soon.

Hi !

So is there any progress on this?

Thanks!

Brgds,

S.

Hi !

So is there any progress on this?

Thanks!

Brgds,

S.

Im also interested in this. I had CM7 in Blade and i loved it. But as you said, good is worth waiting.

Jesse.