CRYSIS!!my dell streak is dead need help

Guest anroop

Guest anroop

Ok so here is the full story. i bought my dell streak from at&t in the us while i was training at a university.I applied all the updates updating it to android 2.2 .Before leaving at&t unlocked my phone and now im back in india. i have no warranty here. So here was the problem my phone did not have two options i required which other streaks had one was the option to manually select the network mode and the other was to create a wifi hotspot . I thought it would be easy enough to flash my phone but it turns out it isnt. ive installed clockwork recovery and rooted the phone using superboot. But now i cant get any rom to install on it probably because im doing it wrong ive never messed with flashing and stuff before. but now im stuck on the dell logo and my phone wont turn on it will just restart flash lights and gets stuck on the dell logo.

i have tried the factory reset but it doesnt seem to work i can access fastboot and everything else so i dont think im permanently bricked or something.

specs

at&t phone

the base band number ended with 31

the build number said 15697

i was running android 2.2

I JUST NEED MY PHONE BACK ANY VERSION OF ANDROID WILL DO. all help will be appreciated.! and please try and write all the steps as im not familiar with the jargon..

help is appreciated....

Edited by anroop

Guest Niraj Kumar

Hi Anroop,

As long as Phone is booting up, you are fine. Not to worry even if it's stuck at Dell logo. This happens because the Recovery installed is not of the same version of which ROM you have flashed. Thus, the Recovery and ROM has version mismatch.

Go XDA Forum, Download the Recovery of the ROM you flashed and flash the recovery in Fastboot mode.

If all this is sounding complicated, go through the QDL Tool tutorial, download QDL Tool, Install drivers and run QDL. It's all there in the tutorial Video. You can download it from Streakdroid or even there are other links in this forum itself (is Streakdroid is still down).

Guest anroop

so your saying the the qdl tool is enought to get the damn thing back up and running?

thanks for the help by the way.

Edited by anroop

Guest Niraj Kumar
so your saying the the qdl tool is enought to get the damn thing back up and running?

thanks for the help by the way.

Yes...Plz download and use Repairtool...(not Streakflash)

Edited by Niraj Kumar

Guest anroop
Yes...Plz download and use Repairtool...(not Streakflash)

Where would i get repairtool? all i can find is streakflash would it be possible for me to give you a call instead so you could explain things over the phone once..

Guest Azurren

I assume you are trying to install StreakMod 1.9.0?

Before using the QDL tool you could try:

1. Enter Fastboot mode

2. Flash a custom recovery image

3. Enter the custom recovery menu

4. Flash the rom (No need to factory reset / wipe anything just yet)

5. Exit recovery

6. Enter Dells recovery (Same way as you enter clockwork without selecting the 2nd option. No need to flash anything via fastboot)

7. Select and Perform Dells factory reset

(So in other words if you have already done steps 1-5 just perform steps 6-7)

These steps are often missed out of most guides but are essential for some devices. Give it a good 10mins to boot after before deeming it a failure :)

Hope this helps

Edited by Azurren