[ROM] [29-07] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.8.3 Froyo! - HEADING FOR 2.0

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest cjsabaki

Nope, should be any day now!! Five to seven working days eta, was really hoping it would be delivered to him on Friday....

Should beeeeeee soon!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Guest Neel007
Lol why? SGS2 is more of a dinky toy then a phone.

+1

now i have seen both phones in my hand.....

SGS2 is no matter good phone n has best screen, but it's too light weight n i dont know but didnt like it mostly the backside.

HTC all over good. felt so good in hand... it looks even better then Desire HD as it has longer screen [ratio changed].

About hardware :-

after all over my research since 2 months , i have at last found that the reason of HTC not scoring good in benchmark is because of it's asynchronus CPU , the other cpu starts only when it's needed. It is not supporting some benchmark tests because of it.

Even this type of cpu saves battery..

More info about cpu -

1 .http://androidandme.com/2011/05/news/qualc...75-lower-power/

2. http://machujiao.com/ComputerArchitecture/home.html

And for GPU -

http://gpubench.appspot.com/top/by-phone/version-1

This is the average score for all the benchmark done on respective device so it's more accurate.

GT- I9100 = SGS2 = 42326

Sensation = 40979

not much difference....

Dont underestimate sensation.It has actually newer technology.

Thanx :)

Edited by Neel007

Guest Jawbreaker13o
Another sneak peek????

Feed back anyone??? Bits pieces more little tweaks!!! Menues and more with dark blue touch highlights!!!

Lots of subtle changes!!! Niiiice Trip!!! Niiice!!

Please go back to the normal look it was before...

Honestly if this is trips last MIUI release for 2.2.. at least make it professional.

Guest Ferrum Master
Lol why? SGS2 is more of a dinky toy then a phone.

I have an opportunity to play with many preproduction test units, then then repairing the retail ones. :rolleyes:

Pyramid ahem Sensation... First impression, OK it must be good, the looks are OK, not as fancy as ARC tough... But to be honest? I wont spill the beens over it's hardware immature build quality, it is more or less the same for all HTC phones, they are projected in a such a haste, and make many lousy mistakes. They have a good software team, but their engineers are crap...

Of course Samsung isn't also a saint, but the quality for their Galaxy series is very good, they are working on it.

I'll sum up why I didn't like Sensation.

a)Very, very bad LCD. For £439.99 price(Amazon for a fast example)? WTF? Even Nokia for their wood made flagship phones have amoleds. I even prefer the LCD of X10 a bit more than that sucker.

B)I didn't like the touch screen response. It is a hardware problem. I suppose in future revisions they will cure it, with some mylar tapes around the housing again.

c)It suffers also from death grip issue.

d)When using browser, when the second core kicks in... battery drainage is huuuge...

e)For that price, they even doesn't include the damn MHL cable for HDMI connection.

Samsung? It is way to plastic again, you are right. But the built in memory, man that is good, super amoled(Win for the battery again), and overall little things are just better, I don't care about the benchmarks, but in real life, this phone is better and justifies the price for him.

PS.

I? I chose LG Optimus 2X. Why, you may ask? OK, It is tegra 2, but the software is crap, battery life miserable(dejavu SE?), OK the IPS LCD is very nice(LGs ace of spades), camera also is nice, it has an awesome speed even with stock 2.2.2 Froyo. (smoother than Vision IMHO). And the most important thing... it is cheap... I've got it for 240$ :rolleyes:(yes US dollars!!). And the build quality for this phone is also excellent. And Paul is also cooking some nice ROMs for this phone. Battery life has improved a lot. It is nice that LG also gives a source for their firmwares, although TEGRA isn't that much open as OMAP. Nvidia is also a pain... But the platform has its undiscovered abilities, I thing a half of the chip isn't even used yet. But for that price, I can show my middle finger to any Iphone owner and smile like Zdzihu's preferable avatar character. And as it is a nvidia, I could do it in SLI - and do it with my both hands :)

Guest PlayGunsta
+1

now i have seen both phones in my hand.....

SGS2 is no matter good phone n has best screen, but it's too light weight n i dont know but didnt like it mostly the backside.

HTC all over good. felt so good in hand... it looks even better then Desire HD as it has longer screen [ratio changed].

About hardware :-

after all over my research since 2 months , i have at last found that the reason of HTC not scoring good in benchmark is because of it's asynchronus CPU , the other cpu starts only when it's needed. It is not supporting some benchmark tests because of it.

Even this type of cpu saves battery..

More info about cpu -

1 .http://androidandme.com/2011/05/news/qualc...75-lower-power/

2. http://machujiao.com/ComputerArchitecture/home.html

And for GPU -

http://gpubench.appspot.com/top/by-phone/version-1

This is the average score for all the benchmark done on respective device so it's more accurate.

GT- I9100 = SGS2 = 42326

Sensation = 40979

not much difference....

Dont underestimate sensation.It has actually newer technology.

Thanx :)

Benchmarks say nothing, but I also hold both phones. Sensations feels much better and looks less huge. But the SGS2 looks enormous... The only advantage I'd say on the SGS2 is the REAL BLACK colour and oversatured colors and it is a little bit smoother. If you look good, you can notice it... Smart from Trip to get the Sensation!

Guest PlayGunsta
I have an opportunity to play with many preproduction test units, then then repairing the retail ones. :rolleyes:

Pyramid ahem Sensation... First impression, OK it must be good, the looks are OK, not as fancy as ARC tough... But to be honest? I wont spill the beens over it's hardware immature build quality, it is more or less the same for all HTC phones, they are projected in a such a haste, and make many lousy mistakes. They have a good software team, but their engineers are crap...

Of course Samsung isn't also a saint, but the quality for their Galaxy series is very good, they are working on it.

I'll sum up why I didn't like Sensation.

a)Very, very bad LCD. For £439.99 price(Amazon for a fast example)? WTF? Even Nokia for their wood made flagship phones have amoleds. I even prefer the LCD of X10 a bit more than that sucker.

B)I didn't like the touch screen response. It is a hardware problem. I suppose in future revisions they will cure it, with some mylar tapes around the housing again.

c)It suffers also from death grip issue.

d)When using browser, when the second core kicks in... battery drainage is huuuge...

e)For that price, they even doesn't include the damn MHL cable for HDMI connection.

Samsung? It is way to plastic again, you are right. But the built in memory, man that is good, super amoled(Win for the battery again), and overall little things are just better, I don't care about the benchmarks, but in real life, this phone is better and justifies the price for him.

PS.

I? I chose LG Optimus 2X. Why, you may ask? OK, It is tegra 2, but the software is crap, battery life miserable(dejavu SE?), OK the IPS LCD is very nice(LGs ace of spades), camera also is nice, it has an awesome speed even with stock 2.2.2 Froyo. (smoother than Vision IMHO). And the most important thing... it is cheap... I've got it for 240$ ;)(yes US dollars!!). And the build quality for this phone is also excellent. And Paul is also cooking some nice ROMs for this phone. Battery life has improved a lot. It is nice that LG also gives a source for their firmwares, although TEGRA isn't that much open as OMAP. Nvidia is also a pain... But the platform has its undiscovered abilities, I thing a half of the chip isn't even used yet. But for that price, I can show my middle finger to any Iphone owner and smile like Zdzihu's preferable avatar character. And as it is a nvidia, I could do it in SLI - and do it with my both hands :)

I think you're a fanboy, and fanboys can't make reviews :rolleyes:! You haven't told anything good about the Sensation... :/ Deathgrip? It's not worse, someone has only to bring it open to the public thats it. Everyone phone has it, and yes our x10 also. LCD of the Sensation is absolutely NOT bad. Touchscreen responses great...

Guest DJJoshee

I'd have to agree with some of the others on the theme for this upcoming release. I am a long time follower of Trip and love the roms but I think the last few themes have been some of the best/professional. Please remove the rings around the icons at least!

Still can't wait for the newest ver :)

Cheers

Guest Ferrum Master
I think you're a fanboy, and fanboys can't make reviews :)! You haven't told anything good about the Sensation... :/ Deathgrip? It's not worse, someone has only to bring it open to the public thats it. Everyone phone has it, and yes our x10 also. LCD of the Sensation is absolutely NOT bad. Touchscreen responses great...

Fanboy? Are you nuts? From where did you get that? I think the only one around is you :rolleyes:. As I sad... the Vision is not that bad... but for a flagship phone? It is a failure... a immature product, for this moment.

Edited by Ferrum Master

Guest marcjuh2811

lol its nice to see the choises people are discusting over the next phone..

and its nice to read the testet difference between the phones.

taste is always an argument when bying a new 1, i read somthing about the great diffrence is that when you want to play games the sgs2 is better but for the possibility''s the sensation is :rolleyes: but hey thats just onother opinion

But since this thread is all about the X10 and the new rom, lets keep it at that and respect the choices others make :rolleyes:

on topic i think its nice ..the new theme's chris...;) looking towards it to come out its monday and hope trip is getting his phone :)

Guest sjondenon
I think you're a fanboy, and fanboys can't make reviews :)! You haven't told anything good about the Sensation... :/ Deathgrip? It's not worse, someone has only to bring it open to the public thats it. Everyone phone has it, and yes our x10 also. LCD of the Sensation is absolutely NOT bad. Touchscreen responses great...

You're a fanboy yourself... It's a fact that the screen of the Sensation is bad with poor viewing angles

Guest Neel007
You're a fanboy yourself... It's a fact that the screen of the Sensation is bad with poor viewing angles

i wonder why anybody wants a viewing angle on mobile ....

if it's TV i can understand.... on laptop may be to some extent...... but why on mobile???

whenever u work on mobile it will be in front of you.... r u going to use it by putting it at 180 degree angle!!!!!!!!!!

@ferrum master

i dont agree with immature build quality u r saying about htc.

if sgs2 has given amoled screen in the same price htc has given good build, durable aluminum unibody....

as i mentioned above, cpu n gpu r almost same ..... u cant rely on benchmark...

HDMI is not something for what u put htc in blacklist...... it do support it n u can buy it if u want

Death grip issues can be right but i still doubt. n if it's major prob , htc will solve it for sure as it's the costliest phone of htc. they cant ignore it.

the most ugly thing about sgs2 is it's touchwiz 4.0 and it's stupid lockscreen, n the ugly square camera design on backside....the bulge on the back bottom that contain sim, sd n all.... they try to hide it in advertisement but when u see it in real it dont look good.

sorry for offtopic discussion here.

i coudnt let trip's phone down. :)

n actually it's my choice too.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Neel007

Guest marcjuh2811

hey trip ...

since your in to building themes could you implement things like the bat. wfi Icons and such like the cobalt blue theme....

im getting bored with the stock icons for signal, bat. wifi icons and such..... :)

Guest mattiL
What I can not see in xrecovery zip archives? Please help me.

Not quite understanding what you ask, but is it that you can't open a zip archive?

In that case it is probably corrupt, download the file again.

Zip files can be opened with the free program 7zip (or with winzip etc.)

Guest Ferrum Master
i wonder why anybody wants a viewing angle on mobile ....

if it's TV i can understand.... on laptop may be to some extent...... but why on mobile???

whenever u work on mobile it will be in front of you.... r u going to use it by putting it at 180 degree angle!!!!!!!!!!

@ferrum master

i dont agree with immature build quality u r saying about htc.

if sgs2 has given amoled screen in the same price htc has given good build, durable aluminum unibody....

as i mentioned above, cpu n gpu r almost same ..... u cant rely on benchmark...

HDMI is not something for what u put htc in blacklist...... it do support it n u can buy it if u want

Death grip issues can be right but i still doubt. n if it's major prob , htc will solve it for sure as it's the costliest phone of htc. they cant ignore it.

the most ugly thing about sgs2 is it's touchwiz 4.0 and it's stupid lockscreen, n the ugly square camera design on backside....the bulge on the back bottom that contain sim, sd n all.... they try to hide it in advertisement but when u see it in real it dont look good.

sorry for offtopic discussion here.

i coudnt let trip's phone down. :)

n actually it's my choice too.. :rolleyes:

With Build quality I didn't mean the outside(it is a matter of our own taste for each of us)... but inside - the hardware implementation. A long story, every manufacturer has its building style... HTC is quite shitty one... mylars, kapton tapes, cables, bunch of flexes... then goes the updates for hardware revisions again more crap etc... Samsung also does like that sometimes, but not the old manufactuers like NOKIA or SEMC, the engineering part is done as it should be, with no patches afterwards because of crappy PCB layout... but the weak and lousy software team is another common thing for them...

Nothing is perfect, yes, as I said, SGSII looks like... samsung ;) ? That is why I am not willing it either, but I admit, it is better than HTC Vision tough...

About the viewing angles? When watching videos or photos with someone for example when you are guesting, showing to someone or some work stuff documents on the field.

Why do I need to readjust my hand to another position to gain more contrast, especially when I am gaming or browsing? It is not an excuse for a phone for 450quids.

I hope they will truly disable the new security for the Vision. HTC is quite bureaucratic, one part says yes free boot loaders etc... but the hardware team did implement additional security, that comes with the new Snapdragon. The new goldcards are no more ordinary SDcards, they have an security chip inside. (it is a Java Card).

This Offtopic is fun at atleast, while waiting for the ROM :D I think many of us haven't decided jet the next choice for themselves also, and X10 is living its last months. :rolleyes:

Guest ROMan0
Hello. I was reading a guide on XDA Dev, specifically http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1027533 this one. On the second post it says there's a custom kernel for your ROM. I can't find the download links however. Do you have a download link? I specifically want it for FPS uncap.

The custom kernal you are asking for I never used and also the download link I don't have. But since Z brought his new kernal for BB54+ I left stock kernal. I'm using the adaption by QuestionBoy for Froyo MIUI --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=61. It's smooth !!! Even with OC never had a problem, battery lasts easily for +24h. Btw Iris 1.7, BB67

Guest mattiL
I want to flash a new ROM with xRecovery but do not see zip archives.

If you have a ROM with the file name update.zip, copy it to the root of the sdcard, and install as Update zip in xRecovery.

If the archive is called something else, install it as a Custom zip in xRecovery.

It must be a zip archive, renaming a 7z or rar file to zip will not work.

Guest Stanley Richards
The custom kernal you are asking for I never used and also the download link I don't have. But since Z brought his new kernal for BB54+ I left stock kernal. I'm using the adaption by QuestionBoy for Froyo MIUI --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=61. It's smooth !!! Even with OC never had a problem, battery lasts easily for +24h. Btw Iris 1.7, BB67

Can I have a confirmation that this works and is good?

Edited by Stanley Richards

Guest Neel007
With Build quality I didn't mean the outside(it is a matter of our own taste for each of us)... but inside - the hardware implementation. A long story, every manufacturer has its building style... HTC is quite shitty one... mylars, kapton tapes, cables, bunch of flexes... then goes the updates for hardware revisions again more crap etc... Samsung also does like that sometimes, but not the old manufactuers like NOKIA or SEMC, the engineering part is done as it should be, with no patches afterwards because of crappy PCB layout... but the weak and lousy software team is another common thing for them...

Nothing is perfect, yes, as I said, SGSII looks like... samsung :rolleyes: ? That is why I am not willing it either, but I admit, it is better than HTC Vision tough...

i was sgs2 lover before i saw it in my hand.

n i have make up my mind for sensation after a long time... man , u r confusing me again... !!!!!

trip's new release looks like bettter thn both phones for now...

waiting ...

thanx :)

Guest ROMan0
Can I have a confirmation that this works and is good?

What confirmation do you need? It makes my x10 even better than it was already with Iris-1.7 on stock ROM. At the beginning I was a little disappointed about its quadrant score but after some reboots (manual) it became realy responsive. I'm using the "Overclock widget" from market with profiles. Belive me, it's worth to try. And in case ... go back to your xRec backup :)