album listing problem

Guest andrew531

Guest andrew531

Just a quick question.

I have transfered some music onto my Vega. All is great except that some albums are listing as only one artist instead of showing as an entire album. So for example 101 floorfillers is showing 101 seperate songs rather than 1 album?

I have done all of the data for the albums via media monkey so they all have the same info for album, album art etc. Its got me baffled!!!???

I know its nothing to do with the vega as other albums are showing as one album and to be honest its only the composite albums that I am struggling with that has multiple artists on.

Thanks for any help everyone

Guest simonta
Just a quick question.

I have transfered some music onto my Vega. All is great except that some albums are listing as only one artist instead of showing as an entire album. So for example 101 floorfillers is showing 101 seperate songs rather than 1 album?

I have done all of the data for the albums via media monkey so they all have the same info for album, album art etc. Its got me baffled!!!???

I know its nothing to do with the vega as other albums are showing as one album and to be honest its only the composite albums that I am struggling with that has multiple artists on.

Thanks for any help everyone

This is a guess. Using MediaMonkey, what is the "Album Artist" tag set to? Try Various or Various Artists.

Guest andrew531
This is a guess. Using MediaMonkey, what is the "Album Artist" tag set to? Try Various or Various Artists.

I've just double checked and all say various. I highlighted the entire album then went to properties and made album name 101 hits and album artist various and chose to amend all tracks with this info. Yet the music is still showing on my Vega as individual tracks rather than 1 album!

Its just irrating more than anything

Guest andrew531
I've just double checked and all say various. I highlighted the entire album then went to properties and made album name 101 hits and album artist various and chose to amend all tracks with this info. Yet the music is still showing on my Vega as individual tracks rather than 1 album!

Its just irrating more than anything

I tried over and over again in media monkey with no joy! So then I tried it in the dreaded iTunes and it has worked a treat!!! I did same as media monkey ( highlighted all tracks and named the album 101 hits and AND album artist as various artists. However I ticked the compiilation box and applied to all. It is now perfect and. I can rest at ease now ha ha

Thanks for your advice