Modaco gingerbread custom rom x galaxy tab

Guest gerardus

Guest gerardus

I mount MCR based on froyo 2.2 since day one on my GT P1000 and I found it absolutely wonderful and rock solid stable. Frankly speaking I didn't need 2.3.3. up to know except for the fact that seems that video chat on skype and google chat will be available only for device mounting gingerbread android version.

There is any hope that Paul works on a new updated version of this wonderful custom ROM including gingerbread update ?

Otherwise anyone using any other custom gingerbread ROM mounted ext4 FS can give some advice ?

Lets discuss about near future :):rolleyes:

Guest nmesisca
I mount MCR based on froyo 2.2 since day one on my GT P1000 and I found it absolutely wonderful and rock solid stable. Frankly speaking I didn't need 2.3.3. up to know except for the fact that seems that video chat on skype and google chat will be available only for device mounting gingerbread android version.

There is any hope that Paul works on a new updated version of this wonderful custom ROM including gingerbread update ?

Otherwise anyone using any other custom gingerbread ROM mounted ext4 FS can give some advice ?

Lets discuss about near future :):rolleyes:

I asked Paul a while ago on Twitter, and he said he would have released a gingerbread update, but so far nothing has come out.

Pity the galaxy tab seems to be in the backburner for everyone.

Guest arunshen
I asked Paul a while ago on Twitter, and he said he would have released a gingerbread update, but so far nothing has come out.

Pity the galaxy tab seems to be in the backburner for everyone.

Overcome has an excellent ROM Overcome ROM. Based on 2.3.3, runs really well, excellent battery life etc.

Paul's putting as much effort into the Tab as he is into the Nexus S - which is SFA ;-)

Guest gerardus
Overcome has an excellent ROM Overcome ROM. Based on 2.3.3, runs really well, excellent battery life etc.

Paul's putting as much effort into the Tab as he is into the Nexus S - which is SFA ;-)

I read in other post that skype videochat works great on stock 2.3.3. and OVERCOME ROM, too.

How much Overcome ROM is different from Paul ROM ?

I like the fact that Paul ROM is an optimized version of the stock ROM, what about overcome ?

Anyone can add other positive or negative comments about this ROM ?

Edited by gerardus

Guest nmesisca
I read in other post that skype videochat works great on stock 2.3.3. and OVERCOME ROM, too.

How much Overcome ROM is different from Paul ROM ?

I like the fact that Paul ROM is an optimized version of the stock ROM, what about overcome ?

Anyone can add other positive or negative comments about this ROM ?

I liked that I could flash Pauls rom from clockwork on my tab.

I think I need to use heimdal for Overcome...

it just makes me slightly more uncomfortable..

Guest stoney1973
I liked that I could flash Pauls rom from clockwork on my tab.

I think I need to use heimdal for Overcome...

it just makes me slightly more uncomfortable..

I use the Overcome rom on my Tab, I have never used Heimdall to flash it though. It flashes through cwm recovery. (NOT ROM MANAGER!)

They have a good step by step guide. http://www.teamovercome.net/?page_id=64

The current Overcome Rom is based on 2.3.3. They are a good bunch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stoney1973

Overcom runs flowlessly !

The 'Jupiter' release is very slick.

Theres a new Rom Dev now, with a rom called Boca 2.3.4. Still has some rough edges, but it's definitely one to watch. Has some tablet tweaks, etc.

• 1 month later...
Guest dizgustip@ted

The 'Jupiter' release is very slick.

Theres a new Rom Dev now, with a rom called Boca 2.3.4. Still has some rough edges, but it's definitely one to watch. Has some tablet tweaks, etc.

Hello,

I am the dev of BOCA.

V2 is gearing up.

It has a complete overhaul.

Massive kernel, ram and system tweaks.

Xda Boca has more info, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1172307

My website is here.

http://magrathearoms.weebly.com/