10B from 10A = impairment for anyone else?

Guest mertzi

Guest mertzi

does anyone else feel the same? i updated mine monday or tuesday and i think the display has become less responsive and the scrolling has a little more stuttering. and today i played angry birds for the first time since i updated and before it flowed perfect and now there's a lot of judder which is noticeable when you shoot the birds. so definitely the update made my phone worse. has this happened to anyone else? i did a factory reset but that didn't help and the LG update software can't perform a reinstallation as it says the phone already has the latest software. and i don't want to flash the phone as i don't want to risk losing the warranty.

Guest spyb0y
does anyone else feel the same? i updated mine monday or tuesday and i think the display has become less responsive and the scrolling has a little more stuttering. and today i played angry birds for the first time since i updated and before it flowed perfect and now there's a lot of judder which is noticeable when you shoot the birds. so definitely the update made my phone worse. has this happened to anyone else? i did a factory reset but that didn't help and the LG update software can't perform a reinstallation as it says the phone already has the latest software. and i don't want to flash the phone as i don't want to risk losing the warranty.

first of all: you won`t loose any warranty at all because v10a it is an official LG firmware.

second: be sure you`ve made a fatory reset before you have made the update to v10b. (if not, then you should make a factory reset now and then reflash the v10b firmware it should work like a charm.)

Guest mertzi
first of all: you won`t loose any warranty at all because v10a it is an official LG firmware.

second: be sure you`ve made a fatory reset before you have made the update to v10b. (if not, then you should make a factory reset now and then reflash the v10b firmware it should work like a charm.)

i think you misunderstood what i meant. i have already done the official update with the LG software so it is v10b and now my phone is working less good. i would want to go back to v10a but according to the LG customer support that's not possible.

and what i meant about flashing is installing other roms like people are doing to try different roms, those available here for example

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...loads-firmware/

cause that would involve flashing clockword mod and other tech stuff that i don't want to get into yet, not before more testing has been made by people with better knowledge than i have.

Guest spyb0y
i think you misunderstood what i meant. i have already done the official update with the LG software so it is v10b and now my phone is working less good. i would want to go back to v10a but according to the LG customer support that's not possible.

and what i meant about flashing is installing other roms like people are doing to try different roms, those available here for example

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...loads-firmware/

cause that would involve flashing clockword mod and other tech stuff that i don't want to get into yet, not before more testing has been made by people with better knowledge than i have.

well it seems i understood exactly what you tried to say. those ROMs in that link that you post above are official LG roms like. and flashing any of that roms doesn`t need clockwork. you won`t loose your warranty by following that tutorial and flashing v10a. OR you can do a factory reset (call 3845#*970# to enter the hidden service menu), then follow the tutorial from the link you post above and flash v10b again.

My phone came with v10a and I forgot to make a factory reset before I have flashed v10b on to it, so for result after flashing the battery last for 5 hours and the phone was really hot. I did a factory reset from hidden menu and then reflashed again v10b so now it`s working really good.

Guest mertzi
well it seems i understood exactly what you tried to say. those ROMs in that link that you post above are official LG roms like. and flashing any of that roms doesn`t need clockwork. you won`t loose your warranty by following that tutorial and flashing v10a. OR you can do a factory reset (call 3845#*970# to enter the hidden service menu), then follow the tutorial from the link you post above and flash v10b again.

My phone came with v10a and I forgot to make a factory reset before I have flashed v10b on to it, so for result after flashing the battery last for 5 hours and the phone was really hot. I did a factory reset from hidden menu and then reflashed again v10b so now it`s working really good.

yeah i read some more later yesterday and understood that i misunderstood your answer. i didn't do a factory reset before flashing and i have had issues with really hot battery too! i'm going to try to first reflash to 10A and then to 10B. have you tried the 11B, the french/bouyais something?

Guest spyb0y
yeah i read some more later yesterday and understood that i misunderstood your answer. i didn't do a factory reset before flashing and i have had issues with really hot battery too! i'm going to try to first reflash to 10A and then to 10B. have you tried the 11B, the french/bouyais something?

nope...didn`t try 11B because it`s branded....good luck with flashing :)

Guest mertzi
nope...didn`t try 11B because it`s branded....good luck with flashing :)

worked like a charm! first i made a factory reset, then flashed to 10A, made a factory reset again just to be 100% sure that it was reseted, and then flashed 10B once more and now it feels like the screen is more responsive. angry birds is still not flowing perfectly though, maybe it didn't with 10A either. but isn't our phone powerful enough to be able to handle a simple game as angry birds without any graphical issues?

now that i know that this flashing method works, i guess it's more safe to experiment with uninstalling stock apps and stuff right? cause if the systems goes havoc i can just flash the phone again, or am i wrong?

Guest spyb0y
worked like a charm! first i made a factory reset, then flashed to 10A, made a factory reset again just to be 100% sure that it was reseted, and then flashed 10B once more and now it feels like the screen is more responsive. angry birds is still not flowing perfectly though, maybe it didn't with 10A either. but isn't our phone powerful enough to be able to handle a simple game as angry birds without any graphical issues?

now that i know that this flashing method works, i guess it's more safe to experiment with uninstalling stock apps and stuff right? cause if the systems goes havoc i can just flash the phone again, or am i wrong?

nope you are not wrong :) I`ve made a list with some apps that can be safely removed (see the main thread).

and about the games, i`m playing asphalt 6, dungeon hunter 2 (amaizing graphics) without any shuttering...

Guest pihx

Well not quite, because if you mess up, you can't do a factory reset. If you properly brick the phone like some have done, flashing hasn't always worked. I uninstalled the home launcher by accident and it kept me from accessing anything in the phone. Only LG recovery through PC fixed it, and it didn't even work for everyone that bricked the phone.

I say, do it at your own risk.

Guest mertzi
Well not quite, because if you mess up, you can't do a factory reset. If you properly brick the phone like some have done, flashing hasn't always worked. I uninstalled the home launcher by accident and it kept me from accessing anything in the phone. Only LG recovery through PC fixed it, and it didn't even work for everyone that bricked the phone.

I say, do it at your own risk.

ok, i only uninstalled those on spyboys list. but what about trying the 11B? if it's simlocked or anything else that wont work for me, i probably would be able to reflash 10A or B right? i don't mind it being branded as long as i can choose english. i will evaluate the "new" 10B until tomorrow and see if there's any battery improvements for me.

Guest quyTam

11b is not simlocked, it has only 4 app branded Bouygue and boot/shutting-down Bouygue animation.

I've try this one some days and didn't notice any changes.

ps: And I brick my phone trying to get rid of the shutting down animation (so it's always possible to brick the phone), just be carefull.

Guest mertzi
11b is not simlocked, it has only 4 app branded Bouygue and boot/shutting-down Bouygue animation.

I've try this one some days and didn't notice any changes.

ps: And I brick my phone trying to get rid of the shutting down animation (so it's always possible to brick the phone), just be carefull.

alright, but does your phone work now? i can live with branded animations, it doesn't affect the phone. did you try to remove the branded apps?

i downgraded again to 10A, after 4 days with 10B i'm now certain that the screen works worse. very often when i switch between the homescreens it doesn't react at all, and sometimes scrolling just stops, wether it's in the app drawer or in settings or anything. and a lot of other wrong calculations, like when i'm scrolling in the app drawer the phone acts like i've clicked on an app and opens it when i haven't even stopped my finger on it. for me better screen response is a higher priority than better battery life.

Guest quyTam

yes, there's no problem to remove branded apps (with titanium for me).

I never feel any problem of reactivity on any rom (but I'm not very carefull on that point).

My LG black is just returned from reparation, I just flash an unbranded v10b rom and it seems to work fine.

Guest mertzi
yes, there's no problem to remove branded apps (with titanium for me).

I never feel any problem of reactivity on any rom (but I'm not very carefull on that point).

My LG black is just returned from reparation, I just flash an unbranded v10b rom and it seems to work fine.

ok great to know! maybe i'll try the 11B further on but now i'll stick to 10A for a while