Official 2.2 on ZTE France and Sweden

Guest Mousses

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Some details:

-as we know, this block the access to TPT method...

-many useless branded apps

-little hard to go back to GEN 1 in case of you want...

Guest hecatae
Some details:

-as we know, this block the access to TPT method...

-many useless branded apps

-little hard to go back to GEN 1 in case of you want...

TPT is not blocked, you just have to use a single image.bin, one md5 to check, not several with gen1 TPT

the big issue is the disabled fastboot

Guest hedgepigdaniel

holy s***... 207MB? what do they put in these things?

Downloading, will post in flashable stock ROMs thread shortly

Guest CaptainSpectacular
TPT is not blocked, you just have to use a single image.bin, one md5 to check, not several with gen1 TPT

the big issue is the disabled fastboot

Ok, my bad. Thanks for the info. Can you explain a little more ? We can re-enable the Menu + Volume '+' + Power button trick ?

Wow, that's a lot of crapware!

Yes, a full bag of useless craps apps. :)

Anyway, here's the ROM build.prop info:

# begin build properties

# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh

ro.build.id=FRF91

ro.build.display.id=BFR_P729CV1.0.0B02

ro.build.version.incremental=20110426.093718

ro.build.version.sdk=8

ro.build.version.codename=REL

ro.build.version.release=2.2

ro.build.date=Tue Apr 26 09:39:46 CST 2011

ro.build.date.utc=1303781986

ro.build.type=user

ro.build.user=tanbaihua

ro.build.host=localhost.localdomain

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.product.model=ZTE-BLADE

ro.product.brand=ZTE

ro.product.name=P729C

ro.product.device=blade

ro.product.board=blade

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=ZTE

ro.product.locale.language=fr

ro.product.locale.region=FR

Don't know if it's could help.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
built on the 26th April 2011?

they held on to it for 2 months for no known reason?

It probably took them that long to make the flasher shiny and nice

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Ok, my bad. Thanks for the info. Can you explain a little more ? We can re-enable the Menu + Volume '+' + Power button trick ?

Yes, a full bag of useless craps apps. :)

Anyway, here's the ROM build.prop info:

# begin build properties

# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh

ro.build.id=FRF91

ro.build.display.id=BFR_P729CV1.0.0B02

ro.build.version.incremental=20110426.093718

ro.build.version.sdk=8

ro.build.version.codename=REL

ro.build.version.release=2.2

ro.build.date=Tue Apr 26 09:39:46 CST 2011

ro.build.date.utc=1303781986

ro.build.type=user

ro.build.user=tanbaihua

ro.build.host=localhost.localdomain

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.product.model=ZTE-BLADE

ro.product.brand=ZTE

ro.product.name=P729C

ro.product.device=blade

ro.product.board=blade

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=ZTE

ro.product.locale.language=fr

ro.product.locale.region=FR

Don't know if it's could help.

did you get that by flashing or did you manage to extract the files?

Guest k0zmic
It probably took them that long to make the flasher shiny and nice

And make sure they filled it with as much crapware as possible!

Guest CaptainSpectacular
did you get that by flashing or did you manage to extract the files?

By flashing. Anyway, I found a folder here : "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\P729C_BYTEL_UpgradeTool".

He's empty, but I think temp files are stored here during the flash ?

Guest ayziaa

Is this worth flashing? I have a french SF running on gingerbread and it works great!

Is someone gonna make fashable recovery rom out of it???

Guest hedgepigdaniel
By flashing. Anyway, I found a folder here : "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\P729C_BYTEL_UpgradeTool".

He's empty, but I think temp files are stored here during the flash ?

using a large amount of common sense, I have extracted all the files from the exe. the only files that didn't match an equivalent in another stock 2.2 upgrade were oemsbl.mbn, amss.mbn, boot.img, system.img, and recovery.img.

You can flash the update and look at the files here and see in the md5 table how it lines up with the other upgrades in terms of firmware.

@azyiaa: you can flash this, but you don't have to flash the full firmware - you can wait until someone packs it as a clockwork zip aswell, if you want to avoid flashing the whole kit via windows.

Guest ayziaa
@azyiaa: you can flash this, but you don't have to flash the full firmware - you can wait until someone packs it as a clockwork zip aswell, if you want to avoid flashing the whole kit via windows.

Thanks for the informations!

Is it gonna give something more to have this official 2.2, knowing that there are allready official roms from other country?

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Thanks for the informations!

Is it gonna give something more to have this official 2.2, knowing that there are allready official roms from other country?

you never know, the odd one has an improved driver/lib or something that is worth taking out

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Can I ask if someone with the enough amount knowledge of Android can make a flashable .zip of the french update please ?

I know a little bit about Linux but I'm afraid that could be a little bit to hard for me. :)

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Can I ask if someone with the enough amount knowledge of Android can make a flashable .zip of the french update please ?

I know a little bit about Linux but I'm afraid that could be a little bit to hard for me. :)

download the files form my post, extract the img files and replace them in one of the otehr stock rom zips

Guest CaptainSpectacular
download the files form my post, extract the img files and replace them in one of the otehr stock rom zips

Thanks for the instructions. For no doubt, how to properly extract the contain of the .img and witch ones must be extracted ?

Ok, I have extracted my system.img. I just have to replace the boot.img and the system folder in a .zip from another ROM (for example stock ROM from the Stock Rom post ?) right ? Do I have to replace the recovery.img too ?

Sorry for being ignorant, but what's the META-INF folder ? It isn't ROM independant ?

Thanks again.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest KonstaT
Thanks for the instructions. For no doubt, how to properly extract the contain of the .img and witch ones must be extracted ?

Ok, I have extracted my system.img. I just have to replace the boot.img and the system folder in a .zip from another ROM (for example stock ROM from the Stock Rom post ?) right ? Do I have to replace the recovery.img too ?

Sorry for being ignorant, but what's the META-INF folder ? It isn't ROM independant ?

Thanks again.

Yes, replace system folder, boot.img and recovery.img from another stock ROM. Be careful with the recovery.img though, it overwrites your current clockworkmod. META-INF contains zip signature and update scripts. If you want to be on the safe side, you can remove lines from updater-script, that refers to recovery.img. Then you'll atleast have clockwork if something other fails. Or just make sure your /system partition is large enough and remember to wipe, you should be fine then too.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Yes, replace system folder, boot.img and recovery.img from another stock ROM. Be careful with the recovery.img though, it overwrites your current clockworkmod. META-INF contains zip signature and update scripts. If you want to be on the safe side, you can remove lines from updater-script, that refers to recovery.img. Then you'll atleast have clockwork if something other fails. Or just make sure your /system partition is large enough and remember to wipe, you should be fine then too.

all good ideas.

make sure your phone is Gen2 before you flash it obviously