Will you be buying ZTE Skate (aka in UK Orange Monte Carlo)

Guest XiaoKai

Hopefully once Orange clear out their 800Mhz stock, maybe they'll get in 1Ghz parts. Similar to how they moved on to selling TFT blades after the OLED ones :(

Guest ididmytime

I think this may be correct, and there may be two different types of Skate. Orange selling a much cheaper one to latch onto the current budget market, but at the price of a weaker phone. However, if that is the case, then you can never expect an update to the firmware, and would you really want that one?

Trouble being at the price of a 'normal' Skate being £230 odd, you are dangerously close to vastly better handsets, like the Galaxy S. The price of that device is rapidly falling, and I can't see anyone who would choose a Skate over it.

Guest Modifoid

This story has got more plot twists than a soap opera. :)

I think I would be more inclined to take an Engineers word overa PR Rep. I'm sure that the ZTE Skate will have the 1Ghz processor. As for the Monte Carlo, who knows?

I read on a blog written by other people who attended the ZTE event in London that the ZTE Skate was getting a processor upgrade "in the UK". Perhaps this means that in other markets as well as Monte Carlo they won't be getting it. http://www.tracyandm...-phones-fondled

I feel the same as most people about the price at £150 - it's just too much for ARM v6. I'd rather pay the extra £20 and get an X5 or second hand SGS.

Edited by Modifoid

Guest Simon O

Even if there are two versions of the phone, Monte Carlo users won't be left out. There will be custom roms for that phone for sure.

Guest ididmytime

Even if there are two versions of the phone, Monte Carlo users won't be left out. There will be custom roms for that phone for sure.

Without question, but (again, allegedly) if there are 2 versions then the armv7 will be the one shipped everywhere no doubt, and with possible ZTE updates and other custom Roms for armv7 only.

Just like the 2 variants of the HTC hero, one is much better supported by the community and HTC.

Edited by ididmytime

Guest XiaoKai

2 versions would be bad news. I have been holding off to get the ZTE Skate as the ZTE Racer was my first android, and i was only able to get into the smartphone market because of ZTE and wanted to keep my loyalty to ZTE however i cant hold off any longer to wait for a 1ghz processer, so most likely i might get the X5

Guest ThermalDroid

2 versions would be bad news. I have been holding off to get the ZTE Skate as the ZTE Racer was my first android, and i was only able to get into the smartphone market because of ZTE and wanted to keep my loyalty to ZTE however i cant hold off any longer to wait for a 1ghz processer, so most likely i might get the X5

If your willing to go WP7 then the HTC Pro 7 is 1GHz...But thats purely on specs the X5 is a bit flimsy shall we say.

Guest sej7278

well i am not changing to skate unfortunately even if its 1ghz armv7, the price is not right. for the exact same price here in sweden i can get samsung galaxy s which i will after a while when am bored of my blade

new and off contract? linky please, i'll buy a couple.