New to HTC and to Android

Guest element

Guest element

Hi everyone. I've recently got an HTC sensation on the 3 network, after having an iphone 3gs for the past 2 years. So far so good, a much better phone obviously and I think a much better operating system. I've run into a few niggles that I wanted to ask about.

1) With the iphone you could back it up by syncing with itunes. I know about HTC sync (although I haven't used it yet) and was wondering if there was an equivalent way of backing the phone up in case I should need to restore it?

2) Is it possible to remove default apps put on my phone by 3, without rooting (the HTC equivalent of an iphone jailbreak?)

3) it seems that when I get a whatsapp message or an sms message, the screen doesn't come on as I would have expected it to. Its not until I see the flashing LED that I know there is something waiting for me

4) is there a shortcut or something to enable voice dialing for when the phone is in a car holder?

I think thats it for now. Thanks a lot for your help

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I've recently got an HTC sensation on the 3 network, after having an iphone 3gs for the past 2 years. So far so good, a much better phone obviously and I think a much better operating system. I've run into a few niggles that I wanted to ask about.

1) With the iphone you could back it up by syncing with itunes. I know about HTC sync (although I haven't used it yet) and was wondering if there was an equivalent way of backing the phone up in case I should need to restore it?

2) Is it possible to remove default apps put on my phone by 3, without rooting (the HTC equivalent of an iphone jailbreak?)

3) it seems that when I get a whatsapp message or an sms message, the screen doesn't come on as I would have expected it to. Its not until I see the flashing LED that I know there is something waiting for me

4) is there a shortcut or something to enable voice dialing for when the phone is in a car holder?

I think thats it for now. Thanks a lot for your help

1. You could use titanium backup, or my backup, to backup your apps and data.

2. Don't think so.

3. Don't see the question.

4. I think you can use the voice dialer, and place a short cut on your home screen.

Welcome to android. :)

Guest EddyOS

1. Titanium Backup needs root access. Without rooting a total backup isn't possible

2. You'd need to root/debrand to remove the 3 crapware

3. The screen doesn't come on automatically when you get an email/SMS/anything - just the LED (bit rubbish if you ask me)

4. As above really, although I don't use voice dialing (or voice anything for that matter!!)