* * * * * 10 votes

171 replies to this topic

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)

I tried everything and failed so I tried method 5. It flashes but after it completes the flash it remains on the blank screen and does not reboot. I manually then reboot it and the phone boots straight to FTM. The phone was dead before hand so I am unable to say if it is gen1 or gen2 :( It is the orange san francisco and I think it may be GEN 1. I flashed the gen one (europe rom) on to it using the ZTE flasher. Also in the flasher I am unable to check restoreNV either it is blocked out.

Also I cannot find the strings for the IMEI on the channel1 file using HXD, it simply isn't there :S.

You'll be pleased to know that it is irrelevant whether it was Gen1 or Gen2, because it will become whatever Gen you flash it with.

Have you logged into the flasher program as administrator? If not then that would explain why the restore NV buttons are greyed out. Your phone won't boot into anything except FTM mode until you correctly restore NV memory with a valid IMEI.

Try completely uninstalling All ZTE drivers, reinstalling them and trying again. Try using a different computer. The phone not rebooting properly sounds like it might be a driver problem.

There are no strings for the IMEI - just a number, encoded as described. you have to edit the file at the offset - have a look at burstlams thread that I linked to for screenshots on how to do the editing.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

You'll be pleased to know that it is irrelevant whether it was Gen1 or Gen2, because it will become whatever Gen you flash it with.

just to clarify - that is only the case for flashing firmware (ie TPTs, or flashinw via windows) - you still have to flash ROMs which match the Gen of your phone's firmware.

sm4tik

sm4tik

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Devices:Blade
Soo.. I'm still looking for a non-windows-way to repartition my European stock gen2 blade. Is there any chance to use a gen2 tpt method to end up with something similar to wbaw's gen1-to-gen2 tpt conversion so I could just re-tpt at will with a different partition layout?

Edited by sm4tik, 22 September 2011 - 10:41 AM.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Soo.. I'm still looking for a non-windows-way to repartition my European stock gen2 blade. Is there any chance to use a gen2 tpt method to end up with something similar to wbaw's gen1-to-gen2 tpt conversion so I could just re-tpt at will with a different partition layout?

There is a chance, but someone would need to make and test it.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

There is a chance, but someone would need to make and test it.

There is a reasonable amount of choices in the gen3/gen2 TPT's thread now

http://android.modac...01-gen-23-tpts/

chickenfeeder

chickenfeeder

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade
Really useful guide. I ended up with a brick yesterday and had to resort to Method 5 as I couldn't get the Blade to do anything else. It took about 30 mins to get everything back up, add Titanium Backup and GO SMS (restore backed up messages) into the mix and it's as if nothing even happened. :-)

xondrax

xondrax

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510 4.1.1 Stock
Hi,can someone help me please with non booting my friends OSF?I dont know what to do-there is CWM(5.0.2.0) boot loop...I try to install a fresh ROM do a full wipe,but the boot loop remains.

Edited by xondrax, 06 November 2011 - 07:21 PM.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Hi,can someone help me please with non booting my friends OSF?I dont know what to do-there is CWM(5.0.2.0) boot loop...I try to install a fresh ROM do a full wipe,but the boot loop remains.

first make sure you are installing a ROM for the right Gen, failing that do a TPT

xondrax

xondrax

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
Still the same-I tried the bi-Gen ROM and the CWM loop remains...the CWM starts without press -vol.

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Still the same-I tried the bi-Gen ROM and the CWM loop remains...the CWM starts without press -vol.

I'd start a thread and ask for advice. method 5 should help in the worst case scenario.

xondrax

xondrax

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
I know,but I dont find the case with CWM loop :(

Fgroia

Fgroia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos X3
i tried methode 4 (last resort) and now the phone wont boot, the led blinks red and then shutdowns. Can someone help?!?

Thanks

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

i tried methode 4 (last resort) and now the phone wont boot, the led blinks red and then shutdowns. Can someone help?!?

Thanks

method 5 you mean? I gather you've already tried charging the battery.

Which model phone do you have exactly? you can try doing it again but I wouldn't expect it to work.

Fgroia

Fgroia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos X3

method 5 you mean? I gather you've already tried charging the battery.

Which model phone do you have exactly? you can try doing it again but I wouldn't expect it to work.

The model is a zte v9, i tried again but without the battery the computer does not recognize it, if i put the battery in it does but when i try to flash i get an error. I need help with this

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

The model is a zte v9, i tried again but without the battery the computer does not recognize it, if i put the battery in it does but when i try to flash i get an error. I need help with this

A ZTE v9 is not a ZTE blade, and you should never have followed any instructions for flashing it from here in the zte blade forum.

You can probably fix your v9 by applying a v9 TPT. I think there are some in the v9 forum.

ivosantospt

ivosantospt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I guys, ia want to know if this protocol results with huawei u8800, is just i have the imei=0 and i don't know what i can do about.
if i put the file in hex editor amss.mbn on editor i d'ont know witch sector i change.
Help Please!!!!

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

I guys, ia want to know if this protocol results with huawei u8800, is just i have the imei=0 and i don't know what i can do about.
if i put the file in hex editor amss.mbn on editor i d'ont know witch sector i change.
Help Please!!!!

This wont work. try in a huawei forum.

jkcxn

jkcxn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I wonder if someone could help, my blade is completely unbootable. I've tried multiple TPT for gen1/gen2 but nothing will boot, no clockwork recovery or anything else, just green android logo.
I can my computer to recognise it by holding volume up, I can flash using fastboot and I can flash by having an image folder on my sd card, but nothing I tried caused anything to happen other than green android.
I've tried method 5 and it flashes succesfully but FTM mode never boots.

Is there some sort of bootloader that may be corrupt?
The fact that it can be recognised by my computer leads me to believe my phone is not completely badword, so does anything think they help me out?

mikbe

mikbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Great and thorough guide! Fixed my corrupt NV with firmware flasher. 5 stars

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Hi, I wonder if someone could help, my blade is completely unbootable. I've tried multiple TPT for gen1/gen2 but nothing will boot, no clockwork recovery or anything else, just green android logo.
I can my computer to recognise it by holding volume up, I can flash using fastboot and I can flash by having an image folder on my sd card, but nothing I tried caused anything to happen other than green android.
I've tried method 5 and it flashes succesfully but FTM mode never boots.

Is there some sort of bootloader that may be corrupt?
The fact that it can be recognised by my computer leads me to believe my phone is not completely badword, so does anything think they help me out?

What type of blade do you have exactly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users