ZTE Blade bricked

Guest BladeBricked

Guest BladeBricked

Hi! I have ZTE Blade Gen2. Installed CM7 and wifi could not connect.

Ended up with a device that does not boot. Pressing power I can also see the green Android robot and red back button.

I have also used any combination power+VolUp, power+Voldown, power+VolUp+menu, power+Voldown+menu.

Also when I try to connect to the PC I it tries to intall HS HandSet Mass Storage filter.

Keep or bin it?

Guest k0zmic

So you installed CM7 then rebooted because Wi-Fi didn't work and then you got stuck at the Green Android?

Did you TPT to Gen 2?

I don't think it's a 'brick' if you get the red light and Green Android.

Try follow this guide: http://android.modac...ng-a-zte-blade/ and do Method 2 which is Fastboot, hopefully then you'll be able to get into Recovery.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Maxsas360

Brick on a Blade is a total death - no signs of life. If the phone turns on and shows Green man (or it can tpt or go to recovery or fastboot) It's not a brick, just a semi-brick that can be fixed

Guest BladeBricked

Brick on a Blade is a total death - no signs of life. If the phone turns on and shows Green man (or it can tpt or go to recovery or fastboot) It's not a brick, just a semi-brick that can be fixed

That is nice. But whatever I tried just doesn't work.

Guest BladeBricked

So you installed CM7 then rebooted because Wi-Fi didn't work and then you got stuck at the Green Android?

Did you TPT to Gen 2?

I don't think it's a 'brick' if you get the red light and Green Android.

Try follow this guide: http://android.modac...ng-a-zte-blade/ and do Method 2 which is Fastboot, hopefully then you'll be able to get into Recovery.

Also tried this one. The device is not recognised and Blade is stock GEN2

Edited by BladeBricked

Guest BladeBricked

I forgot to mention that the probloem started after:

http://www.androidguide.co.uk/faq/how-do-i-root-my-zte-blade

How do I root my ZTE Blade?

Devices: ZTE Blade

• Download this superboot file.
  • Download this fastboot file.
  • Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
  • Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.
  • Plug the phone into the PC.
  • Extract the fastboot zip file. *From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r1.img' (subsituting fastboot-mac or fastboot-linux as required)
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'

Guest hedgepigdaniel

those are terrible instructions. They are way out of date and use a method which is likely to brick the phones of unfortunate people like you who have no way of knowing that its bad advice.

If you can't get fastboot to work (depending on what's in that file you flashed, it may not work), then just do a TPT as per the guide, that will fix it.

Guest BladeBricked

those are terrible instructions. They are way out of date and use a method which is likely to brick the phones of unfortunate people like you who have no way of knowing that its bad advice.

If you can't get fastboot to work (depending on what's in that file you flashed, it may not work), then just do a TPT as per the guide, that will fix it.

I also tried to Flash a TPT but I see the green android immediately.

Guest BladeBricked

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Have you tried with both the Gen1 and the Gen2 TPT in the unbricking guide? checked md5s? followed the instructions properly?

Guest BladeBricked

Have you tried with both the Gen1 and the Gen2 TPT in the unbricking guide? checked md5s? followed the instructions properly?

Yes but if you see the green android immediately then it didn't work

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Yes but if you see the green android immediately then it didn't work

I'm inclined to think that you've made a mistake somewhere - its rare for a TPT to fail. try using a different SD card. you've got an "image" folder on the root of the SD card and you are holding both menu and volume up while booting? youve tried with both Gen1 and Gen2 TPTs from my unbricking guide?

You can go to method four if a TPT doesnt work, but its pretty involved.

Guest BladeBricked

I'm inclined to think that you've made a mistake somewhere - its rare for a TPT to fail. try using a different SD card. you've got an "image" folder on the root of the SD card and you are holding both menu and volume up while booting? youve tried with both Gen1 and Gen2 TPTs from my unbricking guide?

You can go to method four if a TPT doesnt work, but its pretty involved.

I put the image folder into the SD card, after i I have deleted all the contents of the card. In Into the SD Card, you can see only the image folder.

Should I put the contents of the image folder into the SD Card? I mean without the folder.

After that I hold VOL- and Menu to start Blade. This is because Blade used to do into restore mode with that combination of keys.

It stays on green Android screen with red back button.

Is that correct?

if it is, I will go with your suggestion to get a new SD Card of what size? Now it is 2GB.

Edited by BladeBricked

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I put the image folder into the SD card, after i I have deleted all the contents of the card. In Into the SD Card, you can see only the image folder.

Should I put the contents of the image folder into the SD Card? I mean without the folder.

After that I hold VOL- and Menu to start Blade. This is because Blade used to do into restore mode with that combination of keys.

It stays on green Android screen with red back button.

Is that correct?

if it is, I will go with your suggestion to get a new SD Card of what size? Now it is 2GB.

ok the problem is you are pressing volume down. It should be menu and volume up.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

The V880 tool is the best to use for debricking.

No, it isn't. have you seen the number of people who came started brick threads after using that thing and spend days and days trying to work out how to hex edit to get their IMEI back? TPT avoids all these problems.

Guest BladeBricked

ok the problem is you are pressing volume down. It should be menu and volume up.

i have tried the TPT with the md5 checks, VolUp+Menu etc.

Nothing seems to work.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

i have tried the TPT with the md5 checks, VolUp+Menu etc.

Nothing seems to work.

Well I guess the TPT isn't going to work then, if youve tried the Gen1 and Gen2 one from my unbricking guide.

keep going - try method 5. good luck.

Guest BladeBricked

Well I guess the TPT isn't going to work then, if youve tried the Gen1 and Gen2 one from my unbricking guide.

keep going - try method 5. good luck.

I cannot use method 5 because blade is recognise by windows as HS Handset Mass Storage Filter at best.

Otherwise it is recognized as Unknown device.

May I have the instructions for V880?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I cannot use method 5 because blade is recognise by windows as HS Handset Mass Storage Filter at best.

Otherwise it is recognized as Unknown device.

May I have the instructions for V880?

what instructions or the v880?

I can't tell you anything that isn't in the guide. I didn't omit anything. if its recognised as unknown device, then try manually telling windows to sue the drivers from C:\program files\zte drivers of whatever it installs to. If taht doesnt work then its over

• 1 year later...

hi want something i have zte avid for metropcs and want know if want to make unbrick for this phone with this tool usdl tool to bring the phone from dfu they a zip file in zte web http://www.zteusa.com/phones/zte-avid.html?support=1

so want see if you can make this work with this files and custom this to flash from dfu just give a look and let me know