76 replies to this topic

lisaxu

lisaxu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
You can visit myefox.com.

http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

This tablet PC launched by EFOX, reasonable price and high performance Android 3.2 OS, the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, GeForce CPU low power consumption, suitable for the treatment of various programs. About the appearance, proper design of the cover-slip bottom is good sensitivity, good visual effects and good wear resistance. A pre-sell activities on myefox.com now and product would deliver on October 20 together.

Myefox.com. No pains, no gains!

MikhailM

MikhailM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, POV Mobii

You can visit myefox.com.

http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

This tablet PC launched by EFOX, reasonable price and high performance Android 3.2 OS, the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, GeForce CPU low power consumption, suitable for the treatment of various programs. About the appearance, proper design of the cover-slip bottom is good sensitivity, good visual effects and good wear resistance. A pre-sell activities on myefox.com now and product would deliver on October 20 together.

This looks very much like the Shuttle N10 shown earler in the year at Comtex. The re-sellers have now confirmed that this tablet runs Vegacomb 3.2 (without any acknowledgement of the work done by Newbe and the Elite Team in developing it. The standard tablet does not have an in-built 3G unit (have to use a dongle) and the claimed battery life is 6 hours. Price indicated on the web page does not include postage/delivery.
Newbe5 has apparently tried this tablet and wrote that it is not using Vegacomb 3.2, but instead a beta version of Honeycomb.

Edited by MikhailM, 02 November 2011 - 06:30 AM.

MikhailM

MikhailM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
PC World Customer Services have confirmed that the true Advent Vega v2 is scheduled to be released on 14th November, but say they do not yet know, what the specifications is. They say they will know a little closer to the time.

netsalez

netsalez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

PC World Customer Services have confirmed that the true Advent Vega v2 is scheduled to be released on 14th November, but say they do not yet know, what the specifications is. They say they will know a little closer to the time.

Just checked online - nothing yet on this :(

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea
So ronerey, i'm tired of being so ronerey!
:angry:

Richard Lea
support@replacementtabletscreens[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

MikhailM

MikhailM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

So ronerey, i'm tired of being so ronerey!
:angry:

Now that we are past the supposed release date for the Advent Vega V2, PC World's Knowhow team say they do not know for the reason for the delay and are now not giving any more dates, when it may appear. Their ever so helpful advise is - keep watching the PC World site!
So maybe sometime, maybe never ....

alexzhou

alexzhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
seem DSG will not release advent vega II, I saw it had selled on chinese B2C website. www.aliexpress.com

MikhailM

MikhailM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

seem DSG will not release advent vega II, I saw it had selled on chinese B2C website. www.aliexpress.com

The Advent Vega name belongs to DSG and the chinese sites are using it incorrectly. We do not really know, if this is the tablet, which may yet be released by DSG as the Vega 2. It is just the sellers of these tablets, who are cashing in on the popularity of the currnet Advent Vega.

alexzhou

alexzhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

The Advent Vega name belongs to DSG and the chinese sites are using it incorrectly. We do not really know, if this is the tablet, which may yet be released by DSG as the Vega 2. It is just the sellers of these tablets, who are cashing in on the popularity of the currnet Advent Vega.

yes. advent vega is belongs to DSG. and made by shuttle. the N10, is made by shuttle too. it's upgrade item based on advent vega

tibor22

tibor22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:i900 Omnia, Gsmart G1315
I can confirm that the Avent Vega 2 is finally out, but it has different name(s) . I got my one a couple of days ago. I ordered it under the the name of "DVC N10" from Aliexpress and I got something with another name: "V91". But is must be the same as the one this topic is about, because of the photos and the hardware characteristic.

The data from Settings/About:

Modell no.: V91
Android version: 3.2.1
Kernel: 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56
Build no. v00.07.00 20111007

The tablet -- after two days of usage -- works well, it's fast enough, has bright screen with nice colours, and 5-6 hours of battery life. But I cannot really judge the performance, because the firmware must be a beta version. My biggest problem is that the ROM has NO Goggle apps, so, I cannot use Market, Gmail, etc.

I'm an old Modaco member, been using different WindowsMobile phones for 10 years, but I am tollaly newbie in Android business. So, after surfing some forums a lot, I know that it is possible to install the Google-related apps, but I should flash them. And I have to "root" the device if I want to flash it. Am I right? I even have downloaded some files to install (Google apps package, Android ROM Manager, etc.) but I don't know HOW TO ROOT A HONEYCOMB 3.2 DEVICE?!

If someone could help me, I would appriciate it.

Thanks and cheers,

Tibor

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.

I can confirm that the Avent Vega 2 is finally out, but it has different name(s) . I got my one a couple of days ago. I ordered it under the the name of "DVC N10" from Aliexpress and I got something with another name: "V91". But is must be the same as the one this topic is about, because of the photos and the hardware characteristic.

The data from Settings/About:

Modell no.: V91
Android version: 3.2.1
Kernel: 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56
Build no. v00.07.00 20111007

The tablet -- after two days of usage -- works well, it's fast enough, has bright screen with nice colours, and 5-6 hours of battery life. But I cannot really judge the performance, because the firmware must be a beta version. My biggest problem is that the ROM has NO Goggle apps, so, I cannot use Market, Gmail, etc.

I'm an old Modaco member, been using different WindowsMobile phones for 10 years, but I am tollaly newbie in Android business. So, after surfing some forums a lot, I know that it is possible to install the Google-related apps, but I should flash them. And I have to "root" the device if I want to flash it. Am I right? I even have downloaded some files to install (Google apps package, Android ROM Manager, etc.) but I don't know HOW TO ROOT A HONEYCOMB 3.2 DEVICE?!

If someone could help me, I would appriciate it.

Thanks and cheers,

Tibor

Hi tibor, thanks for the info on the DVC N10 but the chances are its not the Vega 2. It may be at one point DSG were considering using the Shuttle DVC N10 as the "Advent Vega 2" but it looks like they have decided not to use the DVC N10 as they would have released it already.
There probably will still be an advent vega 2 but it could be anything as its just a marketing name used by DSG. There is a largre vega community already and DSG would be stupid not to use the Advent vega name for future products.
As far as I know there are no custom roms for the DVC N10 but if I remember right newbe5 (part of the team that made vegacomb) had one before they where realeased and was asking anyone that had one running andriod 3.2 to contact him because he wanted a dump of it's 3.2 rom. This way a few months ago and things may have moved on now but he may still want it.
Contact him on here, he should be able to tell you about rooting the DVC N10 (if it needs it) and getting Google apps working.
Good luck

Richard Lea
[email protected]
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.

MikhailM

MikhailM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Hi tibor, thanks for the info on the DVC N10 but the chances are its not the Vega 2. It may be at one point DSG were considering using the Shuttle DVC N10 as the "Advent Vega 2" but it looks like they have decided not to use the DVC N10 as they would have released it already.
There probably will still be an advent vega 2 but it could be anything as its just a marketing name used by DSG. There is a largre vega community already and DSG would be stupid not to use the Advent vega name for future products.
As far as I know there are no custom roms for the DVC N10 but if I remember right newbe5 (part of the team that made vegacomb) had one before they where realeased and was asking anyone that had one running andriod 3.2 to contact him because he wanted a dump of it's 3.2 rom. This way a few months ago and things may have moved on now but he may still want it.
Contact him on here, he should be able to tell you about rooting the DVC N10 (if it needs it) and getting Google apps working.
Good luck

An alternative take of the situation is that DSG are still intending to use this tablet as the Advent Vega 2, but have had to postpone the launch (previously confirmed as 14th November) because the OS is still faulty. One conspiracy theorist scenario could be that the reason Newbe5 had this tablet to play with is because he had been asked to put afully working version of Vegacomb on it and that is why he is too busy to do furhter work beyonf Build 3. (Sorry, Newbe, hope you don't take offence, I know about the new job and the new heir).

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

One conspiracy theorist scenario could be that the reason Newbe5 had this tablet to play with is because he had been asked to put afully working version of Vegacomb on it and that is why he is too busy to do furhter work beyonf Build 3.

Hi tibor,
This had also crossed my mind but DSG also have repeatedly said the Vega 2 will be Tegra 3. I think they are just winging it and bigging up the vega 2 as much as possible.
How does everything else run, is everything else working properly?
Cheers

Edited by richardmlea, 06 December 2011 - 04:31 PM.

Richard Lea
[email protected]

MikhailM

MikhailM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Hi tibor,
This had also crossed my mind but DSG also have repeatedly said the Vega 2 will be Tegra 3. I think they are just winging it and bigging up the vega 2 as much as possible.
How does everything else run, is everything else working properly?
Cheers

Hi, Richardmlea, when and where did DSG say that Vega 2 will have Tegra 3?

alexzhou

alexzhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
as i know. Shuttle just get Tegra 3 release. if need T3, i think have to wait for about 10Month. now only ASUS had developed T3.

alexzhou

alexzhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
if anybody want to know how to root N10. can conntact me.

MikhailM

MikhailM

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

if anybody want to know how to root N10. can conntact me.

Hi, Alexzhou, I would like to know, how to root the N10. Also, could you let us know, what the installed OS is like?

How good is the screen?

Battery life?

ARi3S

ARi3S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi, Alexzhou, I would like to know, how to root the N10. Also, could you let us know, what the installed OS is like?

How good is the screen?

Battery life?

+1 for the root!

alexzhou

alexzhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
yes, v2 is shuttle N10CN12

But DSG will not release this item. they had cancelled

Is the Advent Vega V2 actually the Shuttle N10CN12? Who make it if it not Shuttle?

Jacobyte

alexzhou

alexzhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

+1 for the root!

had sent market and root program to you by email

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users