Advent Vega V2

Guest Jacobyte

Guest richardmlea

I can confirm that the Avent Vega 2 is finally out, but it has different name(s) . I got my one a couple of days ago. I ordered it under the the name of "DVC N10" from Aliexpress and I got something with another name: "V91". But is must be the same as the one this topic is about, because of the photos and the hardware characteristic.

The data from Settings/About:

Modell no.: V91

Android version: 3.2.1

Kernel: 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56

Build no. v00.07.00 20111007

The tablet -- after two days of usage -- works well, it's fast enough, has bright screen with nice colours, and 5-6 hours of battery life. But I cannot really judge the performance, because the firmware must be a beta version. My biggest problem is that the ROM has NO Goggle apps, so, I cannot use Market, Gmail, etc.

I'm an old Modaco member, been using different WindowsMobile phones for 10 years, but I am tollaly newbie in Android business. So, after surfing some forums a lot, I know that it is possible to install the Google-related apps, but I should flash them. And I have to "root" the device if I want to flash it. Am I right? I even have downloaded some files to install (Google apps package, Android ROM Manager, etc.) but I don't know HOW TO ROOT A HONEYCOMB 3.2 DEVICE?!

If someone could help me, I would appriciate it.

Thanks and cheers,

Tibor

Hi tibor, thanks for the info on the DVC N10 but the chances are its not the Vega 2. It may be at one point DSG were considering using the Shuttle DVC N10 as the "Advent Vega 2" but it looks like they have decided not to use the DVC N10 as they would have released it already.

There probably will still be an advent vega 2 but it could be anything as its just a marketing name used by DSG. There is a largre vega community already and DSG would be stupid not to use the Advent vega name for future products.

As far as I know there are no custom roms for the DVC N10 but if I remember right newbe5 (part of the team that made vegacomb) had one before they where realeased and was asking anyone that had one running andriod 3.2 to contact him because he wanted a dump of it's 3.2 rom. This way a few months ago and things may have moved on now but he may still want it.

Contact him on here, he should be able to tell you about rooting the DVC N10 (if it needs it) and getting Google apps working.

Good luck

Guest MikhailM

Hi tibor, thanks for the info on the DVC N10 but the chances are its not the Vega 2. It may be at one point DSG were considering using the Shuttle DVC N10 as the "Advent Vega 2" but it looks like they have decided not to use the DVC N10 as they would have released it already.

There probably will still be an advent vega 2 but it could be anything as its just a marketing name used by DSG. There is a largre vega community already and DSG would be stupid not to use the Advent vega name for future products.

As far as I know there are no custom roms for the DVC N10 but if I remember right newbe5 (part of the team that made vegacomb) had one before they where realeased and was asking anyone that had one running andriod 3.2 to contact him because he wanted a dump of it's 3.2 rom. This way a few months ago and things may have moved on now but he may still want it.

Contact him on here, he should be able to tell you about rooting the DVC N10 (if it needs it) and getting Google apps working.

Good luck

An alternative take of the situation is that DSG are still intending to use this tablet as the Advent Vega 2, but have had to postpone the launch (previously confirmed as 14th November) because the OS is still faulty. One conspiracy theorist scenario could be that the reason Newbe5 had this tablet to play with is because he had been asked to put afully working version of Vegacomb on it and that is why he is too busy to do furhter work beyonf Build 3. (Sorry, Newbe, hope you don't take offence, I know about the new job and the new heir).

Guest richardmlea

One conspiracy theorist scenario could be that the reason Newbe5 had this tablet to play with is because he had been asked to put afully working version of Vegacomb on it and that is why he is too busy to do furhter work beyonf Build 3.

Hi tibor,

This had also crossed my mind but DSG also have repeatedly said the Vega 2 will be Tegra 3. I think they are just winging it and bigging up the vega 2 as much as possible.

How does everything else run, is everything else working properly?

Cheers

Edited by richardmlea

Guest MikhailM

Hi tibor,

This had also crossed my mind but DSG also have repeatedly said the Vega 2 will be Tegra 3. I think they are just winging it and bigging up the vega 2 as much as possible.

How does everything else run, is everything else working properly?

Cheers

Hi, Richardmlea, when and where did DSG say that Vega 2 will have Tegra 3?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikhailM

if anybody want to know how to root N10. can conntact me.

Hi, Alexzhou, I would like to know, how to root the N10. Also, could you let us know, what the installed OS is like?

How good is the screen?

Battery life?

Hi, Alexzhou, I would like to know, how to root the N10. Also, could you let us know, what the installed OS is like?

How good is the screen?

Battery life?

+1 for the root!

Guest alexzhou

yes, v2 is shuttle N10CN12

But DSG will not release this item. they had cancelled

Is the Advent Vega V2 actually the Shuttle N10CN12? Who make it if it not Shuttle?

Jacobyte

• 2 weeks later...
Guest androidrene

I have also the dvc n10 from efox and missing the android market, currently is 3.2 installed but no market, gmail....

I´m would be happy, if you can send me also an email.

Guest MikhailM

I have also the dvc n10 from efox and missing the android market, currently is 3.2 installed but no market, gmail....

I´m would be happy, if you can send me also an email.

Hi, Androidrene,

You can download the market apk from the web and install it using a file manager. The same with gmail.

How good is the screen on the N10? What version of 3.2 does it have?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex_obscuro

Hi, finally I have installed Android 3.2

In some minutes I will try to install market.

But the first that I see in 3.2 is that the camera don´t works, when I open the camera App, the App Open but don´t appears image camera, and after some second the app don´t respond.

Other think that now I see, is that when I change from horinzontal to vertical (the G-sensor) the change in the screen is slower.

Anyone have N10 with Android 3.2, have the same problems?

Thanks and sorry for my bad envglish, Alex.

Guest alexzhou

Hi, finally I have installed Android 3.2

In some minutes I will try to install market.

But the first that I see in 3.2 is that the camera don´t works, when I open the camera App, the App Open but don´t appears image camera, and after some second the app don´t respond.

Other think that now I see, is that when I change from horinzontal to vertical (the G-sensor) the change in the screen is slower.

Anyone have N10 with Android 3.2, have the same problems?

Thanks and sorry for my bad envglish, Alex.

For camera. you just change the camera to front camera( the OS default support back camera). after you change, the N10 will be as dead. but don't worry. just press the power key about 5s, release it, then click power key. will on unlock interface. unlock. then run camera again. will be working now. maybe have one warning. just force close. run camera again.

Guest alex_obscuro

Ok, thanks!!!!!!

Now the front camera works fine

My N10 version doesn´t have rear camera, and this is the problem with the CameraApp.

Chnaging the camera in the camera app solutions all ;-)

Guest tibor22

Hi I have the same problem, I have a new NC10, but have with Android 2.2

Anybody knows how can I install Honeycomb?

Thanks, Alex.

I have just the opposite desire: install Android 2.2 instead of 3.2 that is currently on my device. 2.2 is older, but, according to some posts, works almost bug-free on DVC N10.

Does someone have any idea from where I could download the 2.2 firmware?

Thanks, Tibor

Guest alex_obscuro

Hi, I have install Android 3.2, but I can´t install Android Market.

ADB don´t works with my tablet.

I use in 2 computers with Windows 7

I put more info in this post: http://android.modaco.com/topic/350745-trying-to-install-market-in-honeycomb-32-adb-problem/page__gopid__1885433#entry1885433

Anyone have the same problem?

All the people can use Android ADB with this tablet?

Thanks for all.

Guest MikhailM

Thanks a lot!

Another question: is there any way to save my current 3.2 ROM in case I would need to put it back?

Thanks, Tibor

Tibor, just download and keep the rom to which the link is given in the post just above yours. Could you pleas answer my questions, which no one wants to answer -

How good is the screen, particularly the viewing angles?

What is the battery life under normal use, and when watching video?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nhc6688

had sent market and root program to you by email

Can you sent me the root program , i need it , i cant root this device rom 3.2 :((