40 replies to this topic

gianni76

gianni76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Light
Dear all,
I recently purchased a cheap ZTE V9 Light and found it has a lot of features, but is incredibly missing USB support.
I need it to attach a small USB keyboard embedded in a case I am using for this tablet.

So, I thank you all for bringing this topic up and researching it fully.
i would like to ask:

a) is the OTG support built in the ZTE Light (Android 2.2, light build ZTE/V9_generic/v9:2.2/frf91/20110218) ? How can I check before putting a mod in?
At present I simply rooted the device and bought an OTG cable, but no message comes in and android does not see the mouse keyboard I attach to this cable (nor a usb key, basically the port seems dead with this OTG, but works well when I attach it to the PC with a microusb to USB male data cable).

B) Has anyone investigated if the ZTE V9 Light can put the 500 mA out of the microusb port? I read somewhere that the hardware is pretty much identical to the ZTE Blade, so it might be that they investigated it already. Any hint?

c) I need to use the tablet on the road and cannot have a powered hub aournd. So I read with interest the option of a USB hub with battery power, but cannot find any link to such product (the link to dealextreme brings me to a standard usb hub... maybe they changed products codes?). Anyone can comment?

Thanks for your help

Edited by gianni76, 26 May 2012 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users