ThermalDroid

ThermalDroid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Law and hacking, good mix;)
  • Devices:San Fran 2.3.4
Okay I know many people will use the "I'll just over clock it herp derp' argument but the thing is its already the turbo variant of the blade processor which is in essence overclocked. Also from my experience of the turbo variant of the blade processor the stability over even 800MHz is poor, I mean it crashes at 900MHz so don't hope for 1GHz. Shop around and get something better or if you are fine with the armv6 then by all means disregard this and get the Skate.

Current phones:

San Francisco Pretty much dead.
Atrix my beautiful atrix!
HTC Desire don't like it, it's sitting in a draw.

Talvathir

Talvathir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Ah well no more waiting for me, last night a very nice lady from my mobileprovider called me up to let me know that my 24 months were up, would I like to sign up for another 24 months? If I did so they would send me a Galaxy S2 as part of the deal ... hard one to say no to ;).

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Okay I know many people will use the "I'll just over clock it herp derp' argument but the thing is its already the turbo variant of the blade processor which is in essence overclocked. Also from my experience of the turbo variant of the blade processor the stability over even 800MHz is poor, I mean it crashes at 900MHz so don't hope for 1GHz. Shop around and get something better or if you are fine with the armv6 then by all means disregard this and get the Skate.

They didn't take a standard MSM7227 and overclock it to 800MHz.. it's an improved core that runs as a higher clock speed. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be additionally overclocked by the users.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

They didn't take a standard MSM7227 and overclock it to 800MHz.. it's an improved core that runs as a higher clock speed. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be additionally overclocked by the users.

or do like motorola did with the defy+ and overclock the defy (800mhz monte carlo) update to gingerbread and call it a new phone (1ghz skate).

todoleo

todoleo

Geek at heart, Tech Support Monkey and feeder of Wobbles (@fatol

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus / Lumia 710
  • Twitter:@Todoleo

http://montecarlophone.co.uk/#
One more thing
I can get the Palm Pre 2 for £144 but should I just wait for the monte carlo and buy that instead?

I have a Pre2 and am very happy with it. It is not as customisable as Android devices, but it does the job. Only annoying thing about it: no threaded conversations in the email client.

I'm looking forward to the release of the Monte Carlo and will definitely be getting one.

Twitter: @Todoleo
Identi.ca: @Todoleo

Blog: Todoleo.com

Hungrymonkey

Hungrymonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In sunny Norwich Saturday, had a play with a Monte Carlo in the shop. The assistant was quite keen too. Only two in stock, manager would let me buy one. £149 with top up or £20/ month with free phone. No promotional stand or dummy phone yet and not on display. Might just pay to ask.

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

It looks pretty legit to me
Will you guys be buying this if it's at this price

One more thing
I can get the Palm Pre 2 for £144 but should I just wait for the monte carlo and buy that instead?

Now in stock online.

Edited by beggin, 09 August 2011 - 06:53 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X
oranges website is a joke it wont let me add the top up after adding the phone and if you add the top up first the phone disappears.

PROBLEM WOZ MY WEB BROWSER (IE9) USED GOOGLE CHROME AND WORKED FINE.

Edited by tillaz, 09 August 2011 - 10:05 PM.

the juggernaut

the juggernaut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:Samsung galaxy S2 CM 9.1

oranges website is a joke it wont let me add the top up after adding the phone and if you add the top up first the phone disappears.

PROBLEM WOZ MY WEB BROWSER (IE9) USED GOOGLE CHROME AND WORKED FINE.

well I.E is rubbish anyways i meen a brick runs faster

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

well I.E is rubbish anyways i meen a brick runs faster

yeah its long gone now will never use it again

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

It looks pretty legit to me
Will you guys be buying this if it's at this price

One more thing

Acer Liquid Metal for ~ £140 from Expansys now (Similar to the X5 specs wise slightly smaller screen but you can get it now factory unlocked).

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Devices:MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

Acer Liquid Metal for ~ £140 from Expansys now (Similar to the X5 specs wise slightly smaller screen but you can get it now factory unlocked).

acer isn't the cream of the crop, I'd put acer and ZTE smartphones in the same market categorie, cheap....if you're looking for something better in the <£200 price range, go for an older 4" Samsung or an 4" HTC off ebay....

Anyway Acer Liquid Metal is an 3.5" inch phone in league with Blade / SanFrancisco...

The 4.3" MonteCarlo / Skate is a different phone completely....If you're looking for a large 4.3" you won't be happy with a 3.5".... :lol:

Edited by dadashi, 03 September 2011 - 09:03 PM.

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & Huawei U8800

acer isn't the cream of the crop, I'd put acer and ZTE smartphones in the same market categorie, cheap....if you're looking for something better in the <£200 price range, go for an older 4" Samsung or an 4" HTC off ebay....

Anyway Acer Liquid Metal is an 3.5" inch phone in league with Blade / SanFrancisco...

The 4.3" MonteCarlo / Skate is a different phone completely....If you're looking for a large 4.3" you won't be happy with a 3.5".... :lol:

Acer Liquid Metal is cream of the crop compared to any ZTE device, just the community around it is really poop.
When you compare phones do you look any other specs than screen size? btw Liquid Metal has 3.6 inch display, not 3.5.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
huawei have some new phones coming soon, ideos x6 been one of them.

http://www.gsmarena....eos_x6-3595.php

Navie

Navie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
This is a good site to use as well as gsmarena.com

http://pdadb.net/ind...carlo_zte_skate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users