Advent 4211 recovery disc iso needed

Guest pringlex3

Guest pringlex3

Hi folks my notebook has crashed during a destructive reload so now i only get a "bootmgr missing" error message at start up. the nice people at PC world want me to pay for a recovery disc as they say i would have been given the option to create one when i fist used the machine 3 years ago. i had mad a usb recovery stick prior to the destructive reboot but that is not working - i downloaded the 35 parts for a USB stick from the mega upload, mentioned in a post from over a year ago on this site, but the files will not unzip due to a corrupted file. i was hoping someone who has either a working USB recovery stick or a full recovery disc would be able to get copies of the files or an ISO Iimage of the disc to me somehow and so have made this popst to ask for help. please get in touch if you can assist me - kind regards - dave

• 2 months later...
Guest TheNerd

Hi folks my notebook has crashed during a destructive reload so now i only get a "bootmgr missing" error message at start up. the nice people at PC world want me to pay for a recovery disc as they say i would have been given the option to create one when i fist used the machine 3 years ago. i had mad a usb recovery stick prior to the destructive reboot but that is not working - i downloaded the 35 parts for a USB stick from the mega upload, mentioned in a post from over a year ago on this site, but the files will not unzip due to a corrupted file. i was hoping someone who has either a working USB recovery stick or a full recovery disc would be able to get copies of the files or an ISO Iimage of the disc to me somehow and so have made this popst to ask for help. please get in touch if you can assist me - kind regards - dave

Hi Dave,

I posted links for the Advent 4213 recovery disk once - would they be useful to you? (I think they are down now but I can reupload them if you are prepared to wait...)

Regards,

TheNerd