[ROM MOD][Gen2] Simple Stir Fry (Updated 01/10) - b27

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Guest Matthew Ferguson

This is one of the most stock Gingerbread ROMs for the Blade.

Hey, I'm a huge fan of Wbaw's GSF ROM, but I find myself often having to remove certain apks and boot images to get the ROM the way I like it. Because of this, I've decided to share with you the ROM I use on my phone. It's a modified version of the latest build of GSF at the time of writing this is b27, and I've basically with the lite version:

• Reverted the boot image to the default Android one
  • Removed the CRT animation
  • Reverted the notification bar to stock
  • Changed the file manager back to ZTE Filer
  • Kept the stock android MMS app
  • Kept the stock Settings app
  • Reverted the unlock sliders to stock Gingerbread
  • Removed apps added by Wbaw such as Torch, appwidgetpicker, and Reboot.
    With the full version I have also:

• Changed the boot animation to be the stock Nexus S/One animation
    • Changed the dialler/contacts app to be the ZTE smart dialler version, but not the ZTE MMS app.
    • Added the stock HTC WinMo text message sound to notifications - now included by Wbaw in his ROM by default.
    • Added the colourful settings menu seen below.

Hopefully the ROM is to your liking :) I've attached some screenshots to this post. All themes and goodies in the Gingerbread Goodies thread for GSF are compatible with this ROM.

Just remember, as Wbaw says, NO WHIPE, NO WHINE.

ROM DOWNLOADS - b27:

Lite version : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7WTJMU1E

Full version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H2WT1V9Q

Patch to re-add CRT (screen off) animation: http://www.4shared.c...o/ReAddCRT.html

Patch to add ZTE Dialler to Lite version: http://hotfile.com/d...ialler.zip.html

Patch to add Colourful Settings to Lite version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFH2VZIC

post-818598-0-79189600-1311933090_thumb.

post-818598-0-33548000-1311933783_thumb.

post-818598-0-67684300-1311933807_thumb.

post-818598-0-85523300-1311933977_thumb.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest kogos

nice work... i like the colored settings menu and the simplicity of this rom.

i have just one question. Is it possible to get the settings.apk and put it in GSF without breaking anything? i think it is, just need to confirm that

Edited by kogos

Guest Matthew Ferguson

nice work... i like the colored settings menu and the simplicity of this rom.

i have just one question. Is it possible to get the settings.apk and put it in GSF without breaking anything? i think it is, just need to confirm that

Yep, completely possible :) If you find it in the goodies thread I think there's a flashable zip there.

Also, on another not, I'm not too sure why people are rating my thread lowly, I'm just trying to be helpful, and share my customisation of Wbaw's ROM.

Guest keevre

Pretty good ROM. I haven't tested any of GSF so I am moving from CM7 N133.

I will just let you know what I think about it.

Reverted the boot image to the Nexus S/One version Not really my favorite

Removed the CRT animation ok <LI>Reverted the notification bar to stock Not cool.

Changed the filemanager back to ZTE Filer Cool

Changed the contacts/dialler back to ZTE versions, but kept the stock android MMS app I don't like the ZTE dialer

Changed the settings menu to be the more colourful version found in the Goodies thread Not that important, but makes it a little for children

Reverted the unlock sliders to stock Gingerbread Ok

Removed apps added by Wbaw including Chanfire3d, appwidget/livewallpaper picker, and Reboot. Good move since they're not that important

Added the stock text message sound (Glass 1) from WinMo HTC phones. That was awesome

Edited by keevre

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Pretty good ROM. I haven't tested any of GSF so I am moving from CM7 N133.

I will just let you know what I think about it.

Reverted the boot image to the Nexus S/One version Not really my favorite

Removed the CRT animation ok <LI>Reverted the notification bar to stock Not cool.

Changed the filemanager back to ZTE Filer Cool

Changed the contacts/dialler back to ZTE versions, but kept the stock android MMS app I don't like the ZTE dialer

Changed the settings menu to be the more colourful version found in the Goodies thread Not that important, but makes it a little for children

Reverted the unlock sliders to stock Gingerbread Ok

Removed apps added by Wbaw including Chanfire3d, appwidget/livewallpaper picker, and Reboot. Good move since they're not that important

Added the stock text message sound (Glass 1) from WinMo HTC phones. That was awesome

I'm just not a fan of the notification bar in GSF b17 at the moment :( What's your favourite boot screen? ATM I'm happy with the Nexus one but always open to suggestions. I feel the settings menu without colour looks deathly, and HTC has it colourful like this :)

The only reason I added the ZTE Dialler is because the integration with things like Dialler One is awful, and I can't live without smart dial!

Guest TouchyAndalou

Just wondering if your enable CRT animation in the goodies thread will work on GSF b17? And if not, whether you'd be able to upload a file that does? It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Just wondering if your enable CRT animation in the goodies thread will work on GSF b17? And if not, whether you'd be able to upload a file that does? It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Yes you can, but it will revert the framework-res.apk with to the one from B9, making it quite an old one and possibly more prone to some of the graphical bugs etc that wbaw fixed with framework-res.apk updates in his changelog.

Hope this helps.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Yes you can, but it will revert the framework-res.apk with to the one from B9, making it quite an old one and possibly more prone to some of the graphical bugs etc that wbaw fixed with framework-res.apk updates in his changelog.

Hope this helps.

Actually, this ROM is RUNNING that framework. Most, if not all of the graphical bugs that were present in GSF are actually caused by Wbaw's tweaks in SystemUI and the framework. As far as I'm aware no graphical issues are present in this ROM, however feel free to inform me if there are!

Patch to re-add CRT: http://www.4shared.c...o/ReAddCRT.html

Patch to remove CRT: http://www.4shared.c...lTWi/NoCRT.html

Guest Pierreism

This is just what I was looking for, thanks Matthew.

Is there any chance of a Simpler Simple Stir Fry? (A Lite version?) With nothing at all added, such as the colour settings menu or the ZTE apps/dialer?

No worries if you don't want to! Just fishing for a stock Gingerbread ROM for my blade that's as close to vanilla as possible. Thanks for all the hard work!

Guest Matthew Ferguson

This is just what I was looking for, thanks Matthew.

Is there any chance of a Simpler Simple Stir Fry? (A Lite version?) With nothing at all added, such as the colour settings menu or the ZTE apps/dialer?

No worries if you don't want to! Just fishing for a stock Gingerbread ROM for my blade that's as close to vanilla as possible. Thanks for all the hard work!

Hmm, I could sort something out. Bear with me for a few days, I have a free week next week :)

Guest Geree

I can second that. A simple stir fry as close to stock as possible would be great! Thanks.

Haveyou tried Burstlam's version? I think its just like that you want..

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Haveyou tried Burstlam's version? I think its just like that you want..

But sadly, it still has a few issues Wbaw fixed. Just a few :) I'll compile a simple STIR FRY version.

Guest Pierreism

Wow you rule. Thanks again. Although I may have to still wait for B19 because of those alleged proximity sensor issues everyone seems to be having.

Guest Akash P

Wow you rule. Thanks again. Although I may have to still wait for B19 because of those alleged proximity sensor issues everyone seems to be having.

If you have'nt heard the "proximity sensor issues" will continue till zte realeases their source. The only change GSF Beta19 is gonna have is that a new launcher would be added along with a few apps. I repeat, The proximity sensor issues will not be resolves in Beta 19.

Dont keep your hopes high.

I think it's just in bright ambient light, it conflicts with the light sensor somehow, I stay in my dark cave so it never affects me. I might see if the cm7 proximity libs work, that's about all I could do to try to fix it I think.

@KuNgZi that's CM7. This & also the stir fry rom that it was based on (so not sure how it was 'added') have the boring official slider one.

Also, LiveWallpapersPicker.apk wasn't added by me, it's a standard part of Android, without it you wont be able to use any live wallpapers. You must've saved about 100kb by removing all those apps :rolleyes: . ZTE dialler breaks sip calling.

And most of the graphic errors were in fact caused by zte & their (not really) 9patch png files, decompile & recompile the stock framework using apktool & it gives lots of graphic errors, like the grey lockscreen sliders. I fixed them by removing the '.9', but that causes more (smaller) graphic problems.

You left visualzation wappers & livewalpapers.apk & removed livewallpaperspicker.apk?? how does that work?

Edited by wbaw

Guest Matthew Ferguson

I think it's just in bright ambient light, it conflicts with the light sensor somehow, I stay in my dark cave so it never affects me. I might see if the cm7 proximity libs work, that's about all I could do to try to fix it I think.

@KuNgZi that's CM7. This & also the stir fry rom that it was based on (so not sure how it was 'added') have the boring official slider one.

Also, LiveWallpapersPicker.apk wasn't added by me, it's a standard part of Android, without it you wont be able to use any live wallpapers. You must've saved about 100kb by removing all those apps :rolleyes: . ZTE dialler breaks sip calling.

And most of the graphic errors were in fact caused by zte & their (not really) 9patch png files, decompile & recompile the stock framework using apktool & it gives lots of graphic errors, like the grey lockscreen sliders. I fixed them by removing the '.9', but that causes more (smaller) graphic problems.

You left visualzation wappers & livewalpapers.apk & removed livewallpaperspicker.apk?? how does that work?

Sorry, the live wallpapers thing was my mistake, I'm new to this whole ROM thing. As for the graphical bugs, I've been using this modified version of your ROM since b4, and I haven't noticed any issues. As for the ZTE Dialler issue, the Lite version of my ROM MOD doesn't have this present, for those who use SIP calling. I'm not overly concerned about the space saving, really, I'm more concerned with reverting to stock :)

well, the stock was a bit crap, but i suppose it's personal tastes. I fixed most of the graphics bugs. If you're just using the stock framework then the graphic bugs don't show up until you try decompiling & recompiling it or putting it through uot kitchen. The lockscreen sliders are a pain.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Matthew Ferguson

well, the stock was a bit crap, but i suppose it's personal tastes. I fixed most of the graphics bugs. If you're just using the stock framework then the graphic bugs don't show up until you try decompiling & recompiling it or putting it through uot kitchen. The lockscreen sliders are a pain.

Fair enough, but I greatly prefer them to the Froyo versions present in b18 :)