[ROM] Wolfs TW Gingerbread | Feel the difference | V6 out | 17/9/2011

Guest Wolfbreak

Guest zuuus

Just have to say, awesome ROM mate. Been using Tripnmiui Froyo for the past few months, but never been quite happy with it. Thought I'd give this a go and must say, it's a keeper - using it with Hotfix 004 and everything works absolutely without a glitch.

Kudos to you Wolf for doing such a good job porting it and I must also say kudos to Sony Ericsson for improving so much since Eclair.

Also I removed a few apps I don't use like Timescape as soon as I installed it, and battery life is fantastic - 20 hours on now, sitting at 85%.

Great work! Much appreciated.

Guest rendeiro2005

I tried to flash this rom with xrecovery but it says it can not mount SD. Please help me. Thank you

i think this will do

This is a custom recovery for Xperia X10 based on ClockworkMod recovery source.

Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!

rec1s.pngrec2d.png

How?

Press BACK button few times right after white SE label appears.

Controls:

Use VOLUME-UP and VOLUME-DOWN to browse, HOME to select, BACK to go back.

Features:

• ADB root shell
    • Reboot
    • Install update.zip from SD Card
    • Factory reset (full wipe)
    • Wipe cache partition
    • Install custom zip
    • Backup and Restore
    • Partition tools
      • Mount/unmount partitions
      • Format partitions
      • Mount as USB Storage

[*]Advanced options

[*]Wipe Dalvik cache[*]Wipe battery stats[*]Fix permissions for apps (FC fix)

Installation:

A: Install the zip package via your current recovery

9131112.jpg

1. boot into recovery

2. connect with adb (adb shell)

rm -r /sdcard

mkdir sdcard

chmod 777 sdcard

4. Now you will be able to see your SD Card and install fixed xRecovery

or

B: unpack all of the files to the relevant folders on your mobile

or

C: ask your ROM provider to include it :)

I am not responsible for any damage this software may cause to your phone.

Use it at your own risk!

Requirements:

1. 2.3 STOCK ROM

2. Phone must be rooted

3. Busybox from the market installed

Changelog:

0.3-release-GB: fixed Mass Storage mounting issues

0.3-release-GB: fixed SD Card mounting issues

0.3-release: unified version for all X10 variants and partition layouts

0.2-release: fixed installation issues for those with trashed mtd0 partition

0.1-release: xRecovery installer app - thanks zoz33!

0.0.1-beta: Initial release (for testers)

Download:

For now please use xRecovery 0.3: xRecovery_0.3_GBready.zip

snapshot_13-01-2011_xRecovery.tar.bz2 - source code

cheers

R

Guest xionation

Fastest my phone has ever been after installing, the ONE and ONLY issue that i'm facing is the battery is getting sucked down so quickly.. 65% after 4 hours of usage?, that can't be right.. especially when my screen brightness is on the lowest setting!?!

Guest zuuus

Fastest my phone has ever been after installing, the ONE and ONLY issue that i'm facing is the battery is getting sucked down so quickly.. 65% after 4 hours of usage?, that can't be right.. especially when my screen brightness is on the lowest setting!?!

If you don't use Timescape, remove it. As far as I've seen, it sucks up the battery power bigtime even when it's not running as a widget. Removing Timescape was the only 'mod' I did to this ROM, right after installing. Sitting at 70% after 40 hours with a fair few calls made, surfing net and general new-rom fiddling. Some of the best battery life I've seen from this phone.

Guest richardcbristol

I'm loving this ROM but have one minor problem. I don't seem to be able to send MMS. May be my network is being funky but seems unlikely. Anyone else have this kind of problem and know a fix? The MMS APN seems to be there correctly in settings.

Battery lasted 12 hours only with minimal use but I've yet to remove timescape and other crap I don't need. Daresay that will help a lot.

Going back to fully working camera, phone proximity sensor that doesn't occaisionally forget to work and lets you dial someone else with your ear etc, is definitely very nice :-) Wife did complain that my voice sounded a bit tinny on calling her last night but that could just be down to network and my location. Will test more later this week.

[Edit] Just got a forceclose in Astro when looking at processes running on my phone after uninstalling Timescape apps with titanium... Astro's always been rock solid for me previously.

Edited by richardcbristol

Guest devilsden

No FCs, no WLODs, no lags n no freezes since launched. Lovin it...

Is there a way to hide contacts from different account. What to sync moxier mail contacts but don't want them to appear in phone book.

Guest chunkylover2321

I'm loving this ROM but have one minor problem. I don't seem to be able to send MMS. May be my network is being funky but seems unlikely. Anyone else have this kind of problem and know a fix? The MMS APN seems to be there correctly in settings.

Battery lasted 12 hours only with minimal use but I've yet to remove timescape and other crap I don't need. Daresay that will help a lot.

Going back to fully working camera, phone proximity sensor that doesn't occaisionally forget to work and lets you dial someone else with your ear etc, is definitely very nice :-) Wife did complain that my voice sounded a bit tinny on calling her last night but that could just be down to network and my location. Will test more later this week.

[Edit] Just got a forceclose in Astro when looking at processes running on my phone after uninstalling Timescape apps with titanium... Astro's always been rock solid for me previously.

Interesting you mentioned that because I tried to send a picture message yesterday and it kept on failing. I tried like seven times and not once was I able to send the picture.

Wolf any ideas mate?

Guest basti2909

If you don't use Timescape, remove it. As far as I've seen, it sucks up the battery power bigtime even when it's not running as a widget. Removing Timescape was the only 'mod' I did to this ROM, right after installing. Sitting at 70% after 40 hours with a fair few calls made, surfing net and general new-rom fiddling. Some of the best battery life I've seen from this phone.

Is there a way to remove timescape manually? Dont want to use wolfs remover cause i like the facebook integration.

Guest Malkot

Only 90 replies of this masterpiece ROM. With almost no-bugs and great battery life. I am really disappointed with user response on this thread.

Guest wonton1017

Going from stock SE gingerbread to this is like night and day difference in performance, so much faster/snappier.

Also had my 3g working right after installation, whereas i had to set it up manually when i flashed it to SE gingergread (my phone is a SE X10A)

Thank you for this, very easy to install!

Only 90 replies of this masterpiece ROM. With almost no-bugs and great battery life. I am really disappointed with user response on this thread.

well how else should it be? THERE ARE NO BUGS! even if we use it and like it allot, at least in my case,a small donation I believe that is welcome over the Trip follower style.... oh trip you are my life..... Omg. ..

I am silent as I don t have bugs.

now I take the occasion to congrats w..... good one here!

Edited by mauk

Guest devilsden

I know that. This is why I used "this thread". A great rom is always great; either here or there. anyway, smell of flower never need any advertisement, it showed itself everywhere.

yep, every release is a perfect one

Guest chunkylover2321

camera wont work for me, when start all phone freze, just working button for power off and restart. why?

I had similar problems last night when I installed the new rom but I also installed the rom with additional content. Try a clean install then see how that goes. Thats what wolf got me to do and everything works perfect. No problems what so ever.

Guest Neel007

I know that. This is why I used "this thread". A great rom is always great; either here or there. anyway, smell of flower never need any advertisement, it showed itself everywhere.

u dont know anything man...