[Q] compiling kernel from v10e source

Guest imperticus

Guest imperticus

Hey Paul or anyone else with some knowledge,

I've been trying to compile the kernel from the v10e sources, but keep getting this error..

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:266: error: arbitration_xbar causes a section type conflict

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:266: error: arbitration_xbar causes a section type conflict

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:270: error: emc_zcal causes a section type conflict

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:270: error: emc_zcal causes a section type conflict

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:275: error: emc_ctt_term causes a section type conflict

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:275: error: emc_ctt_term causes a section type conflict

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:284: error: xm2_cfgd causes a section type conflict

arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.c:284: error: xm2_cfgd causes a section type conflict

make[1]: *** [arch/arm/mach-tegra/suspend-t2.o] Error 1

make: *** [arch/arm/mach-tegra] Error 2

any help would be much appreciated.. :)

Guest imperticus

Weird. Which config are you building with? Try building with the defconfig for star F as a starting point.

P

yes thats what I'm doing :/ "make star_rev_f_android_defconfig ARCH=arm"

is it anything to do with the ndk and arm-eabi-gcc?

Guest imperticus

Which toolchain are you using? I'm using the toolchain from the Android source (Darwin as i'm building on OSX).

P

It's building now, no more issues :D

it was the toolchain, i was using the toolchain from ndk, now using the one from android source (darwin here too ;) )

thanks for your help :)