Orange Monte Carlo available next week

Guest Simon O

Guest everett_psycho

nice work, and i'm guessing it's still £140+£10 top up, i'm tempted, my hero is in dire need of an upgrade but i've been really torn between high and low end phones since buying a vega to use more for surfing the web, as long as it runs 2.2 or above tethering will solve my worries on screen size. I've no doubt the Samsung S2 is a far better phone but i don't think its worth the £300 extra to do stuff I could happily do on a Vega + a OMC. Think i'll wait and see how long it takes to be unlocked before buying though as being on orange is useless to me, but the sim and £10 worth of credit will pay for itself in my old phone and the local odeon on wednesdays, might be a case of get one of these and sit it out until ICS launches with the nexus prime for a proper upgrade

Guest Anil k Solanki

I'm on holiday :0 not getting it anyway cause I'm loving my atrix n.n

"loving the atrix", but still in the Skate forum?;) I suppose you could have a phone in each hand. :)

Anil.

PS. Just to be clear, I'm taking the piss, and I hope the new job is going well.

Guest t0mm13b

gives ZTE a week to make the 2.6.35 kernel source available then.

Ha! Am personally, looking forward to see what mess did they make of this time, like with .32.9 :D

(There's plenty of gotchas in the .35 series, especially when the version bumps up over .35.9 :P)

Guest Simon O

apparently its in some orange shops to buy now for £149.99 + £10 topup

£159.99.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/orange-monte-carlo-zte-skate-149-99-10-top-up-instore-only-orange/990328

I really cannot confirm this. Stores in Nottingham are telling me they cannot sell the phone until next Friday but that chap on HUKD is saying he is picking one up tomorrow :s

Guest lstarsun

i am from the mainland of China, someplace far away from UK and the new SKATE...i hope some hearted guy can buy one for me...i will pay him through paypal or other way i can...thanks thanks thanks....

Guest DiodorOFF

i am from the mainland of China, someplace far away from UK and the new SKATE...i hope some hearted guy can buy one for me...i will pay him through paypal or other way i can...thanks thanks thanks....

You can buy it here: http://www.handtec.co.uk

or on ebay with international shipping

So it's available then? Anybody here bought one yet? Dumped the rom? £9.23 waiting to be paypal'd to the first person to dump & share this rom (boot.img & system.img from clockworkmod, or romdump, or something similar will be fine).

Edited by wbaw

Guest XiaoKai

So it's available then? Anybody here bought one yet? Dumped the rom? £4.60 waiting to be paypal'd to the first person to dump & share this rom (boot.img & system.img from clockworkmod, or romdump, or something similar will be fine).

No didnt buy it, he opend the box for me

i played with it tried it out.

but didnt buy because of lack of info on unlock codes and roms

Which store?

We can't start on any roms until there's a dump of the stock rom available to use. Hopefully unlocking is similar to the blade, maybe we could just replace phone.apk with an unlocked blade version, unless they locked it properly this time.

Somebody needs to be the first to buy one & dump it. I'm hoping it's similar enough to the blade that the roms are almost interchangeable (just copy a few phone specific files).

Edited by wbaw

Guest jonep

Just bought one

If anyone can provide me with an idiots guide to dumping Tom using UBUNTU I will

Well done ..

Which store did you find it at ?

Guest lordjubblydave

Found in Basildon Essex.

159.99 including top up.

Its pretty nice, quite nippy and I love the screen, Visionary did not work :(

Guest George223

Hey, when a way to unlock the phone does come out, were will it be posted.

I rang up local orange store today they have 2 in stock for 149 plus the 10 top up! will buy one as soon as theres a way to unlock it :D

Just bought one

If anyone can provide me with an idiots guide to dumping Tom using UBUNTU I will

Try romdump first. If romdump doesn't work ... then try rooting it with kallt kaffe's modified z4root, then use adb shell, or an android terminal emulator to enter the following command

tar -cvf /mnt/sdcard/system.tar /system/

Then copy system.tar off your sdcard.

Or you could try using a gen2 zte blade version of clockworkmod.

Edited by wbaw

Guest sej7278

Romdump = "requested url not found"

Z4root does not work

i've mirrored romdump and oneclickromdump here temporarily as they both seem to be down at the moment.