Cannot lock when 3G and app is running

Guest dpjanda

Guest dpjanda

This is driving me up the wall!

On #42 and all is well. However, just noticed today that I cannot lock the phone when the two are true:

1) 3G connection enabled

and ...

2) App (such as TuneIn, tTorrent) is using said 3G connection.

When I say I cannot lock the phone, I can, but a press of any of the three buttons will wake the screen up - which is not what I want.

I realise that I cannot have the phone sleep - as I am running an app, but I do want to be able to use a 3G app and "lock" the screen, only to be turned on when I press the power button.

Have gone through all the settings, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest flshg

This is driving me up the wall!

On #42 and all is well. However, just noticed today that I cannot lock the phone when the two are true:

1) 3G connection enabled

and ...

2) App (such as TuneIn, tTorrent) is using said 3G connection.

When I say I cannot lock the phone, I can, but a press of any of the three buttons will wake the screen up - which is not what I want.

I realise that I cannot have the phone sleep - as I am running an app, but I do want to be able to use a 3G app and "lock" the screen, only to be turned on when I press the power button.

Have gone through all the settings, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

That would not be possible on the blade, as the phone would need to be fully asleep (so that it can only be switched on using power button) but that would mean no 3g data transfer.