291 replies to this topic

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig

Why do you "have" to update the superuser...? Unless you have it on auto update then that should not apply. As I have not used this for the Skate (I use a custom ROM) I would not know if the latest SU causes issues with the Skate when and if the binaries are updated from the market. It used to cause a problem with people losing root access with the blade during one of the SU updates, when the binaries were updated.

Mine is using version 3.0.7 (41) and looking at the log everything which requires SU access has been granted and remains so when rebooted.

Because if I don't I keep getting this annoying popup saying to update, and if I choose the option to hide it it just comes back on next boot. It is something to do with the system making a fresh new superboot folder on each boot in the root of the device, thus resetting everything. I may just go back to non root for now as it's massively irritating.

EDIT: Fixed it by re-flashing the stock boot.img from the unbranded 2.3.5 ROM I am using, now no more legacy superboot folder creation on boot, yet root and all values/permissions have been kept.

This device is making me learn new things fast :lol:.

Edited by Atomix86, 09 December 2011 - 01:14 PM.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

King Mustard

King Mustard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
The root appeared to run successfully but now I'm stuck in an Android logo loop.

Holding volume down whilst powered just goes to FTM mode.

Any ideas?

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

The root appeared to run successfully but now I'm stuck in an Android logo loop.

Holding volume down whilst powered just goes to FTM mode.

Any ideas?

If you can get to FTM mode, I would suggest you reflash the stock rom of your choice and redo the rooting.

King Mustard

King Mustard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

If you can get to FTM mode, I would suggest you reflash the stock rom of your choice and redo the rooting.

How?

I have ran FTM_flash_tools but I get an error message:

"is a ATAPI device, we don't detect it

Edited by King Mustard, 11 December 2011 - 09:33 PM.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

How?

I have ran FTM_flash_tools but I get an error message:

"is a ATAPI device, we don't detect it

By using the zte offline updater tool. Check the stock roms thread its in their somewhere.

King Mustard

King Mustard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

By using the zte offline updater tool. Check the stock roms thread its in their somewhere.

Do you mean "FTM_flash_tools"?

If so, that's what producing the "is a ATAPI device, we don't detect it" message.

sampler007

sampler007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc touch
Noob alert !!!
Help Please.
I have messed up somewhere and now when connecting OMC to computer I only get Handset ADB interface in Device Manager. I tried uninstalling and updating driver but this does not work. OMC not appearing in my computer either. Any tips?
Thanks in advance.

MiiMuu

MiiMuu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
Please could someone help a rookie..

I follow the instruction but know is my phone stucked at the android logo and nothing more happens? android text flashes sometimes but nothing more happens

What have I done wrong? Please could someone help me

Edited by MiiMuu, 18 December 2011 - 10:43 AM.

Raynox

Raynox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Monte Carlo
Hello guys,

I've rooted my montecarlo and now I don't have wifi... No wifi network appears on the droid and when I try to enable Wifi it just says error..

I've first used T3 root and after dealing with alot of <waiting for device> I finaly grabbed some working drivers for Windows 7 and rooted again with Superboot.

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

Best Regads.

PS: I've noticed both files nv4319.txt and nv4329.txt had the macaddr:11:22:33:44:55:66. I used Root Explorer app to grantme su permissions so I can edit them and change to the original mac address of my droid. Anyway still no go as when I try to activate the wi-fi option I get a rapid message saying "Activating" and in just a split second I get "Error". I can't get a macaddress in my phone settings, it says "not available".

Edited by Raynox, 21 December 2011 - 12:30 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Just reflash your stock boot.img. This will correct your wifi problem and the superuser that was already installed by superboot remains in the system.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

mamen2022

mamen2022

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Just reflash your stock boot.img. This will correct your wifi problem and the superuser that was already installed by superboot remains in the system.

Hi,

I have exactaly the same problem, no wireless.. How do I reflash the stock boot.img??

Edited by mamen2022, 23 December 2011 - 09:21 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8

Hi,

I have exactaly the same problem, no wireless.. How do I reflash the stock boot.img??

The same way as you flashed the superboot. But using the original boot.img from your STOCK backup.

If you don't have your own backup, search in the forum. There is a topic with stock roms.

I have also made a special TPT image containing generic ZTE Skate stock rom with Android 2.3.5 - rooted + ClockWorkMod already in there.

So if you are not able to move further this would be the easiest way to sort it out.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi MI-2s 32GB

Hi,

There is a part on flashing stock/separate partitions in my tutorial, its in my signature.

Just skip to part 8.

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 25 December 2011 - 02:22 PM.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Cscratchy

Cscratchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire

Introducing.... Superboot - root access for your ZTE Skate / Orange Monte Carlo! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Before download, you need to check your device 'about' screen to determine which superboot version you need.

• Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 24866507d5b2819a2369f69a5783882d
The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device.

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Ensure USB debugging is enabled in 'Settings -> Development' and that, if on Windows, you have installed any requested drivers
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by 'sudo ./install-superboot-linux.sh'

That's it! Enjoy! ;)

P

Hi is this compatible with clockworkmod? I have installed clockworkmod and subsequently installed superboot. Now my Monte is stuck with flashing "android" splash screen. Could this be a compatiblity issue? Also, my Monte is a P743T B01 it was my understanding that this version of the superboot was compatible. If not where can I find the correct one.

Regards,
Cscratchy

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Hi is this compatible with clockworkmod? I have installed clockworkmod and subsequently installed superboot. Now my Monte is stuck with flashing "android" splash screen. Could this be a compatiblity issue? Also, my Monte is a P743T B01 it was my understanding that this version of the superboot was compatible. If not where can I find the correct one.

Regards,
Cscratchy

Just follow part 4.
http://android.modac...-for-beginners/

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 27 December 2011 - 12:14 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Cscratchy

Cscratchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire

Just follow part 4.
http://android.modac...-for-beginners/

Thanks mate,

Don't like using Windows normally for rooting and unlocking much prefer Linux/Ubuntu. Borrowed eldest sons' laptop Win7 and manually updated to adb drivers as per the thread you linked.

Also used the Volume-/Home combo once the cmd screen moved to waiting on device.

Regards,
Cscratchy

murf95

murf95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:orange san fransisco
Hi folks, i get as far as pressing" install superboot windows" but all i get is "waiting for device" help please.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Hi folks, i get as far as pressing" install superboot windows" but all i get is "waiting for device" help please.

Read my turorial. its all in there... Its with pictures and everything.

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 28 December 2011 - 01:29 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

WallyUK

WallyUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hi Guys,

On Windows 7 here and trying to install drivers from google-usb_driver.zip (taken from here) except it encounters an error while trying to install Android Bootloader Interface? Can anyone point me to right drivers to install?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Hi Guys,

On Windows 7 here and trying to install drivers from google-usb_driver.zip (taken from here) except it encounters an error while trying to install Android Bootloader Interface? Can anyone point me to right drivers to install?

There is a search button at the right side of the forum. You could try and type the word driver there and then the first result would be:

http://android.modac..._1#entry1874501

I did it for you ;)

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 29 December 2011 - 09:16 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users