1-click Recovery Flasher (LG GT540)

Guest adlx

Upon request from an LG GT540 user (Liam W), I'm adding support for the GT540 (switft) to my 1-click Recovery Flasher.

If anyone is willing to test and report sucess/failure, you can download the app for free on the Market:

1-click Recovery Flasher

For those wondering how it works, here is a review of the app working on a Motorola Cliq, thanks to CliqAnDroid:

For now, the app will offer to flash the following recoveries:

- CWM Recovery 4.0.1.4

- Amon_RA 2.2.1

- CWM Recovery 3.0.2.4

- Amon_RA 1.7.0.1

My app also support the following devices (as the time of writing this post):

- Motorola MB200: Cliq & Dext

- Motorola MB300: Backflip

- Motorola MB501: CliqXT & Quench

- HTC Glacier / MT4g

- LG GT540 Optimus (swift)

Btw, if you know other devices who could benefit from my app, PM me with:

- build.prop file from the phone,

- link to the most relevant recovery.img you know for the phone with name and version for each or better a link to a thread.

- if the recoveries aren't flashed using flash_image, please tell me the exact command that has to be used (from the phone, not from fastboot/adb).

Edited by adlx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carlrg

Hi Alexandre. Thanks for your hard work but it does not work on my rooted GT540 with official LG V20b 2.1, update 1 Firmware with 2.6.29 Kernal. Tried all 3 available flash files (CWM 4.0.1.4 - CWM 3.0.1.4 and Amon-RA 2.2.1) numerous times and just says Failed every time. Have updated Superuser and still no luck. Thanks very much Carl.

Edited by Carlrg

Ok, could you check if there is a file called flash_image in your phone's /system/bin or /system/xbin?

I suspect this file can be missing in official roms.

Btw, sorry for the trouble :/. I'll try to solve this.

Edited by adlx

Guest Carlrg

Ok, could you check if there is a file called flash_image in your phone's /system/bin or /system/xbin?

I suspect this file can be missing in official roms.

Btw, sorry for the trouble :/. I'll try to solve this.

Hi thanks for your reply. You are correct Alexandre the file is not found in either. Carl.

Edited by Carlrg

Guest liamwilli2

Upon request from an LG GT540 user (Liam W), I'm adding support for the GT540 (switft) to my 1-click Recovery Flasher.

If anyone is willing to test and report sucess/failure, you can download the app for free on the Market:

1-click Recovery Flasher

For those wondering how it works, here is a review of the app working on a Motorola Cliq, thanks to CliqAnDroid:

For now, the app will offer to flash the following recoveries:

- CWM Recovery 4.0.1.4

- Amon_RA 2.2.1

- CWM Recovery 3.0.2.4

- Amon_RA 1.7.0.1

My app also support the following devices (as the time of writing this post):

- Motorola MB200: Cliq & Dext

- Motorola MB300: Backflip

- Motorola MB501: CliqXT & Quench

- HTC Glacier / MT4g

- LG GT540 Optimus (swift)

Btw, if you know other devices who could benefit from my app, PM me with:

- build.prop file from the phone,

- link to the most relevant recovery.img you know for the phone with name and version for each or better a link to a thread.

- if the recoveries aren't flashed using flash_image, please tell me the exact command that has to be used (from the phone, not from fastboot/adb).

Hi Alexandre. Thanks for your hard work but it does not work on my rooted GT540 with official LG V20b 2.1, update 1 Firmware with 2.6.29 Kernal. Tried all 3 available flash files (CWM 4.0.1.4 - CWM 3.0.1.4 and Amon-RA 2.2.1) numerous times and just says Failed every time. Have updated Superuser and still no luck. Thanks very much Carl.

Hi! I'm Liam W!

This won't work on official gt540 roms as they lack a recovery partition!

Guest Carlrg

Hi! I'm Liam W!

Thanks for the info Liam. May save Alexandra from wasting his time. Best regards, Carl.

Edited by Carlrg

Hi! I'm Liam W!

You mean it wouldn't work even if I provide the flash_image within my app? I mean, even if there is no stock recovery with stock roms, do you mean there is no partition for it?? The recovery partition is created after/during flashing a custom rom?? (Excuse my ignorance, I'm not familiar with LG phones myself).

Wouldn't hurt to try anyway (for example, put the flash_image file in /system/bin for example and run my app on a stock rom), would it?

Could you please run the following commands on this phone, preferably on a stock rom:

cat /proc/mtd

cat /proc/mounts

and paste here the output?

Thanks in advance,

Adlx

Guest Carlrg

You mean it wouldn't work even if I provide the flash_image within my app? I mean, even if there is no stock recovery with stock roms, do you mean there is no partition for it?? The recovery partition is created after/during flashing a custom rom?? (Excuse my ignorance, I'm not familiar with LG phones myself).

Wouldn't hurt to try anyway (for example, put the flash_image file in /system/bin for example and run my app on a stock rom), would it?

Could you please run the following commands on this phone, preferably on a stock rom:

cat /proc/mtd

cat /proc/mounts

Thanks in advance,

Adlx

cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erase size name

mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd1: 04000000 00020000 "cash"

mtd2: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd3: 00060000 00020000 "splash"

mtd4: 0f500000 00020000 "system"

mtd5: 002c0000 00020000 "lgdrm"

mtd6: 08b80000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 00080000 00020000 "usd"

mtd8: 005a0000 00020000 "pkg"

mtd9: 1cfc0000 00020000 ""

Guest Carlrg

cat /proc/mtd

cat /proc/mounts

Thanks in advance,

Adlx

cat /proc/mounts

rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0

tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0

proc /proc proc rw 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock1 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0

tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock4 /system yaffs2 ro 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock5 /lgdrm yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0

/dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

This was typed off Terminal Emulator so i hope its right. Thanks Carl.

Edited by Carlrg

Guest Carlrg

Thanks Carlrg,

would you mind doing also:

ls -l /dev/mtd/mtd2

Would you mind trying now to flash any of the recoveries from my app?

Thanks

Sorry 4 the late reply had to go to bed.

ls -l /dev/mtd/mtd2

crw------- root root 90, 4 2011-08-26 10:52 mtd2

When i flash any of the 3 files it says (FLASHED OK) but when i ask it to (reboot into recovery) the phone just start up and reboots with the LG logo normally. Very best regards, Carl.

Edited by Carlrg

That sounds good. I guess the recovery has been flashed correctly. It's probably an issue with the command I use in the reboot button that do not work on that phone...

Do you know any key combination to power the phone and boot into recovery?

Maybe try to run:

adb reboot recovery

Thanks for your help btw :)

Guest Carlrg

That sounds good. I guess the recovery has been flashed correctly. It's probably an issue with the command I use in the reboot button that do not work on that phone...

Do you know any key combination to power the phone and boot into recovery?

Maybe try to run:

adb reboot recovery

Thanks for your help btw :)

I will search around and find the key combinations to try to reboot manually. I have been using terminal emulator and am trying to get ADB working on my XP windows pc. Can i use Terminal to try to reboot into recovery. BTW thanks to you to try to get this app working it`s very much appreciated. Carl.

Tried to reboot recovery through terminal and says operation not permitted.!

Edited by Carlrg

Guest liamwilli2

In my experience, it has been impossible to flash recovery on stock roms for this phone.

To get into recovery you need to hold home and power.

Doing this on stock roms goes into safe mode, which blocks non system apps.

Stock roms may have a recovery partition, but you can't boot into it.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Guest Carlrg

In my experience, it has been impossible to flash recovery on stock roms for this phone.

To get into recovery you need to hold home and power.

Doing this on stock roms goes into safe mode, which blocks non system apps.

Stock roms may have a recovery partition, but you can't boot into it.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Rebooting with power and home does not get me into recovery or even safe mode on this phone!. Very strange!

Thanks anyway Liam.

Guest Carlrg

Rebooting with power and home does not get me into recovery or even safe mode on this phone!. Very strange!

Thanks anyway Liam.

Just to let you know Alexandra that I installed an open fastboot Rom with kdz updater and this app of yours flashed cwm first time. I hoped it would have worked on my stock Rom as I wanted to save it in case of warranty problems but not to worry. Many thanks for your time and very best regards, Carl.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...