45 replies to this topic

jackal-sk

jackal-sk

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

The system "theme" in CM7 is not packaged as a self-contained apk file, which would be needed to cook a derived theme compatible with Theme Chooser. However, I have baked the following using the same method as for non-CM7 ROMs (by modifying SystemUI and framework-res). This works, but a significant side effect is that the circle battery is then fixed as the system battery icon. This means that any other theme you may apply in Theme Chooser will also have the circle battery icon, unless the theme explicitly overrides it with its own battery icons. For example, Cyanbread will display this green battery icon and it looks a bit odd when everything else is cyan. The original battery icon can be restored easily, though, just by reflashing the CM7 ROM.

If you are OK with the above then you can install the zip below. Use ClockworkMod as usual, reboot and the circle battery will be there - no need to play with Theme Chooser.

Note: because this mod replaces some system files it should only be applied to CM7.1.0 stable (and possibly to later nightlies or other derived ROMs that have not changed framework-res.apk or SystemUI.apk).

MD5: 44198377fd9cc5b1a74af29056710e11

I applied this to current n241 build, the battery indicator got bugged together with Power Menu, turn off option vanished and other options are random strings. Probably systemui.apk has changed. Do I need to calibrate the battery again after reflashing the n241 back (+dalvik, cache wipe)?

Edit:
Also, can anyone make this version of white circle mod for current system theme ? I love it but can't use it :<

Edited by jackal-sk, 03 November 2011 - 12:18 AM.

CURRENT: ZTE Grand X IN
PAST: Palm m500, m505, Zire 71, Zire 72, Mio P500, Samsung Omnia II, HTC Wildfire/Buzz, ZTE Blade

nrev

nrev

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

I applied this to current n241 build, the battery indicator got bugged together with Power Menu, turn off option vanished and other options are random strings. Probably systemui.apk has changed. Do I need to calibrate the battery again after reflashing the n241 back (+dalvik, cache wipe)?

Edit:
Also, can anyone make this version of white circle mod for current system theme ? I love it but can't use it :<

Both framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk have changed since 7.1.0 stable so the system theme mods in posts #32-35 are not compatible with the nightly builds.

You can get back to where you were before applying the mod simply by reflashing n241 again. No need to wipe anything - see A1 in the FAQ in post #1.

I wasn't planning on updating the system theme mods for every CM7 nightly build. As an alternative you can use the Androidian theme mod to be applied with theme chooser (posts #26-29) which should be compatible with all versions of CM7, but if you want a system theme circle battery mod for the various nightlies you can easily build your own in UOT kitchen - see the A2b in the FAQ in post #1 for instructions and hints on how to use the colours and other settings from the themes/mods in this thread.

I hope the FAQ helps. If there is anything missing please shout. If you make something for n241 that works please post it to save everyone from needing to do the same - especially as the kitchen is massively over subscribed these days.

Edited by nrev, 03 November 2011 - 01:29 AM.

jackal-sk

jackal-sk

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Thank you m8! Will do.

PAST: Palm m500, m505, Zire 71, Zire 72, Mio P500, Samsung Omnia II, HTC Wildfire/Buzz, ZTE Blade

jackal-sk

jackal-sk

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I've uploaded framework-res, systemui from the latest burstlam's rom update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip also extracted settings.uot from GSF-thin-circle-battery-new-colours-white-numbers.zip and after UOT finished, flashed the zip.

The battery bar is now broken only some green bits are displayed. Can anyone advise what might be rong ?

Edit:

It works now after changing Battery status style to Default :).

Edited by jackal-sk, 10 December 2011 - 09:23 PM.

Per Åkesson

Per Åkesson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Documenting software.
  • Devices:Moldovan 6 and Elite Blade 2
I used your battery circle mot with old GSF 2.3.4 and it works great. Can you make it work for new GSF 2.3.5?

New GSF

best regards

Using circle battery mod and ZTE dialer where I see contacts in groups.

nrev

nrev

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

I used your battery circle mot with old GSF 2.3.4 and it works great. Can you make it work for new GSF 2.3.5?

Take a look here: GSF r3 circle battery mods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users