19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Flashed a kitchen ROM last night. Now you've fixed it with the screenshot app and Google calendar do I need to bake a whole new ROM and flash it over?

It's the easiest way...

P

One more thing : Google movie application doesn't work, it isn't able to preview and buy movie. Maybe it's becouse of the country.

It's US only for movies.

P

Guest Androidlover287

Will this new kernal be included as part of the ROM? or will it be a odin flash?, is will ROM Manager/CWM work with this? (i hope so)

Ok Guys...i need some help here...please....i am coming from Litening ROM and wiped and flashed MCR Gr1 via CWM....upon reboot i realized i had no signal from my network, and my baseband is now unknown....can anybody help????

Guest Androidlover287

Ok Guys...i need some help here...please....i am coming from Litening ROM and wiped and flashed MCR Gr1 via CWM....upon reboot i realized i had no signal from my network, and my baseband is now unknown....can anybody help????

I am a complete noobie, but i i could suggest is to try and reflash it again, as it seems to me that something went wrong.

Good luck.

.tried reflashing...tried other roms..same thing...currently reading up on EFS and the likes...really wish someone would point me in the right direction..but thanks anyway

Guest Androidlover287

.tried reflashing...tried other roms..same thing...currently reading up on EFS and the likes...really wish someone would point me in the right direction..but thanks anyway

I'm sorry if this doesn't help or anything, but try this: http://androidadvices.com/update-samsung-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-xxkg6-gingerbread-234-firmware/

It will give you a new baseband version.

Hope this help, good lucj

P.s, I do NOT take any responsibility for any damage to your phone, Proceed at your own risk.

Guest enterusername

Think there is something wrong with thile baseband in this rom. Had to reboot several times to get the phone to work. It works sometimes when reboot. Then the next time it reboots it doesnt work.

Flash a new radio via ODIN, or grab modem.bin from the MCR zip and flash it using 'dd' (if you are comfortable doing so).

Also try re-baking and flashing again.

P

Sometimes get disk full message with market when my disk has lots free

I saw this a couple of times on stock KG6, but i've yet to see it on this ROM?

P

Will this new kernal be included as part of the ROM? or will it be a odin flash?, is will ROM Manager/CWM work with this? (i hope so)

It will be, it will be CWM flash rather than ODIN, and should work with RM / CWM.

P

Guest TheMathMan

No baseband issues here luckily. Oh... and CRT animation is blocky like on a lot of other ROMs. Thought someone had found a fix for it?

Edited by TheMathMan

Guest ratcom

No luck...

when you dial *#06# into the dialer do you get an imei number back ? if so your ok and will be able to fix it however if you get nothing back or 0000's then unless you have a backup of the efs folder its samsung repair center :(

see here for more details.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1068193

BTW - this is not rom related, the folder question never gets flashed by any rom however it can become corrupted at random.

Guest Charles Azzopardi

I'm getting a:

The application camera (process com.sec.android.app.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

error. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I re-wiped and reinstalled everthing and it seems to be working now.

Edited by Charles Azzopardi

when you dial *#06# into the dialer do you get an imei number back ? if so your ok and will be able to fix it however if you get nothing back or 0000's then unless you have a backup of the efs folder its samsung repair center :(

see here for more details.... http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1068193

BTW - this is not rom related, the folder question never gets flashed by any rom however it can become corrupted at random.

Sadly...it returns a blank sad.gif...a friend of mine gave me a copy of his entire EFS folder...with the NV_Data.bin file...can something in there help?

Flash a new radio via ODIN, or grab modem.bin from the MCR zip and flash it using 'dd' (if you are comfortable doing so).

Also try re-baking and flashing again.

P

what is "dd?"

Guest David Aitken

Would be pretty cool to have a mod to change the power button into a shutter button when in the camera app.. Is that possible Paul?

K

CM7 does just that, must be possible with Sammy's camera app?

Guest Pakatus

OK. A search with root explorer can't find bools.xml

Pull framework-res.apk and decompile it.

Inside /res/values there's a bools.xml

Edited by Pakatus