sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
delete

Edited by sej7278, 06 September 2011 - 09:51 AM.

agpoli

agpoli

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

This is what's wrong with open source. Someone is actually doing something other than bundling GSF with a theme and some apps and people are jumping down their throat for not having the sources available.
FFS these are people doing it as a hobby where the end result might benefit us greatly. Ask nicely, then wait patiently, don't get all GPL on their asses within 2 minutes of the first ask and discourage them.

So true!

I need to find some time to try this ROM it looks promising.

ZTR

ZTR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S i9000,Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Zakitheracer
BTW which file should i download coz there are 2 files with gingerblade name? :huh:

Posted Image

ROM:CM10.1 KonstaKANG 24/07/13
Recovery:CWM 6.0.2.7

tboldi

tboldi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

BTW which file should i download coz there are 2 files with gingerblade name? :huh:

Posted Image

The latest one (gingerblade0909). 0909 means the date. ;)

joestone

joestone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
This is the coming version. I have problem with camera preview . It seems that it takes the picture , but there is no preview (blank screen) , and recording is also the same .It seems that the sensors are working without calibration . ( I did not do a wipe just boot the new kernel and they were never calibrated, I've got the same measured values as with the .32 kernel) . USB works, tethering works , BT starts , but pairing not works . At this time this just a test version of the kernel .

The board driver (board-zte-blade.c) is from Burstlam (Thanks for it !) Missing files are from codeaurora. The kernel sources downloadable from the download link in first post. In the configs there is a blade_defconfig which is my current config. It is VMSPLIT2G .

Attached Files

Edited by joestone, 13 September 2011 - 12:47 AM.

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

This is what's wrong with open source. Someone is actually doing something other than bundling GSF with a theme and some apps and people are jumping down their throat for not having the sources available.
FFS these are people doing it as a hobby where the end result might benefit us greatly. Ask nicely, then wait patiently, don't get all GPL on their asses within 2 minutes of the first ask and discourage them.

It's either open source or not. If no source code is available for it, then it's clearly not. That's fine with most of Android, because it's Apache or a similar type of license, so it's worthless to the community, but ok legally. If the kernel is modified & redistributed then we need the source code for that, because it's GPL & that's part of the software license.

Anyway, good job joestone your rom looks good, glad you've let us know about the kernel source. I hope you'll set up a github for the rest.

Edited by wbaw, 13 September 2011 - 01:00 AM.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Devices:Hudl 2, Blade V

It's either open source or not. If no source code is available for it, then it's clearly not. That's fine with most of Android, because it's Apache or a similar type of license, so it's worthless to the community, but ok legally. If the kernel is modified & redistributed then we need the source code for that, because it's GPL & that's part of the software license.

Anyway, good job joestone your rom looks good, glad you've let us know about the kernel source. I hope you'll set up a github for the rest.

My point was more that it's unnecessary to jump down his throat so viciously an hour after someone originally requested the source.
Someone pointed out the source isn't there at 11am. At 11:30 he says it's not and, IMO, kindly offers to explain how to recreate them. He might not have realised the source was required or might have figured no-one cared. Either way I don't think the response he got half an hour later from another party was at all justified. In fact, I think *that* response was the only disgrace to the community in this thread.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

agpoli

agpoli

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

My point was more that it's unnecessary to jump down his throat so viciously an hour after someone originally requested the source.
Someone pointed out the source isn't there at 11am. At 11:30 he says it's not and, IMO, kindly offers to explain how to recreate them. He might not have realised the source was required or might have figured no-one cared. Either way I don't think the response he got half an hour later from another party was at all justified. In fact, I think *that* response was the only disgrace to the community in this thread.

Unfortunately after "*that* response" he made it clear on another forum, that he won't release any further versions of his ROM.
He made it for himself to learn, to have fun, to get more experience with android, nothing else.

Such a loss :(

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Devices:Hudl 2, Blade V
Well actually this thread was bumped today because he was posting screenshots of a new version so I guess it's all in the past now. Sorry for derailing it with bad memories! Looking forward to the new version. :)

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

Phoenix Silver

Phoenix Silver

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp
Imagine if everyone would do like the op : not share the code.
No CM7 developped no nice customs ROMS and so one.

Btw camera works in my AOSP rom if you want to see the source in my github.

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

jaimet

jaimet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi everyone.

I love this ROM (gingerblade0909.zip), but I have a small problem with bluetooth. I can connect and use bluetooth headsets, but the audio quality in the headset is bad (it is "choppy"). Is there anything that I could do improve the audio quality to my bluetooth headsets? (I've tried two different headsets and the problem is the same in both).

Thank you, joestone, for making this ROM - I really appreciate it.

Jaime

Monfro

Monfro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
This is an interesting project.
Now that we have the new kernel it should improve a lot.
The wifi bug is fixed and also overall performances are better with new kernel.

Thank you to joestone for this rom!!!
I hope you will release a new version with kernel and other updates from CM.

jaimet

jaimet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I love this ROM (gingerblade0909.zip), but I have a small problem with bluetooth. I can connect and use bluetooth headsets, but the audio quality in the headset is bad (it is "choppy").

I've just spent a couple of hours trying this ROM out and the bluetooth audio quality has improved without me changing anything. Thank you again, joestone - this ROM is now my new favourite. :-)

jaimet

jaimet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Thank you again, joestone - this ROM is now my new favourite. :-)

Oops - I spoke too soon - the GPS can't see a single satellite. In fact, there's no GPS icon in the status-bar when I use "GPS Status" to see what's happening. (and yes, I do have "Use GPS Satellites" switched on in Settings/Location and security settings).

Does anyone else have this same problem or any ideas as to how I might fix it?

Thanks again.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

:huh:

You are in violation of GPL.

Simple, crystal clear.

Your post reeks of condescending tone and crass arrogance, that reply is something else especially the very first part of that sentence emphasized for you in the opening sentence. My! You have some nerve and cheek to say that!

Secondly, the second underlined sentence - that's absolute s**t!

You are implying to everyone - that they are stupid or something, or that they cannot compile?

You sir, are an absolute disgrace to the modaco community and for violating the very essence and spirit, the philosophy and meaning of open-source!

You are such a hipocrite

and should.

"show a bit more appreciation for the time the OP took to develop it instead of expecting a handout for nothing!"

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

You are such a hipocrite

and should.

"show a bit more appreciation for the time the OP took to develop it instead of expecting a handout for nothing!"

I don't owe that explanation to anyone including yourself - simple!

Never used it, never flashed it, in fact, before you jump down on my throats on this matter, you have not read the entire thread - the guy published a rom with no sources which was a violation of the GPL - that was what that was about - and in fact, you clearly have nothing better to do instead and dig up old threads to throw in my face - you are a troll! Love to throw crap in others faces... head on over to the likes of 4chan where you clearly belong!

Understood?

Leave it at that and the matter has been dealt with personally between the moderator and myself.

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Never used it, never flashed it, in fact, before you jump down on my throats on this matter, you have not read the entire thread - the guy published a rom with no sources which was a violation of the GPL - that was what that was about - and in fact, you clearly have nothing better to do instead and dig up old threads to throw in my face - you are a troll! Love to throw crap in others faces... head on over to the likes of 4chan where you clearly belong!

Understood?

Leave it at that and the matter has been dealt with personally between the moderator and myself.

Android is Apache licensed, therefore this kind of thing is 100% acceptable & it's absolutely no different to sam's post that you complained about.

The kernel is GPL & he posted the source for that.

Dieca

Dieca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE - Orange SF - 2.2
Hi

Gen1 or Gen2 - rom?

Thanks for your reply

the_crevis

the_crevis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, ZTE Crescent
  • Twitter:@the_crevis

Hi

Gen1 or Gen2 - rom?

Thanks for your reply

Its gen2

LG Nexus 4 (daily driver) - CM10.2
ZTE Crescent (backup) - CM9
ZTE Blade - Deceased
If I helped you at all then remember to hit that green up arrow! Posted Image

fp30

fp30

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Understood?

maybe you should read up a little before you rant. Clearly you dont know what youre talking about and you havent read the whole thread because its been mentioned that ONLY the kernel source needs to be made publicly available and since the OP has said he hasnt made any changes to that he doesnt need to share. Nuff said. chill out and use another ROM if you dont agree with him not sharing ROM modifications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users