I honestly believe that I have TWO bricked vega's

Guest jimmo1990

Guest ursulavasey

Was reading this saga last night in bed, on my Vega, and I have to say I am amazed a cable could cause such an issue, but glad it's all sorted now. :D

Perhaps you should confiscate your sons Vega as payment ;)

Glad it's all sorted, and it adds more weight to the argument that the Vega is truly unbrickable.

Guest jimmo1990

Aye the Vega keeps a clean sheet, unfortunately my son doesn't keep a clean room or I wouldn't have been here in the first place, but increasing your knowledge is never a bad thing, and as niether device was mine I had a much lower stress level than him ;-)

I've flashed and done mods to all sort of devices and never bricked any of them, although I've had them in states where others have said they are bricks... so hope springs eternal, hard to brick things without actually physically breaking them.

Update: Vegacomb now running just testing it out, but it looks good on 1st viewing.

Guest xathras

Aye the Vega keeps a clean sheet, unfortunately my son doesn't keep a clean room or I wouldn't have been here in the first place, but increasing your knowledge is never a bad thing, and as niether device was mine I had a much lower stress level than him ;-)

I've flashed and done mods to all sort of devices and never bricked any of them, although I've had them in states where others have said they are bricks... so hope springs eternal, hard to brick things without actually physically breaking them.

Update: Vegacomb now running just testing it out, but it looks good on 1st viewing.

Geek that I am; I actually caught myself singing "Unbrickable, that's what you are" to my Vega (to the tune of "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole)!

Edited by xathras

Guest simonta

Geek that I am; I actually caught myself singing "Unbrickable, that's what you are" to my Vega (to the tune of "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole)!

Thanks for the smile. I needed that today....

Guest derffie

WOW.........

quite a read this post, a real gripping read, makes Dan Brown look like crap (ok, that don't take much) Haven't had anything of use to add I'm afraid, so I wait till the issues are solved to chirp up and say well done, Perseverance and patience seem to be two of your strong skills!

Guest rvdgeer

Well here's the story, it seems that both USB leads were lost and unknown to me I was using a £3.00 USB lead V1.1. So today I popped to the shop grabbed a replacement (with power spur) V2.0 USB lead a hey presto we have a working tablet on the modded stock ROM.

So thanks for all the advice and kind offers of help, I didn't really know anything about these tablets till Friday and now I think I'd like to own 1 myself :P

Thanks again folks

The moral of the story: Find out the real story, never use cheap cables, and kids keep your bedrooms tidy or you can make your dad bald with stress.

Gonna give vegacomb a try now :-)

Would you please consider changing this threads title to state it truly is unbrickable?

;)