[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 5

Guest il_cholo

Guest rebeldx

I have a problem

I was running test 44 ........ flashed V2 no probs at all, went into recovery from V2, installed 3.2 zip from SDcard but it wont load up, basically all im getting is what appears 2 b constant restarting

The screen lights up, the back light remains on for about a minute, then the screen goes off ......... if the USB is connected 2 my laptop, i get the alerts when light comes on n when light goes off, but nothing happens, i dont even get to the splash screen

I have tried 3 times so far, including re-downloading from an alternative mirror, but each time the exact thing happens

Am i doing something wrong? n if so what is it?? lol

copied from my post on tabletroms (mainly cos im stumped)

Guest leemain88

question.... i am running vegacomb 1.7 which i had to flash modstock before installing... do i need to re flash back to modstock to install 3.2 or just boot into CWM, clear data and install zip ???? cheers

Guest BillyBobJoe

really enjoying the speed dpi does seem a bit strange I've even knocked it down to 120 and still seems a bit strange.

be warned that you will find that some apps wont be comfortable with the 120 setting, i know i liked the look too. this is why we ended up with 160. i know some have moved to 140 but could say how succesful this is. give it a try and let every know your experiences.

billy..

Guest BillyBobJoe

question.... i am running vegacomb 1.7 which i had to flash modstock before installing... do i need to re flash back to modstock to install 3.2 or just boot into CWM, clear data and install zip ???? cheers

very much recomended that you re-flash modded stock and do a complete wipe before you install ROM.

Billy..

Guest gazza0210

I have to say guys, I just put this Rom on my Vega and am pretty blown away. This is one legendary Rom. It makes the Vega run silky smooth and visually looks stunning.

Thanks guys.

Guest Geishaboi

A bit freaked by 120dpi... changing it to 120dpi makes the launcher not fit properly in the vertical direction....

BUT...

screw it, 120dpi is ok when you get used to it, and my god it's so goddam beautifully smooth... having played with the Xoom today in HMV I gotta say I think vegacomb is smoother....

Amazing work.

Finally it's as slick as my iPad, something that has bugged me for ages...

Guest ViPaSoft

It is excellent, and very nice and smooth, but 160dpi is too big for me. Only about 30 apps on the screen and widgets, like Beautiful Widgets Large Clock, take up almost all the screen where as on Corvus5 for example, it takes up only a quarter.

Perfect rom if you don't like using widgets.

Also...some of the apps I already bought, (example: Titanium Backup Pro licence), it says I never bought it and I have to buy again.

One thing I will say is that it IS AN AMAZING PIECE OF WORK and you guys put a lot of effort into it, but at the moment, it's not for me I don't think. The 160dpi does it for me I'm afraid.

Edited by ViPaSoft

Guest don_theo

Thank you all for your hard work. Really appreciate what you have done for Vegas owners.

I will flash soon and post my comments (if any).

Once more thank you for all the effort to all. :D

Guest a2themfk

Yeah a big thanks to anyone involved in this !!

just updated to this and it pritty slick to say the least, saying that im having trouble getting into USB host mode. Is there a different procedure from 3.0 ?

Cheers D

Guest xathras

Also...some of the apps I already bought, (example: Titanium Backup Pro licence), it says I never bought it and I have to buy again.

This may not apply to everybody. I've had no problem reloading my paid apps.

Guest tezray

It's rapid and keyboard works well. But kindle app doesn't work only thing I use it for really but hopefully it will in future releases. Think the sound is a bit low too. Great work thanks very much this is the reason I bought the vega for a good price honeycomb tablet.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Guest WWEpsp

Yeah a big thanks to anyone involved in this !!

just updated to this and it pritty slick to say the least, saying that im having trouble getting into USB host mode. Is there a different procedure from 3.0 ?

Cheers D

me too... on vegacomb 1.7 its was like previous 2.2 ROMs but know its just seems not to work.

Its a great ROM, its of course the best ROM (in my opinion) because of been honeycomb and because is fast.

2 things:

1-160 dpi sucks :( , anyway on getting some less dpi but still good screen adjust?

2- USB host mode COME BAAAACKK LOL¡'

Guest ursulavasey

I've downloaded it and it is silky smooth. I have added Flash and Opera Mobile from the market, and I am watching Iplayer through the Opera browser. Very pleased with the first impressions of the rom.

Guest WWEpsp

me too... on vegacomb 1.7 its was like previous 2.2 ROMs but know its just seems not to work.

Its a great ROM, its of course the best ROM (in my opinion) because of been honeycomb and because is fast.

2 things:

1-160 dpi sucks :( , anyway on getting some less dpi but still good screen adjust?

2- USB host mode COME BAAAACKK LOL¡'

Ok, found out, you can change dpi with root explorer, just put it on 135 dpi and it looks good.

P.D: Have to say thanks for all the poeple who has worked on this ROM, its f***ing awesome

Guest Maxwell4321

Stayed up till the early hours flashing and then playing with this, absolutely fantastic, smooth and fast :D

many thanks to all involved you are stars

Guest Remington Steale

Great work, thanks ;)

Q: is it possible to change DPI??? Icons are to big :(

Yes, you need to open the build.prop file with something like root explorer (build.prop is in /System/ right click on the file and choose open in text editor)

Then find the line about half way down the screen that says:

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

Change the number down (127 seems to be the one that allows tablet services to kick in and stop things like the kindle app from force closing when you open a book).

Thsi will make things appear oddly when you change to portrait though, but I can use kindle and perfect viewer and play video (both flash and normal files) perfectly at this dpi.

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest Gruzagrew

Hi guys. Great ROM but I am getting the same issue as Vegacomb where I can't connect to my router. Its fine on all other ROMs. Have tried changing channels on my router as suggested in other posts but no joy. Any other suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

Guest jimmy191

How are you guys editing the build.prop file? Root explorer from a PC? I'm trying with ES File manager, but it won't let me save the file, I assume since my vega is on. Theres also settings like saying region is US etc I wanna try change to see if BBCiPlayer comes back.

Edited by jimmy191

Guest phil8715

How are you guys editing the build.prop file? Root explorer from a PC? I'm trying with ES File manager, but it won't let me save the file, I assume since my vega is on. Theres also settings like saying region is US etc I wanna try change to see if BBCiPlayer comes back.

Also it seems to say the CPU is an ARM7 when it's an ARM9, I don't know how that affects things, I know my HTC Hero can't download flash since it's an older ARM cpu, but that clearly isn't a problem on the Vega.

Edit: Just to say I'm not doubting any of the amazing work done on the ROM, I just want to tinker and work things out lol. :)

Looking good so far. Not too bothered about the dpi being bigger than usual. BBC I player wasn't too great I was having problems scrolling, and also the Kindle app kept FC.

This rom will be brilliant when it becomes a fully released.