corvus5 SP1 USB host mode switcher not working

Guest worto03

Guest worto03

Hi,

I'm new to corvus5 - just moved over from modaco r8, it's looking good but I can't get the usb mode switcher to work.

When I try to swap to host mode to use a usb stick I follow these instructions

For enter usb host mode:

Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

I take it once the display gets power it means when the backlight comes on then hold it down until I get to the pattern lock screen?

When I do this after the pattern lock I get the message

Sorry - the application Advent Vega USB HostMode Indicator (process com.ptbwillis.gridhostmodeindicator) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close.

Then when I hit the force close button it's still in slave mode

Any ideas? Thanks for any help,

Update - I've just upgraded my mates vega to corvus5 SP1 too using vega tools v4 and it gets the same problem so is it something I'm doing wrong or is there a patch I can apply?

Also a bit of a side issue but it force closes every time I goto the settings > About Device > Status - as soon as I press status it force closes me back to the settings page - I get this every time on both vega's too.

thanks for any help - I'm a bit stuck at the mo but don't really want to go back to the modaco ROM.

worto.

Edited by worto03