ZTE P729B San Francisco with Orange B08 ROM - cannot change ROM

Guest Bill Brownle

Guest Bill Brownle

I have got this San Francisco ZTE with Orange B08 ROM. I have unlocked it to o2 successfuly. However, I can root it with Universal Androot,confirmed by Root Check, but attempts to update the ROM always fail and the phone restarts with the B08 ROM.

Is this phone different from all the advice on changing ROMs on other ZTE's or is my phone faulty?

I have tried using Gen 1 to Gen2 All in one Custom update TPT's gsf-blade-b19tpt.zip(checked download md5) etc. Hangs remove battery to restart B08 ROM

Also tried, root phone - ROM manager - Flash clockwork recovery for Z blade - reboot into recovery - green android followed by B08 Rom

Tried using adb to load through computer DOS . Same result files push onto phone OK, but reboot goes back to B08

I cannot access the the control screen with Vol down restart - the android flashes continuously until I release the vol- button when it starts B08

I have tried to remove the Orange apps with 2.1 debrand.zip with no effect.

Can anyone helpplease.

RESOLVED Found that Phone must be re rooted before you turn off the power. This enables the vol- \ power access to the clockwork screens.

Edited by Bill Brownle

Guest manit40

i said the prob B08 ROM used they OUKB20-stock-TPT ok they uses gsf-blade-b19-tpt they gsf-blade-b21 when 7.1.0-RC1-Blade and Nightly builds real :rolleyes:

Edited by manit40