• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

oOBENJYOo

oOBENJYOo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire S-off rooted
Is it not possible to root the wildfire s yet without paying £30+ for a clip ?

I believe someone somewhere is working on somethingregarding switching the S-off but cannot find any links......anyone?

I believe you can find what system you have by switching wildfire on while holding down key...but I get nothing, some wildfires show if S is on or off...

Edited by oOBENJYOo, 23 August 2011 - 01:53 PM.

If it aint broke dont fix it........

oOBENJYOo

oOBENJYOo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire S-off rooted

Is it not possible to root the wildfire s yet without paying £30+ for a clip ?

I believe someone somewhere is working on somethingregarding switching the S-off but cannot find any links......anyone?

I believe you can find what system you have by switching wildfire on while holding down key...but I get nothing, some wildfires show if S is on or off...

Answer....after 200+ views is no xtc clip is the only way to s-off the wildfire marvel.

If it aint broke dont fix it........

xxcrashxx

xxcrashxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:Mororola mpx200
In order to show the HBOOT screen(volume down and power), it helps to turn off fastboot in the power settings, or even just pulling the battery for like 5 seconds, put battery in, then press power and volume down until something happens. There was a recent development for the Wildfire S (I believe CDMA version only though) where you could get the S-off by creating a GOLDCARD for the phone, and running some install file. info over at xda-developers forum. I can confirm the method working with the Wildfire S Virgin Mobile USA (CDMA). Brand new ones from Radioshack stores come with Gingerbread 2.3.4.

But as far as the GSM versions, I don't think there is a way of getting the S-off without the XTC-clip. I can't confirm that, cuz I only have the CDMA version.

Edited by xxcrashxx, 30 November 2011 - 05:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users