Bootloader issues

Guest blazer666_uk

Guest Racerboy

back, radical thought, using the terminal method can one flash a rom? if yes flash back to stock soft root, use sebs recovery manager reinstall cwm and flash back to 2.3.5, then never use rom manager again.

i dont think that will work as you need to be out the o/s to install it

Guest plegdroid

did you have a read of the above link? I don't use adb so can't really test any possible solutions, can only suggest them. don't worry it's really hard to brick your phone, everything can be undone it's just finding in what order sometimes.

Guest plegdroid

take it you have tried just taking the battery out and waiting a minute popping it back and rebooting again,? let it go to desktop,turn off then try to get recovery?please don't be offended by that question.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

sorry m8 but i dont know how to fix it for you and other methods that should work fine have failed, but i hope someone with more knowledge than me can post a solution ASAP for you

Guest blazer666_uk

take it you have tried just taking the battery out and waiting a minute popping it back and rebooting again,? let it go to desktop,turn off then try to get recovery?please don't be offended by that question.

Just done that, still the same... :(

Guest plegdroid

Ok, Uninstalled Rom Manager via Titanium backup.

I then rebooted the phone

loaded up terminal

Typed "su"

typed "flash _image recovery /sdcard/cwm.img" - i renamed the img file to cwm.img

then it said flashing recovery from /sdcard/recovery.img

I then closed terminal after the flash

Rebooted phone

pressed vol down on reboot and just get a black screen with nothing else.

Cheers

when you downloaded the cwm.image that you were advised to do, was it a zip file?

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

when you downloaded the cwm.image that you were advised to do, was it a zip file?

.img file POST#2

And yes its worth another try with this method

1.download recovery image from post#2 and rename to "recovery.img" and copy to root of sdcard.

2.Open terminal emulator on apps and type "su" and hit enter (this will give super user rights to the emulator) and after that type "flash _image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img"

3. Power off the phone, press and hold vol- and then press power button whilst still holding vol- clockwork recovery should present itself

Edit: typo

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

ok thanks to hedgepigdaniel for the files and guide, i just updated the files a little

this is a last resort if all other methods have failed !!!!!

I`ve tried and tested this method last night and works great

you`ll need to download zte drivers HERE and Racer fastboot recovery HERE

if you have windows 7 you may not need to install the zte drivers,

this will install clockwork recovery version 4.0.1.0.

1.extract the Racer fastboot recovery to your desktop

2.turn off your phone take battery out for 5 secs and place it back in, press hold vol+ and press power button whilst still holding vol+ (green andriod will stay on with red led) fastboot mode.

3. connect your usb cable to comp and then phone, if your using win7 drivers will install themselves, you can check if its been recognised in device manager phone should be listed as "Fastboot Interface" under "ADB Interfaces" (if not there or not using win7 you can install the zte drivers)

4 go into the racer fastboot recovery folder and double click on the "windows-flash-gen1-recovery" batch file, will get a message to say its been flashed and to press any key to exit.

5. once step 4 is done disconnect the cable from your phone, take battery out and put back in, press hold vol- and press power button whilst still holding vol- should now have clockwork recovery to flash new roms. if when you reboot from the recovery you get a blank screen dont panic, simply take battery out again and power on and that will remedy it.

I think you will have to re-flash your rom once you have recovery to have a fresh clean installation

Edited by Racerboy

Guest blazer666_uk

ok thanks to hedgepigdaniel for the files and guide, i just updated the files a little

this is a last resort if all other methods have failed !!!!!

I`ve tried and tested this method last night and works great

you`ll need to download zte drivers HERE and Racer fastboot recovery HERE

if you have windows 7 you may not need to install the zte drivers,

this will install clockwork recovery version 4.0.1.0.

1.extract the Racer fastboot recovery to your desktop

2.turn off your phone take battery out for 5 secs and place it back in, press hold vol+ and press power button whilst still holding vol+ (green andriod will stay on with red led) fastboot mode.

3. connect your usb cable to comp and then phone, if your using win7 drivers will install themselves, you can check if its been recognised in device manager phone should be listed as "Fastboot Interface" under "ADB Interfaces" (if not there or not using win7 you can install the zte drivers)

4 go into the racer fastboot recovery folder and double click on the "windows-flash-gen1-recovery" batch file, will get a message to say its been flashed and to press any key to exit.

5. once step 4 is done disconnect the cable from your phone, take battery out and put back in, press hold vol- and press power button whilst still holding vol- should now have clockwork recovery to flash new roms. if when you reboot from the recovery you get a blank screen dont panic, simply take battery out again and power on and that will remedy it.

I think you will have to re-flash your rom once you have recovery to have a fresh clean installation

I will give this a bash today, thanks for the help....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blazer666_uk

Plz let us know if you got it sorted

Sorry for the HUGE delay, been very very busy....anyway followed your steps and I have got Clockwork Recovery Installed......woot just about to flash now so fingers crossed. At least now I can see the CWM screen!!!! many thanks will keep this post updated with the flash....