[APP] GetRIL 0.6 - 2011/08/29

Guest sibbor

Guest sibbor

I've had this thread over at XDA for some time, so just thought I mention the app, GetRIL, here at MoDaCo as well.

GetRIL

GetRIL lets you see and change some of your Optimus 2X radio information.

Features:

• Device support: LG Optimus 2X, T-Mobile G2X
  • See the device's current RIL & baseband
  • Recommends RIL for based on the device's baseband version
  • Recommends a baseband based on the device's RIL version
  • Backup & restoration of the RIL
  • Downloading and installation of a new matching RIL (hosted by me*)
  • Got an unknown RIL (not in the database)? E-mail it to me directly from the app and I'll try to sort things out
  • Localized to: English, Danish, Dutch, German, French, Czech, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Russian**
  • ROM support: LG stock, CM7, MIUI
  • RIL Database that can be updated OTA*
    Note: Some features needs Superuser and Busybox to function properly

* I'm hosting the RIL files myself, so here's hoping we're not running into any bandwidth issues
    ** If you want to help out with translations: see this strings.xml (updated between releases)

Am I worth a hot cup of coffee? :-)

donate.gif

GetRIL database - Attention: I need Your help!

Found an error with the database?
    Here's where I need you help. If you find an error within the app - please report it to me and I'll investigate it. Either try PM:ing me or write me an e-mail from within the app.

Your RIL shows up as 'Unknown'?
    Please contact to me, providing as much details as possible. From the app itself you're able to attach your "unknown" RIL and send it to me. The app also promts you for certain details, like if you flashed your baseband manually, changed your RIL manually and what region you're at.
    You can also try writing in this thread. I'll be around here ;-)

List of unknown RILs I need help to identify:
    • 56f2c5b60518c4f25e17afa14969fd74

Android Market

Got problems downloading from the Market? Head over to XDA to download the latest APK file, since I'm currently unable to upload it to the MoDaCo forums.

--

LG GetRIL shows the device's (LG Optimus 2X, T-Mobile G2X) current RIL (Radio Interface Layer) and baseband, notifying you if they match or not. If not - and you're on a rooted device - you'll be able to download and install a new matching RIL.

FEATURES

* Device support: LG Optimus 2X, T-Mobile G2X

* See the device's current RIL & baseband

* Recommends RIL for based on the device's baseband version

* Recommends a baseband based on the device's RIL version

* Backup & restoration of the RIL

* Downloading and installation of a new matching RIL

* Got an unknown RIL (not in the database)? E-mail it to me directly from the app and I'll try to sort things out

* Localized to: English, Danish, German, Dutch, French, Czech, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Swedish

BACKUP & RESTORE

If you accidentally install a faulty RIL you can safely restore a backup of your previous RIL, that the app automatically takes.

There's also the ability to keep the current RIL after a ROM flash. This feature only work on CyanogenMod based ROMs.

HELP & ASSISTANCE

I'll try to keep the app up-to-date when new RILs and basebands gets released. Got any information to share with me? Please send me an e-mail.

Need help? Don't hesitate to contact me, but first off - go see the help section within the

DISCLAIMER: I don't take liability for any damage you phone might sustain, while/after using this app.

donate.gif

post-528501-0-34222600-1314455797_thumb.

post-528501-0-29644000-1314455800_thumb.

post-528501-0-05883300-1314455803_thumb.

post-528501-0-14504600-1314455806_thumb.

post-528501-0-61026200-1314455809_thumb.

post-528501-0-47656100-1314455812_thumb.

Edited by sibbor

Guest sibbor

Version 0.6 (2011/08/29)

• Smashed a Force-Close bug that occurred on non-rooted
  • Minor UI tweaks
  • Handles rotation changes a bit better
  • Some parts of the core system has gotten an overhaul, making it more stable and producing less overhead
  • I've also implemented a dynamic RIL database with the ability to update it OTA

Version 0.5.1 (2011/08/22)
    • App name changed: LG GetRIL -> GetRIL
    • Before downloading a RIL you'll now get promted
    • Reporting an unknown RIL to me now also promts you for more data, making you extra helpful and valuble!
    • Added two more RILs for the 2X: 0725 (V10E, Asia), 0725 (V10E, Russia)
    • Enabled support for the T-Mobile G2X (don't have any data yet - so use the report function!)

Version 0.5 (2011/08/15)
      • Major code rewrite, including optimizations; the app should start notable quicker than before
      • The installation process is also threaded, because I saw one device reported ANR during it ;-)
      • Fixed some minor installation issues some were having

Version 0.4.1 (2011/08/11)
        • Added a progress bar when downloading RILs
        • Updated German translation
        • Minor fixes

Version 0.4 (2011/08/09)
          • Fixed the installation issues that occurred on some devices/ROMs
          • General code clean-up
          • Better and more reliable logging and status messages throughout the app
          • Typo in the Swedish translation fixed
          • Added two more 0405 RILs: V10A US + Asia

Version 0.3.4 (2011/08/09)
            • Updated translations: German, French & Italian
            • Added RILs: 0405 (V10C, Spain), 0725 (V10D, Europe Open) - thanks to bhanvadia!
            • Minor changes for UI handling and logging

Version 0.3.3 (2011/08/07)
              • First off: thanks for all the reports fellas!
              • Added a couple of more RILs; some are not 100%. Noticing something akward? Contact me.
              • Updated translations; Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Swedish
              • Extracted static "strings" from the language files (less clutter and confusion for all the kind translators)
              • My e-mail method will no longer crash the app if there's no e-mail client available on the device
              • Minor UI changes

Version 0.3.2 (2011/08/05)
                • Oops, broke the download for debug purpose; accidently left it there
                • Fixed a null pointer exception
                • Updated translations (thanks, once again, Keltek and traxxus!)

Version 0.3.1 (2011/08/05)
                  • Minor bug fixes (FC issue etc.)
                  • Spinner now selects the matching one of the recommended RILs as default
                  • The app now keeps track on "unknown" RILs, so that only unknown RILs that the app is unaware of gets the ability to be sent to me
                  • Can only send log files if on a supported device
                  • Devices without the Market app won't FC anymore when requesting Superuser (if it's missing)
                  • Updated some translations

Version 0.3 - 2011/08/04

[*] Fixed a Force Close issue[*] Improved the RIL/baseband matcher (RIL 622 won't show up as 614)[*] Improved & tidied up the installation process[*] Added translation: Russian (courtesy Guoreski)[*] Updated translation: German (courtesy to traxxus), Cztech (cortesy to Keltek)[*] RIL added: 0622 (10E, Vodafone) - courtesy to Christian Grünewald[*] Two unknown RILs added - Help me out here:[*] 1. 0622, Russia? c27864f21598ac11b909fa88361ec52e (1035.21_20110622 ?)[*] 2. 0405, Germany? 5691893065327247c7bc32500cb5b01a (1035.21_20110405 ?)

Version 0.2.3 - 2011/08/02

[*] System partitions should be found even if it's other than the default O2X layout[*] Added the ability to e-mail me the device's current RIL, if they show as "Unknown"[*] Translation added: Dutch (courtesy to Michel Vrauwdeunt)[*] Updated German and Spanish translations

Version 0.2.2 - 2011/08/01

[*] Added more logging; to help me debug

Version 0.2.1 - 2011/08/02

[*] Fixed issue where the downloaded RIL sometimes didn't get installed correctly[*] Updated the icon[*] Added RIL: "0405 (Vodafone Spain)"[*] Translation updated: Czech[*] Translation added: Dutch (courtesy to Michel Vrauwdeunt)[*] "Contact" and "Send log to developer" now includes radio info as well as build info[*] Added donations via In-App billing

Version 0.2 - 2011/07/30

[*]Minor bug fixes & improvements[*]Added device check (current supported devices: Optimus 2X)[*]UI changes when on a non-supported device[*]Added support for messages for different RILs (ex. RIL 622GB is back and now shows a warning message that one should only install it together with 622GB baseband)[*]Updated German and Czech translations[*]Added translations for: Danish (grontoft), French (Laurent Suchet), Italian (Federico Razza), Spanish (JoRoGe), Swedish (me)

Version 0.1.1 - 2011/07/28

[*]Minor bug fixes, improvements & restructuring[*]New app icon[*]Device check - currently supported device: LG Optimus 2X (P990)[*]RIL 502/530 is the same (RIL/BB matching improved to support this)[*]RIL 622 (Gingerbread leak) removed, since it can cause problems[*]Translations added: German (courtesy to 75markus & jackmu95), Czech (courtesy to Keltek)

Version 0.1 - 2011/07/27

First version released
Edited by sibbor

Hello everyone! I was resently testing Gr1 with bb 0725 and same ril eu version and my phone had reboot, connection and signal problems all the time and now i downgraded to v10d with bb 0622 and 0622 v10c ril. Now everything is working fine. Tho i got now old froyo back but thats better than simcard and connection loss and reboot problems right! I recommend this setup to everyone who live in europe and want stable rom, ril, baseband combination. V10d stock rom, BB 0622 and ril 0622

Edited by Guest

Guest Squide

Just flashed 0725BB, and using your app to get 0725ril...

but it never work after a reboot.

I need to download the 0622RIL again with your app

in order to get my phone working again with the 0725BB

Edited by Squide

Guest morckx
Hello everyone! I was resently testing Gr1 with bb 0725 and same ril eu version and my phone had reboot, connection and signal problems all the time and now i downgraded to v10d with bb 0622 and 0622 v10c ril. Now everything is working fine. Tho i got now old froyo back but thats better than simcard and connection loss and reboot problems right! I recommend this setup to everyone who live in europe and want stable rom, ril, baseband combination. V10d stock rom, BB 0622 and ril 0622

I think it has been said several times now that Gr1/Gr2+ 0725BB combination only seems to work with the 0622 Gingerbread leak RIL. No need to flash back to Froyo...

Guest sibbor

Just flashed 0725BB, and using your app to get 0725ril...

but it never work after a reboot.

I need to download the 0622RIL again with your app

in order to get my phone working again with the 0725BB

That sounds weird. Can you please do exactly like before, but this time hit the menu button - Help - Send log, afterwards? This way I can see what's going on. Thank you!