Can't boot in Clockwork recovery

Guest BoeckxL

Guest BoeckxL

So I've been on CM7 for two days now. I seem to like it a lot, there are little things that I notice that I like more then the SS! :)

but there's only one problem left that I can't seem to solve!

When I installed CM7 there was no Android market on it. That was pretty strange but I just tried to search it on the internet.

Found different versions of it and tried all of them, I installed it, so far so good. But when I tried to open it, it said: You need to add an account to the device before you can continue. Would you like to add an account now?

So I thought my Gmail account wasn't synced properly with my device, but I checked and it was. So I went online again to search for a solution. Some people spoke about installing Google Talk because without it the market wouldn't work either. When I tried to install the google talk service it said: app wasn't installed. I don't really know why, I tried zip versions via the ROM manager, .apk versions,.. Nothing worked.

A. Is it normal that there is no market app on CM7?

B. What should I do to get a market app? :)

Cheers

Guest t0mm13b

You need to download the google apps addon which will do exactly what you are looking for.

You can find it here.

The reason it was omitted from CM7 was a story involving Google and the CM team, mainly copyright issues etc...

Copy it to the sdcard and flash it with ClockworkMod Recovery :)

Guest BoeckxL

You need to download the google apps addon which will do exactly what you are looking for.

You can find it here.

The reason it was omitted from CM7 was a story involving Google and the CM team, mainly copyright issues etc...

Copy it to the sdcard and flash it with ClockworkMod Recovery :)

LOL! :P That really is stupid of me, but they could have made it a little bit clearer! I haven't read anywhere about it, I thought it were leftovers of my earlier problems!

Sometimes it's just better to ask someone who knows the correct answer then keep struggling myself!!

Thanks a lot Tom! Really great job :)

Guest BoeckxL

It's working! I'm going to look around now to search for some info what I can delete from my SD card and what I can't to prevent it getting full. Like I have a keyboard that remembers they way I typ, so I don't want to delete that stuff! :)

Guest t0mm13b

It's working! I'm going to look around now to search for some info what I can delete from my SD card and what I can't to prevent it getting full. Like I have a keyboard that remembers they way I typ, so I don't want to delete that stuff! :)

Great stuff :D

Glad everything is all working okie for you :)