ClockWorkMod recovery version 3 or higher Scripting Tutorial

Guest Phoenix Silver

Guest Phoenix Silver

This guide is a reference of the commands used in Clockworkmod.

For Edify and not Amend (Cwm 3 or higher).

Structure

First thing you need to download this file : clockworkmod_skeleton.zip

Download it here :

http://ftpb.free.fr/downloads/photom.php

The structure is :

META-INF

|______com

|______google

|______android

|______updater-script

|______update-binary

system (optional)

data (optional)

It's updater-script you modify to run your scripts in clockworkmod Commands reference : Assert Assert("function"); Mount mount(fs_type, partition_type, location, mount_point); 2 choices of fs_type fs_type="yaffs2" partition_type="MTD" location=partition fs_type="ext4" partition_type="EMMC" location=device For an ex to mount the system partition to install programs insert this line in the script mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system"); Unmount unmount("partition"); unmount the partitions you have mounted with mount To follow the ex earlier : unmount("/system"); you need to unmount partitions in the inverse order of the mount. Is_mounted is_mounted(mount_point); Format format(fs_type, partition_type, location); 2 choices of fs_type fs_type="yaffs2" partition_type="MTD" location=partition fs_type="ext4" partition_type="EMMC" location=device For an ex format the data partition format("yaffs2", "MTD", "userdata"); Ui_print ui_print("text"); Print text in screen. ex : ui_print("Installing boot.img"); Package_extract_dir package_extract_dir(package_path, destination_path); Extract a directory for an ex : package_extract_dir("system", "/system"); Package_extract_file package_extract_file(package_path, destination_path); Extract a single file for an ex : package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"); Symlink symlink target src1 src2 ... unlinks any previously existing src1, src2, etc before creating symlinks. File_getprop file_getprop(file, key); interprets 'file' as a getprop-style file (key=value pairs, one per line, # comment lines and blank lines okay), and returns the value for 'key' (or "" if it isn't defined). Write_raw_image write_raw_image(file, partition); Flash img file in its partition For an ex to flash a kernel just use write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot"); Apply_patch_space apply_patch_space(bytes); Apply_patch apply_patch(srcfile, tgtfile, tgtsha1, tgtsize, sha1_1, patch_1, ...); Apply_patch_check apply_patch_check(file, [sha1_1, ...]); Sha1_check sha1_check(data); to return the sha1 of the data (given in the format returned by read_file). Delete delete("File"); Delete a file For an ex : delete("/tmp/boot.img"); Delete_recursive delete_recursive("directory"); Delete a directory For an exe : delete_recursive("/system/lib/modules"); delete the directory modules in system/lib Show_progress show_progress(param1,param2); Set_perm set_perm(param1,param2,param3,"file"); Set the permissions of a file. For an ex : set_perm(0,0,755,"/tmp/checksys.sh"); Run_program run a program for an ex : run_program("/tmp/checksys.sh"); IF...THEN...ELSE...ENDIF If condition do action else do another action endif; for an ex :

if file_getprop("/tmp/nfo.prop","ramconsole") == "9"

then 

#Gen1

ui_print("Extracting Gen1 kernel");

package_extract_file("gen1.img","/tmp/boot.img");

else

#Gen2

ui_print("Extracting Gen2 kernel");

package_extract_file("gen2.img","/tmp/boot.img");

endif;

==

Compare 2 values.

For an ex :

If value1 == value2 then ......

#

To write a comment in the script.

#This is a comment.

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest Phoenix Silver

Reserved

Guide under construction. Some commands are uncompleted. So if you know what it means or have exs feel free to indicate it and i'll update the guide.

Ty.

Guest Phoenix Silver

its about time someone wrote one, but you might want to mention this is for Edify and not Amend...

Yes you are right it's for Cwm version 3 or higher.

Guest KonstaT

Good job. Where was this when I started learning this. ;)

I think that the topic tittle could be changed to ClockWorkMod Edify Scripting Tutorial or something like that. Didn't understand what it was about until I looked in.

There's nothing much to add besides set_perm_recursive(param1,param2,param3,"directory"). Unmount should also be unmount(), not umount like elsewhere. I also read somewhere that if you mount more than one partition, you should unmount them in reverse order. I don't know if makes any difference though...

Guest t0mm13b

I think that the topic tittle could be changed to ClockWorkMod Edify Scripting Tutorial or something like that. Didn't understand what it was about until I looked in.

There's nothing much to add besides set_perm_recursive(param1,param2,param3,"directory"). Unmount should also be unmount(), not umount like elsewhere. I also read somewhere that if you mount more than one partition, you should unmount them in reverse order. I don't know if makes any difference though...

Yes in that regard to the mount order - that is true... its a LIFO (Last In, First Out) type of order for example:

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");

mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "data", "/data");

umount("/data");

umount("/system");

Notice the ordering, if it was in the reverse as in

umount("/system");

umount("/data");

From what I recall, this can cause problems with the script....

Guest Phoenix Silver

Oki ty for your feedback :)

Updated

Edited by Phoenix Silver

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Adilson

This sqaved my day, thanks!

I have a question tough. Is there a way to automate the script, I.E. making clockworkmod start it without any manual intervention? My problem is, I want to automate a rescue procedure that will clena the user's data and install some aditional software.