Just Bought A Liquid Metal

Guest lordjubblydave

Guest lordjubblydave

I Just bought one for £140 New and Unlocked, I will be having a good old snoop around but if anyone could help me with a few pointers, i have a few questions. :)

1. Rooting, Is it Rootable using One click Root etc ?
  2. What Roms are good ? I like CM7 and i am keen on trying out MIUI are any others worth a look ?
  3. I hear it is overclockable up to 1.5ghz ohmy.gif Which roms allow me to do this ? or is there a Kernel i can flash ?
  4. Anything else i should know ?
  5. Any Quirks ?

Thanks

I Just bought one for £140 New and Unlocked, I will be having a good old snoop around but if anyone could help me with a few pointers, i have a few questions. :)

2. What Roms are good ? I like CM7 and i am keen on trying out MIUI are any others worth a look ?
  3. I hear it is overclockable up to 1.5ghz ohmy.gif Which roms allow me to do this ? or is there a Kernel i can flash ?
  5. Any Quirks ?

Thanks

I just bought one as well.

I've had a look around too, from what I read:

1.) I think it can be rooted with z4Root.

2.) CM7 appears to be a work in progress, things like Camera don't seem to be working but it does look promising. I'm also interested in MIUI.

3.) Regarding the overclocking I have a feeling it's the Froyo ROM's that are overclockable as the kernel source appears not to have been released yet.

Metal users could you please check and correct the points above and add any additional info, it would be very welcome.

Guest kaiserpc

I bought 1 last week - 1st smart phone. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to installing roms on it. I would like gingerbread 2.3.4 and cynogenmod7 - but i haven't a clue where to start. Is there are good tutorial somewhere? and what is the best/most complete gingerbread 2.3.4 port to install?

Guest chemicalbuz

5. Any Quirks ?

Thanks

1 it depends on which rom do you have installed, with stock rom z4root it's enought, after flashing new rom you have to use oneclick

2 the newest rom is t&l based on last leak 3.0.27 (android 2.3.4), i like it it's very stabe and has good performance

3 only froyo's rom are overclockable now cause gingerbread source codes aren't release yet, anyway i have no problem at all with standard 800mhz with 2.3.4, so don't care about that...when source codes will be release there will be oc on 2.3.4 too

4 i bought it 2 weeks ago and i learnt all about this phone reading just few posts here on modaco, so just check last threads, it's everything very simple and clear

Guest de_shepherd

May well get one of these shortly .... had a Pulse for just over 18 months and looking for a step up from there and liquidMT looks a good candidate (Huwaei U8800 is the other at the moment ... if anyone has it in stock!)

Couple of questions

1) In various places people are commenting about the screen being plastic and easy to scratch ... anyone got any experience on this - does it get scratched quickly, do screen protectors work and do they interfere with the touch screen?

2) Another comment has been people running out of RAM ... given that I'm coping with far less on the Pulse I'm not sure whether this is an issue with apps2sd etc but do you run out of RAM quickly?

Thanks for any info

1) In various places people are commenting about the screen being plastic and easy to scratch ... anyone got any experience on this - does it get scratched quickly, do screen protectors work and do they interfere with the touch screen?

I have seen those comments too. Did not want to take any risk and bought invisible shield for my screen. The phone works fine with it and cannot see any problem at all.

I have seen those comments too. Did not want to take any risk and bought invisible shield for my screen. The phone works fine with it and cannot see any problem at all.

I ordered some screen protectors off Amazon in conjunction with an InvisibleShield case.