Rooting Wildfire S

Guest soter

How to "just root" my Wildfire S (Android 2.3.3), keeping my current ROM (just "root" it) and save all my stuff by a suitable backup program (e.g. Titanium Backup)?

Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oOBENJYOo

How to "just root" my Wildfire S (Android 2.3.3), keeping my current ROM (just "root" it) and save all my stuff by a suitable backup program (e.g. Titanium Backup)?

Thank you in advance

if you have wildfire marvel..you need to get it xtc clip s-off first mate

• 2 months later...
Guest xxcrashxx

As a matter of fact I have the HTC Wildfire S (Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread).

Right.... but there are different models of the Wildfire S. are you gsm or cdma? if your gsm(to my understanding) you need to get the XTC-clip to get the phone s-off(step one of rooting). If you have the cdma version, it is possible to get the S-off using software by creating a "GOLDCARD". I can confirm that method working on the Wildfire S on Virgin Mobile USA (CDMA).

Right.... but there are different models of the Wildfire S. are you gsm or cdma? if your gsm(to my understanding) you need to get the XTC-clip to get the phone s-off(step one of rooting). If you have the cdma version, it is possible to get the S-off using software by creating a "GOLDCARD". I can confirm that method working on the Wildfire S on Virgin Mobile USA (CDMA).

How do I tell whether I have the gsm or cdma version?

By the way what is the meaning of them and the differences between them two?

Thanks

Guest xxcrashxx

How do I tell whether I have the gsm or cdma version?

By the way what is the meaning of them and the differences between them two?

Thanks

To my understanding, GSM devices use sim cards, and CDMA don't. and theres differences with the roms that each device uses. I just learned that most of the custom roms on xda developers forum are for the gsm version, if you try to flash one of those roms onto the cdma version of the phone, things will not work properly, and can potentially brick your phone.