I`ve uploaded a driver package (for XP and Vista, Win7 has its own already) and fastboot recovery for our Racer (CWM) FOR GEN1 PHONES ONLY----------ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE ATTEMPING THIS
have your usb cable handy for connecting to computer. This method is if you cant boot your phone at all and CWM recovery does not work either......
1. Download package above and extract to your computer desktop using winrar or similar program
2. Turn phone off take battery out, wait 5 secs then replace battery
3. Press and hold vol+ and press power button once whilst still holding vol+ the red led and green droid picture should both stay on
4. Now connect the usb cable to the computer and then the phone, wait afew moments for any drivers to install, win7 will install them itself, xp/vista you may have to install them manually (drivers included in download package, "ZTE Handset USB Driver 5.2066.1.8")
5. Once you`ve successfully installed the drivers you can check this by going on device manager on your computer, your phone should be listed as "Fastboot Interface" under "ADB Interfaces".
6. Now go into the Racer-Fastboot-Recovery-CWM folder that you extracted earlier on your desktop and double click on the "windows-flash-gen1-recovery.bat" file, cmd will open, message will say successfully installed CWM (clockwork recovery mod CWM) press any key to exit cmd window....
7. Disconnect the usb cable from phone, take battery out wait afew seconds, replace battery, press and hold vol- and press power button once whilst still holding vol- you now should have CWM menu to install your custom ROMS.......
if it fails to install CWM double check you have installed device drivers correctly and computer recognises your phone (steps 2-5) and then repeat again (steps 2-7)
Edited by Racerboy, 18 September 2011 - 09:45 PM.