[Guide] FastBoot Recovery For Racer

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Hello, So many people of late have been posting in already created threads saying "my recovery is gone" or "i installed a ROM and now my recovery wont work" which sends threads off topic with people giving advise on how to fix these problems which is fine i`m all for helping people but really the person needing help should create a new thread themselves, anyway back to why I`ve created this thread....

I`ve uploaded a driver package (for XP and Vista, Win7 has its own already) and fastboot recovery for our Racer (CWM) FOR GEN1 PHONES ONLY----------ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE ATTEMPING THIS

have your usb cable handy for connecting to computer. This method is if you cant boot your phone at all and CWM recovery does not work either......

Download: HERE

1. Download package above and extract to your computer desktop using winrar or similar program

2. Turn phone off take battery out, wait 5 secs then replace battery

3. Press and hold vol+ and press power button once whilst still holding vol+ the red led and green droid picture should both stay on

4. Now connect the usb cable to the computer and then the phone, wait afew moments for any drivers to install, win7 will install them itself, xp/vista you may have to install them manually (drivers included in download package, "ZTE Handset USB Driver 5.2066.1.8")

5. Once you`ve successfully installed the drivers you can check this by going on device manager on your computer, your phone should be listed as "Fastboot Interface" under "ADB Interfaces".

6. Now go into the Racer-Fastboot-Recovery-CWM folder that you extracted earlier on your desktop and double click on the "windows-flash-gen1-recovery.bat" file, cmd will open, message will say successfully installed CWM (clockwork recovery mod CWM) press any key to exit cmd window....

7. Disconnect the usb cable from phone, take battery out wait afew seconds, replace battery, press and hold vol- and press power button once whilst still holding vol- you now should have CWM menu to install your custom ROMS.......

if it fails to install CWM double check you have installed device drivers correctly and computer recognises your phone (steps 2-5) and then repeat again (steps 2-7)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

A question: if I flash 4pda 2.2 rom won't I be able to flash the nightlies until I do this process?

If your doing the TPT method to install 2.2 gen2 then i think you`d have to revert back to gen1 first then use this method if needed. Partition sizes are different i think, but i suppose in theory it wipes all internal memory/recoveries and partitions and flashs gen1 version but i`m not going to advise you do it this way

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Sweety Jenny

Hello, So many people of late have been posting in already created threads saying "my recovery is gone" or "i installed a ROM and now my recovery wont work" which sends threads off topic with people giving advise on how to fix these problems which is fine i`m all for helping people but really the person needing help should create a new thread themselves, anyway back to why I`ve created this thread....

I`ve uploaded a driver package (for XP and Vista, Win7 has its own already) and fastboot recovery for our Racer (CWM) FOR GEN1 PHONES ONLY----------ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS FULL CHARGED BEFORE ATTEMPING THIS

have your usb cable handy for connecting to computer. This method is if you cant boot your phone at all and CWM recovery does not work either......

1. Download package above and extract to your computer desktop using winrar or similar program

3. Press and hold vol+ and press power button once whilst still holding vol+ the red led and green droid picture should both stay on

4. Now connect the usb cable to the computer and then the phone, wait afew moments for any drivers to install, win7 will install them itself, xp/vista you may have to install them manually (drivers included in download package, "ZTE Handset USB Driver 5.2066.1.8")

5. Once you`ve successfully installed the drivers you can check this by going on device manager on your computer, your phone should be listed as "Fastboot Interface" under "ADB Interfaces".

6. Now go into the Racer-Fastboot-Recovery-CWM folder that you extracted earlier on your desktop and double click on the "windows-flash-gen1-recovery.bat" file, cmd will open, message will say successfully installed CWM (clockwork recovery mod CWM) press any key to exit cmd window....

7. Disconnect the usb cable from phone, take battery out wait afew seconds, replace battery, press and hold vol- and press power button once whilst still holding vol- you now should have CWM menu to install your custom ROMS.......

if it fails to install CWM double check you have installed device drivers correctly and computer recognises your phone (steps 2-5) and then repeat again (steps 2-7)

ur download link sayz me:-

You tried to access the address

http:/ / www.mediafire .com /? hpg27 g45 d 3tm 1 h 5,

which is currently unavailable . Please

make sure that the Web address ( URL)

is correctly spelt and punctuated, then

try reloading the page .

Request timed out while loading

"http: // www. mediafire.com /?

hpg27g 45d 3 tm1 h 5" .

Guest Racerboy

ur download link sayz me:-

You tried to access the address

http:/ / www.mediafire .com /? hpg27 g45 d 3tm 1 h 5,

which is currently unavailable . Please

make sure that the Web address ( URL)

is correctly spelt and punctuated, then

try reloading the page .

Request timed out while loading

"http: // www. mediafire.com /?

hpg27g 45d 3 tm1 h 5" .

download is good for me and other people, maybe your isp has blocked it, anyway alternative download HERE

Guest plegdroid

download is good for me and other people, maybe your isp has blocked it, anyway alternative download HERE

I'll try again@ dinner, I verified this morning and yes didn't let me down load same error as the young lady.:)

Guest Sweety Jenny

I'll try again@ dinner, I verified this morning and yes didn't let me down load same error as the young lady.:)

u both r awesome it's not working yet but i try till tommorrow.thnxz buddies i will tell yA tommorrow about if this work

Guest Racerboy

u both r awesome it's not working yet but i try till tommorrow.thnxz buddies i will tell yA tommorrow about if this work

try the link in POST#6 on here, same file different upload site

Guest plegdroid

don't know if if it was the time of day that I tried to download it, can confirm original link working as stated by racerboy:)

Guest Sweety Jenny

I`ve uploaded a driver package (for XP and Vista, Win7 has its own already) and fastboot recovery for our Racer (CWM) FOR GEN1 PHONES ONLY----------ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS FULL CHARGED BEFORE ATTEMPING THIS

i done that all getting nothin

Guest Racerboy

i done that all getting nothin

ok need some info:

1. What OS u you got installed on your computer?

2. What stock ROM was installed on your phone when you bought it, 2.1 or 2.2 ?

3. Are there any "Unkown Devices" on your computer device manager when you have phone connected to PC

4. Is USB Debugging enabled (ticked) on your phone? settings/applications/development

Guest Sweety Jenny

1. What OS u you got installed on your computer?=Windows 7 ultimate

2. What stock ROM was installed on your phone when you bought it, 2.1 or 2.2 ? =dell xcd 28.(Android 2.1)

3. Are there any "Unkown Devices" on your computer device manager when you have phone connected to PC.i`=it says zte hsub device

4. Is USB Debugging enabled (ticked) on your phone? settings/applications/development=yep

sorry buddy i don't have pc i go to my friends house. sorry to disturbed u all.

Guest Racerboy

1. What OS u you got installed on your computer?=Windows 7 ultimate

2. What stock ROM was installed on your phone when you bought it, 2.1 or 2.2 ? =dell xcd 28.(Android 2.1)

3. Are there any "Unkown Devices" on your computer device manager when you have phone connected to PC.i`=it says zte hsub device

4. Is USB Debugging enabled (ticked) on your phone? settings/applications/development=yep

sorry buddy i don't have pc i go to my friends house. sorry to disturbed u all.

ok, connect phone to computer and check manually if theres any newer drivers for your device by going on control panel/windows update, cant remember if you`ve tried the "recovery manager" option ? NOT ROM MANAGER

Guest Sweety Jenny

ok, connect phone to computer and check manually if theres any newer drivers for your device by going on control panel/windows update, cant remember if you`ve tried the "recovery manager" option ? NOT ROM MANAGER

i try all recovery manager but it force close every time

Guest Racerboy

i try all recovery manager but it force close every time

have you tried the latest version HERE version RecoveryManager_v0.37b which will work with 2.3.4/5 custom ROMS, uninstall any previous versions you have already on phone first before installing this version then check to see it works when you open it and reply back

Guest Sweety Jenny

have you tried the latest version HERE version RecoveryManager_v0.37b which will work with 2.3.4/5 custom ROMS, uninstall any previous versions you have already on phone first before installing this version then check to see it works when you open it and reply back

iyep i uninstall recovery manager n downloaded latest v0.37b.but still it sayz.

Sorry /_\

Recovery manager (Process com.podtwo.recovery manager) stopped unexpectedly please try again.

Guest Racerboy

iyep i uninstall recovery manager n downloaded latest v0.37b.but still it sayz.

Sorry /_\

Recovery manager (Process com.podtwo.recovery manager) stopped unexpectedly please try again.

ok another option is to use terminal emulator on the app menu

1. Download this HERE and rename it to "recovery" (without the quotes) copy to root of your sdcard...

2. Open terminal emulator and type "su" and hit enter (this will give super user to the emulator) and after that type "flash _image recovery /sdcard/recovery" (without the quotes) hit enter...

once done, press and hold power button, goto reboot then press recovery, hopefully have recovery now.....

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Sweety Jenny

ok another option is to use terminal emulator on the app menu

1. Download this HERE and rename it to "recovery" (without the quotes) copy to root of your sdcard...

2. Open terminal emulator and type "su" and hit enter (this will give super user to the emulator) and after that type "flash _image recovery /sdcard/recovery" (without the quotes) hit enter...

once done, press and hold power button, goto reboot then press recovery, hopefully have recovery now.....

after 16th try got it.

mm muaah to racerboy.

Hugs n kisses & hands up to plegdroid, racer boy n all others who help me.

pRiñ¢€$$

Guest plegdroid

after 16th try got it.

mm muaah to racerboy.

pRiñ¢€$$

glad you got it sorted :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

after 16th try got it.

mm muaah to racerboy.

pRiñ¢€$

at last its done ;) now you can have fun with more custom ROMS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Racerboy

Hello, Fast boot is not working on my racer. when i hold vol+ and press power button the mobile gets hang. what is the problem?

hangs? do you mean the green droid stays on the screen and the red light stays on?