Best rom for s2?

Guest Adam:)

Guest jusumgeezer

As soon as I got this phone home I rooted & installed Modaco Custom Rom.

After a while I tried a few of the ones from XDA including MIUI & VillianRom & a few others I can't remember, however after a about 10 mins or so I always restore my MCR backup.

Strange really as I always preferred the vanilla experience & never liked the look of the touchwiz UI before. Maybe once this phone has been put a bit longer & has more ROMs then I will try again, but for now it's MCR all the way for me.

As soon as I got this phone home I rooted & installed Modaco Custom Rom.

After a while I tried a few of the ones from XDA including MIUI & VillianRom & a few others I can't remember, however after a about 10 mins or so I always restore my MCR backup.

Strange really as I always preferred the vanilla experience & never liked the look of the touchwiz UI before. Maybe once this phone has been put a bit longer & has more ROMs then I will try again, but for now it's MCR all the way for me.

right, and i wuld install MCR throught CWM right?

and also, hav u tried litening rom?

thanks for ur help :)

Guest barbarony62

I have taken the Cyanogenmod7 path, and have never looked back.... its fast, clean, has all the features I need, and is generally awesome...and since its not 1 cook, but a whole generation of developers, I am not afraid it will dry when the "cook upgrades his phone"

CM7 rom are it!!!

post-489446-0-54926300-1315716506_thumb.png

barbarony

post-489446-0-54926300-1315716506_thumb.

I have taken the Cyanogenmod7 path, and have never looked back.... its fast, clean, has all the features I need, and is generally awesome...and since its not 1 cook, but a whole generation of developers, I am not afraid it will dry when the "cook upgrades his phone"

CM7 rom are it!!!

barbarony

wow, wat launcher r u using there? Adw?

how did u get the different icons? :o

Guest jusumgeezer

right, and i wuld install MCR throught CWM right?

and also, hav u tried litening rom?

thanks for ur help :)

Yep, just through CWM.

I tired loads of roms, I can't even remember the names, I think one which was based on litening, not sure which though

Guest barbarony62

wow, wat launcher r u using there? Adw?

how did u get the different icons? :o

[/quote

go launcher ex..... allows you to easliy change icons to anything you want.... downloaded a bunch of icons I like, and there you go....

with GL-EX you just long click an icon, and yu can change it to anything you download to your phone (and place anywhere...)

Edited by barbarony62

I am currently on Cognition 1.5.1, works like a charm. Ive tested alot of ROMs, and my favorite is Oxygen (get it at forum.oxygen.im), clean AOSP build. Only problem for me is no video out, so i am waiting for that to be supported, definately going back.

With my desire i always went back and forth between AOSP MCR and Oxygen, both are great ROMs :)

Guest Androidlover287

CM7 rom are it!!!

barbarony

How do i install Cynogen mod, via CWM? it crashes on the boot.

Guest barbarony62

How do i install Cynogen mod, via CWM? it crashes on the boot.

copied from XDA: go to the sgsII forum on "forum dot xda-developers dot com" (replace "dot" with ".")

Easy way:

• Start with a rooted device (do not ask us how to do this).
  • Install ROMManager Premium.
  • Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Pick Samsung Galaxy S2.
  • Make sure you can reboot into ClockworkMod recovery from ROMManager. Reboot and get back into ROMManager Premium.
  • Choose download ROMs.
  • Pick the CyanogenMod Nightlies.
  • Check the Google Apps addon.
  • Check Backup current ROM!
  • Check wipe data, cache, dalvik cache. (We're not kidding! Wipe)
  • Let ROMManager finish the installation.
    Harder way:
    • Make sure you're running a rooted device.
    • Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery
    • Do a Nandroid backup!
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition) - do it for real.
    • Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    • Optionally install the Google Addon (through ROMManager is easiest)

Looked at Alienware briefly but didn't like the look of it when I flashed it.

I've been running SensatioN 1.6 since pretty much 5 mins after rooting and I really like it. Other ROM I did like is LeoMar75 Revolution as very customisable but I found it slightly slower & more battery drain.