Which ROM is best?

Guest MrSwampy

Guest MrSwampy

well if it is still buggy i can highly recommend the Corvus5 rom

ive been using it as my rom for ages now and its very quick and very stable

It's definitely between Corvus5 and VC. Corvus5 seems to be a solid build and a safe bet, but as I'm new to tablets I'm afraid if I start on Corvus5 I might just stick with it! I'd rather try VC first and see if it works for me ;)

Cheers for the recommendation though, it's good to know there's a reliable plan b!

It's definitely between Corvus5 and VC. Corvus5 seems to be a solid build and a safe bet, but as I'm new to tablets I'm afraid if I start on Corvus5 I might just stick with it! I'd rather try VC first and see if it works for me ;)

Cheers for the recommendation though, it's good to know there's a reliable plan b!

Have faith and take the leap, vegacomb will give the vega such a boost, I found no issues apart from modded stock, I had to use modded stock v1 as the prefered choice of v2 left me boot looping, that was my only issue, what with 8.1 of its current incarnation having the camera working its as well rounded as you could ever want.

Just my two cents as it were, but if you do use either corvus5 or vegacomb, team newco will appreciate a donation!

Guest premieral

I've just gone back to Corvus5 SP1 as the touchscreen appears to loose calibration in the top half after a couple of days of Vegacomb (sometimes less).

I've paid for ADW Laucher. This gives more icons on the home screens (No idea what it's called) and generally a more polished feel. Most of the time you wouldn't know it's a 2.2 rom. I also quite like the split 'thumb board' that is standard in Corvus5. It's quick, it's stable, USB host mode works.. My apps work. So it doesn't look quite as pretty and I can't have resizeable widgets, but it works quite well.

Any other must haves for Corvus5? Widgets? Apps?

colorize widget gives you resizeable widgets

Confession time..

I have just swapped back to Vegacomb.. I couldn't get a USB reader to work, so I'll take my laptop on holiday! Vegacomb just looks better! It's smooth, it's quick, it's better.. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I enjoy the tablet more with Honeycomb.

Edited by sjrixon

Guest Svardskampe

Could someone confirm for me whether VegaComb works or doesn't work as a USB host. For example, I bought this case with my tablet with an integrated keyboard, as I want to use my tablet as a netbook as well. Will this or won't this work with Vegacomb or Corvus5?

Guest premieral

Could someone confirm for me whether VegaComb works or doesn't work as a USB host. For example, I bought this case with my tablet with an integrated keyboard, as I want to use my tablet as a netbook as well. Will this or won't this work with Vegacomb or Corvus5?

it wont work

1 other rom that no one seems to mention is cm7 which is stable, works flawlessly and is gingerbread not froyo.