A user on the XDA Dev Forums Subpsyke is able to compile from source the Android Porting the CyanogenMod 7.1 (RC1) for our leading Vodafone Smart Gingerbread 2.3.7.
The port is stable and all the hardware works fine. Only small defect external audio a little hard with the volume up while everything perfect in your headphones.
I have created a modified version of the base Subpsyke adding various things including the overclocked and underclocked all of my SmatLucky then the kernel. Also added various other fixes.
Flashing For my version is fine the Recovery you have now but if you want to flash the rom you'll have to upgrade its subpsyke Recovery Clockwork.
The Dual has become CyanoLucky fact you can install this rom into Smart U8160 & Ideos U8150. One rom for 2 Devices, double-kernel and custom directories. When you start the flash, my CyanoLucky SmartIdeos recognize to your device and installing the appropriate directory. The base of the rom is the same for both devices and will be to Subpsyke for the latest version of the Smart V 0.5 with some of my customizations. From custom rom Tilal6991 took some Lib-bin. From custom rom of Memories Killer took New Boot.img with USB Mount Fix.
For the Smart U8160 the biggest problem is the sound a little high but for the most serious Ideos have some bugs like FMRadio.
To install this new custom rom I tested the Recovery Clockwork of Subpsyke that the recognition of strings of the device. The Recovery Sebastina404 could not install the rom just not having this kind of recognition. So before you flash the CyanoLucky V2 install the Recovery of Subpsyke.
For the Ideos i have personally tested UltraJack Recovery v 6.2.2 but it certainly will be fine too Clockwork 5.0.
CyanogenMod 7.1 (RC1) "u8160" Port ----> by Subpsyke
Latest release: v0.5 [10 November 2011]
Latest Google Apps package: Here
Important: The Recovery of Clockwork Sebastian404 not compatible with the installation of this port because it uses a different encoding of the string Huawei. However, there will be two versions one basic and one of my staff that will be compatible with both Clockwork Recovery is to sebastian404 than to subpsyke.
DOWNLOAD CYANO SUBPSYKE only x SMART U8160:
The last Version Subpsyke v0.5: Here
DOWNLOAD CYANOLUCKY x SMART U8160 & IDEOS U8150
Version Mod. CyanoLucky SmartIdeos V4: Here
Version Mod. CyanoLucky SmartIdeos V3: Here
Version Mod. CyanoLucky SmartIdeos V2: Here
Latest Google Apps package: Here ----> For Market and all apps of Google. -----> Flash this .zip with Recovery and not needed of WIPE.
Subpsyke: Porting 100% CyanoCM7
Lucky76: ----> Mod. ver. of Subpsyke ----> Smart & Ideos
1. Dual Boot x Smart & Ideos
Ideos Boot.img ---> Memories Killer
Smart Boot.img ---> Lucky76
2. Custom Installation Files x Smart & Ideos
3. Added Huawei Backup
4. Added Launcher Pro
5. added QuickPic 1.5.0
6. Added Host expanded
7. Added Fix Facebook
8. Added expanded APNs
9. Added fix Memory
10. added Richpad
11. No-frills added CPU
12. Added Market 3.3.11.
13. Fix Icon CMstat
14. Better Audio ---> 90% Ideos/ 85% Smart ---> I think
---Section Bugs Smart U8160---
Bugs Hardware: Back button to be 1 or 2 mm to the left - Audio
---Section Bugs Ideos U8150---
Bugs Hardware: Audio - FMRadio
- ClockWorkMod Subpsyke ---> Ver. 220.127.116.11 V0.1 ---> Here ----> For all custom rom
- ClockWorkMod Sebastian404 ---> Ver 18.104.22.168 ---> For my custom rom SmartLucky
ClockworkMod22.214.171.124.zip ----> Installation Method A. Method to install for the First Time since the Original Recovery
recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-u8160-update_signed.zip ----> Installation method B. Upgrade the Recovery Method with Modified already installed on your very own device
A. To Install this recovery for the first time, follow the steps below:
1. Of course download the files to the above address peril Method A.
2. Unzip the file to your PC.
3. Turn off the device.
4. Turn on the device while pressing the Volume Down button + Power so as to come into fastboot mode as indicated at the beginning of this post.
5. Smart Connect with your PC via the USB cable supplied
6. From the downloaded zip folder run the install file-recovery-*, depending on the system you are using (Windows-Linux-Mac).
7. When installation is completed the Ideos will restart automatically, to verify that everything went the right way turn it off and go into recovery mode with the following combination of buttons: Volume Up + Power button pressing and holding them until they appear the new Recovery Mode.
B. If you already have installed on your Smart Recovery Modified Vodafone follow these instructions.
1. Download the update file for the method B.
2. Copy it to your microSD
3. Enter the Recovery
4. Flashing the file you just copied into your microSD as a normal custom ROM by following these steps.
5. Enter the menu "install zip from sdcard"
6. Enter the sub-menu "choose zip from sdcard"
7. Choose the file that you copied to upgrade your microSD
8. And then choose "Yes - Install recovery-clockwo ......"
9. Wait until the end of the installation
10. Restart your device.
--- Setup Guide ---
The setup is identical to that made to install the SmartLucky.
Council to have before installing the battery to 100% charge.
A. Copy the file into your microSD Download.zip.
B. Enter the modified Clockwork Recovery 188.8.131.52 or higher (current 184.108.40.206).
C. Do yourself a BackUp going in the menu "Backup and restore" button and choosing the starting of the engine to "BackUp". Ended up back track.
D. Go down the Volume Down button in the menu "Wipe data / factory reset" button and confirm with the starting of the engine. and get a new menu item and choose Yes - delete all user data.
E. Now go back to the main menu and go to the menu "Install zip from sdcard".
F. Inside the new drop down menu and confirm the "choose zip from sdcard".
G. Now you must choose and confirm the file Download.zip. Start the installation.
H. Wait for the end of the installation. At the end go back and choose the first menu item "reboot system now".
I. Done now will start as in the first sense. The first course will start a little slower
---Recovery only for Ideos U8150---
- UltraJack Recovery 6.2.2. ----> Here
• Kernel: https://github.com/psyke83/kernel_huawei_u8160
• Device: https://github.com/psyke83/android_device_huawei_u8160
SUBPSYKE: Dev of 1° the basis of this port
TILAL6991: Dev CyanogenMod 7.1 x Ideos
Lucky76: Dev of CyanoLucky
MEMORIES KILLER: Fix USB Mount Ideos with new boot.img
Ufficial link in this Post ---> Here
Link Subpsyke ---> Here
Link ClockWorkMod by Subspyke ---> Here
Link of CyanoLucky ---> Here
Link Lucky76 ---> Here
Ufficial Link of Tilal6991 ---> Here
Link IdeosTeam ----> Here
Ufficial Link Memories Killer ----> Here ----> Chinese to English
Edited by lucky76, 28 November 2011 - 12:07 PM.