Monfro CAE (ZTE leak 2.3.4) v3.1

Guest Monfro

Monfro CAE

I customized and upgraded CAE rom by Sami Beck, which is based on Burstlam's ZTE Gingerbread leak.

The kernel included is compiled by Burstlam and it is overclockable (No Frills CPU).

This rom is for GEN2 Blade only.

Here we are:

- New Kernel 2.5.1 by Burstlam (improves performances)

- Browser and Libs from ZTE Skate rom

- CRT Animation added

- Gallery 3D from CM7 (used also in GSF)

- Andorko FM Radio

- Theme: Circle Battery Mod (green), No Overscroll Glow, Green Bars

- Launcher Pro

- ZTE Emode Helper (to calibrate sensors)

- updated Maps to 5.10.1

- update Youtube to 2.2.16

- updated Market to 3.1.5

- Spare Parts Plus

- No Frills CPU 1.13.2

- Dialer2 (predictive T9 dialer with aosp graphics; to use with CM7 dialer)

- Build.prop edited for Gameloft HD games (manufacturer HTC)

Download MONFRO CAE V3.1 (Mediafire)

Download MONFRO CAE V3.1 (Hotfile)

MD5: F8C55F7885BEDF961C0A9731E9805ADE

If you want AOSP contacts/dialer/message download CM7 Dialer.

Install it with Clockworkmod after you boot the rom for the first time (no whipes required to install CM7 dialer, just install zip).

If you want Notification Power Widget download one of these zip and install it with ClockWorkMod (wipe cache and dalvik, then install from zip).

Install Notification Power Widget after you boot the rom the first time.

Thanks to KonstaT everybody can choose the version that suits best his needs.

If you want to install both Notification Power Widget and CM7 dialer, install first Notification Power Widget, restart, and then CM7 dialer.

395581e0a939e580b81a0a7bdcb7fcafb36bf5800ec07beb59f3cc5061b845ec6g.jpg

16e137591680e43cb36f3431c3f2ae23f1353a7eee7d17790e8d6f32045fa6856g.jpg

02815e5725d894d07a04d9567dcb61840ac317bca9e4a8dce1f7482ca2a4278c6g.jpg

Old Releases:

Download MONFRO CAE V3

MD5: D6E083724DD77E56E1A0C1FBF3D98768

Download MONFRO CAE v2.5.1

MD5: 12A78EC6E16B519EA9DADF5AEA33E1A5

Edited by Monfro

Changelog V3.1 (30-09-2011):

- updated Portuguese translations (Camera)

- updated Maps to 5.10.1

Changelog V3 (27-09-2011):

- Radio FM working (Andorko FM Radio 0.5)

- Gallery 3D from CM7 (used also in GSF): really faster!!

- Browser, libs and some bytes from ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo) official rom

- Other tweaks and fixes and improvements

Changelog V2.5.1 (23-09-2011):

- Kernel updated to Burstlam's 2.5.1 (improves performances, even more than 2.4.4)

- No Frills CPU updated to 1.13.2

- Gmail updated to 2.3.5

- Market updated to 3.1.5

Changelog V2 (18-09-2011):

- New Kernel 2.4.4 by Burstlam (improves performances)

- updated Market to 3.1.3

- removed Quick Setting

- removed ZTE Alarm (it doesn't work well with CRT Animations)

Edited by Monfro

Guest wishmasterf

First release was posted in CAE thread.

Changelog V2 (18-09-2011):

- New Kernel 2.4.4 by Burstlam (improves performances)

- updated Market to 3.1.3

- removed Quick Setting

- removed ZTE Alarm (it doesn't work well with CRT Animations)

Kernel 2.4.4? Very Old. You mean Kernel 2.6.35?

Should really credit me and burstlam and provide links to our pages.

I can't see a link to burstlam's pages in your thread either. Nothing about whose kernel you're using. Nothing about that 2.3.3 you claim to have taken system apps from.

Guest cicciopuzzo

Hy, i've some questions for you (sorry for my english):

- this rom is smooth and fast like CAE 1.1 or 1.2?

- if i upgrade from CAE 1.1 can i full wipe?

- how can i delete the launcher pro from the rom (is possible erase the file in the ROM)?

Guest Sami Beck

I can't see a link to burstlam's pages in your thread either. Nothing about whose kernel you're using. Nothing about that 2.3.3 you claim to have taken system apps from.

I meant credit and they were pulled from the nexus stock rom whats your issue?

Monfro CAE

I customized and upgraded CAE rom by Sami Beck, which is based on Burstlam's ZTE Gingerbread leak.

The kernel included is compiled by Burstlam and it is overclockable (No Frills CPU).

Hy, i've some questions for you (sorry for my english):

- this rom is smooth and fast like CAE 1.1 or 1.2?

- if i upgrade from CAE 1.1 can i full wipe?

- how can i delete the launcher pro from the rom (is possible erase the file in the ROM)?

- Kernel 2.4.4 by Burstlam improves performances, so this should make the rom faster and smoother

- A full wipe is always recommended when installing a new rom. Since this rom is base on CAE, you can try to install it wiping only dalvik+cache and formatting System (make a backup before installing), there are good chances it will work well.

- do not remove Launcher Pro from rom! If you don't like it, download another one from the market. When you will press home button you will be asked to start one of the launcher installed and you can choose what you want to be the default one for you.

Since i posted here and on XDA in the first post i gave credit to you and Burstlam, for doing the main work, as other users pointed.

I see that in CAE thread you gave credit the same exact way as me, without links.

You made a great work with CAE: it is my preferred rom.

Monfro CAE is CAE rom as i use it, with some customizations and updates. I decided to make it public because i thought there could be other people that could like and use it.

Guest Sami Beck

- Kernel 2.4.4 by Burstlam improves performances, so this should make the rom faster and smoother

- A full wipe is always recommended when installing a new rom. Since this rom is base on CAE, you can try to install it wiping only dalvik+cache and formatting System (make a backup before installing), there are good chances it will work well.

- do not remove Launcher Pro from rom! If you don't like it, download another one from the market. When you will press home button you will be asked to start one of the launcher installed and you can choose what you want to be the default one for you.

Since i posted here and on XDA in the first post i gave credit to you and Burstlam, for doing the main work, as other users pointed.

I see that in CAE thread you gave credit the same exact way as me, without links.

You made a great work with CAE: it is my preferred rom.

Monfro CAE is CAE rom as i use it, with some customizations and updates. I decided to make it public because i thought there could be other people that could like and use it.

Yep, Glad you made it.

Guest cicciopuzzo

Thanks... I've seen that: is out the version 2.5 of the blade kernel... Is incoming a new rom with that kernel (Monfro CAE 3)?

Thanks... I've seen that: is out the version 2.5 of the blade kernel... Is incoming a new rom with that kernel (Monfro CAE 3)?

Burstlam is still working on it (today he released 2.5.1), so i will wait some days before releasing another rom.

I want also to try the kernel before releasing a new rom...and Burstlam is too fast in releasing :).

I hope there will be more things to update, other than the kernel.

Hi Monfro :)

I like U'r ROM very much and it's a great news that U're about to publish the next release soon. THX for U'r great work, keep it up pls :)

Just one thing; would it be a great pain for U to forge - either as an "in ROM" mod or as an optional addon - a "Power Menu" including "Reboot" and "Reboot to Recovery" options beside the usual ones?

Cheers

Hi Monfro :)

I like U'r ROM very much and it's a great news that U're about to publish the next release soon. THX for U'r great work, keep it up pls :)

Just one thing; would it be a great pain for U to forge - either as an "in ROM" mod or as an optional addon - a "Power Menu" including "Reboot" and "Reboot to Recovery" options beside the usual ones?

Cheers

Both v1 and v2 have Power Menu with Reboot and Clockwork options.

I feel it very useful and it is there as default.

Changelog V2.5.1 (23-09-2011):

- Kernel updated to Burstlam's 2.5.1 (improves performances, even more than 2.4.4)

- No Frills CPU updated to 1.13.2

- Gmail updated to 2.3.5

- Market updated to 3.1.5

Guest Gaurav Lko

Installed this ROM over the stock 2.2 (Dell XCD35 - India). Since this is the first custom ROM that I have tried, I can't really compare with others but its been an absolutely smooth and fast (in comparo to the stock 2.2) Gingerbread experience till now. Been only 10 hrs since installation so cannot comment on the battery life et al but could not find any bugs till now.

Thanks to the OP and others for this amazing ROM. Cheers !!!!

P.S. Rep added

Edited by Gaurav Lko

Guest rukanito

i installed your rom and its very good. the only problem is the radio app - error: "the application FM Radio (process com.android.fm) has stopped unexpectedly. Plese try again". any solution

thanks

Guest Gaurav Lko

i installed your rom and its very good. the only problem is the radio app - error: "the application FM Radio (process com.android.fm) has stopped unexpectedly. Plese try again". any solution

thanks

Yeah radio app has some issue. Checked the app after I read this post and it indeed shows this error.

thanks

24th Sep 2011 - Patcher Version 2.5.2

download link : Press Here

md5 : cec45ac045621df71e4323974e5cda0c

SHA1 : 8408eee9b7474db6d002b65c2e517b2810acdfe5

Change Log:

v2.5.2 (24th Sep 2011)

- Compiled with GCC Arm Toolchain 4.5.4 with optimized Cflags

- More fix picked from CAF

- Drop BFS for now as it breaks multimedia decoding. Rollback to CFS Scheduler (yet cgroups is troubling performance...)

need to work from scratch again.

Probably the problem is caused by BFS in kernel 2.5.1.

It makes the phone faster, but it gives this problem with multimedia.

Burstlam fixed it in 2.5.2 kernel, going back to CFS.

I haven't decided yet: update now the rom with 2.5.2 kernel, or wait a few days for another kernel release.

Monfro i have a question about the keyboard: using the standard gingerbread keyboard, there is inside the italian corrector (like T9)?

Sincerely speaking: i don't remember!! :)

I use GO Keyboard, that i consider the best Android keyboard, and it is free!! Try it!!

A lot of users use different keyboards...i think that a few people use Android stock keyboard.

Guest rukanito

Probably the problem is caused by BFS in kernel 2.5.1.

It makes the phone faster, but it gives this problem with multimedia.

Burstlam fixed it in 2.5.2 kernel, going back to CFS.

I haven't decided yet: update now the rom with 2.5.2 kernel, or wait a few days for another kernel release.

this patch doesnt solves the problem...

can you try this patch and see if it works or not?

thanks

Edited by rukanito