Monfro CAE (ZTE leak 2.3.4) v3.1

Guest Monfro

The only thing I would suggest is perhaps some more optimization (speed increase) during UI scrolling and all.

It's relatively fast now, but WhatsApp for example scrolling is a bit stuttering (nothing too serious, but it can be a bit annoying as GSF seemed to give a more... fluid look to it).

Give the rom some hours to settle.

I also have seen that in the first 2-3 hours V3 is slower, but after everything is cached it become faster.

You're welcome ;)

what is "AOSP contacts/dialer/message download CM7 Dialer"? can you post some screens?

thanks

You need it if you want internet call and facebook sync, but you will lose predictive T9 in zte dialer: for this reason i have cooked dialer2, to use with AOSP/CM7 package.

AOSP dialer: http://www.androidgamespro.com/static/pic12/phone_dialer-kzk-2_02-screenshot0.jpg

Strange...what Clockworkmod you have on your phone?

Every version above 3 should work. Try to change it.

I suggest cwm 4 with gui by PhoTom, it is the one i have installed.

i have the latest version running from market....but i'll try a diff version :) thanks

btw the number on the benchmarks are really impressive man!! keep it up :D

Guest rukanito

i have the latest version running from market....but i'll try a diff version :) thanks

btw the number on the benchmarks are really impressive man!! keep it up :D

i have the latest version and iworks good!

Edited by rukanito

Guest rukanito

i found a bug! I guess...

when i staying on menu and rotate the blade (vertical to horizontal), icons stay on top of each other, but if a rotate the blade (vertical to horizontal) before going to the menu, the icons are ok.

Guest Lord_Snake

On this new version, can we install an alarm that works??

Because on the last versions the alarm didn't worked wright. I was thinking on going back to GSF. If it all works, I'll try it and keep. If not, don't want to came back to this... One of the things that I really need, is that the alarm be accurate...

By the way, which version of the kernel is being used? 2.5.1?

And just one suggestion: Monfro could you please change the green of the scrollbars to the AOSP or at least for the normal Gingerbread green?

Thanks and keep the nice work!

Guest survietamine

On this new version, can we install an alarm that works??

hello, I installed v2.5.1 and didn't find clock/alarm app.

I've installed a alarm clock app from Market to wake me up the morning.

I hope Monfro will add the power widget from CM7 in the future releases and also remove launcher pro.

I don't understand why people like so much Launcher pro.

I prefer so much Go Launcher EX, which one is more often updated, has more features, run smoothly and is free.

Guest survietamine

But I've installed also an alarm from market and it doesn't work well.

I'm using Alarm clock plus v4.6, and it works as expected.

When I used CM7, I did appreciate the one that is shipped within.

Many alarm programs I tested from Market are so cheap looking and with weird features.

I tried G-Alarm, Gentle Alarm, and some more.

They all worked, I use mp3 files to wake me up.

Guest rukanito

Go Launcher EX is the most beautiful launcher, but the LauncherPro is smoother than Go launcher

EDIT: or maybe are equal in speed terms

i changed my to Go Launcher EX and i dont regret

Edited by rukanito

Guest Lord_Snake

This V3 has nothing to do with V2.5.1. That version was full of bugs to me. Don't know why.

This new is so much better!!

Just hope that you change the fancy green that you use on scrollbars, indicators etc to the AOSP green (the green of the battery become the one of the wifi/network):

395581e0a939e580b81a0a7.jpg

(On my OLED that green looks so ugly)

Thanks for the excellent ROM.

Edited by Lord_Snake

Guest survietamine

Just hope that you change the fancy green...

(On my OLED that green looks so ugly)

The color used for scrollbar looks like "lime".

It's true that it is very flashy, but I don't dislike it.

I think that instead of remove it, Monfro should propose themes.

Guest ScSi_009

Hi Monfro

good ROM, but got few remarks;

- could the the lime green on the scroll bars be changed to something that is more relaxing for the eye?

- I get an error on the XT9 Text Input (process com.nuance.xt9.input) has stopped unexpectedly. COuld you please check on that as well?

hey

am getting the following in CWM when i try to install this rom

"installing update...

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")

E: error in /sdcard/monfro cae v3.zip

(status 7)

installation aborted.

"

any idea what im doing wrng??? ive already checked the md5 sum of the file i downloaded... getting the same error in v2 and v3 zip.... :(

I am also getting the same error. Have checked MD5, downloaded zip again, format syste/data/cache, and it still doesn't work. CW is 3.0.2.7

EDIT: also doesn't work with latest CW, 5.0.2.0.

Do I have to format the boot partition too (as the error is at copying boot.img) ?

Edited by DVDeus

I am also getting the same error. Have checked MD5, downloaded zip again, format syste/data/cache, and it still doesn't work. CW is 3.0.2.7

EDIT: also doesn't work with latest CW, 5.0.2.0.

Do I have to format the boot partition too (as the error is at copying boot.img) ?

Very strange...i don't know why it happens.

You can format also boot, to see if it helps, then wipe dalvik (from advanced).

I read somewhere 15-30 days ago of people having problems installing CM7...problems that sound similar to this one.

I don't remember the solution...

Yeah well all of that has been done prior to flashing, just boot format has not been. If I do it, I cant afford to restart the phone, right? So in case that installing your ROM still doesn't work, I have to cross my fingers that nandroid will be successfully restored. Right? :)

Well, the problem exists. Format the boot partition, but the same error apears after few seconds. Now restoring nandroid backup..

I have found other post in other threads with similar issues.

It was said to use this guide:

After that original posters said nothing (if they found a solution or not).

Your phone was gen1 (updated with tpt by wbaw) or gen2?

Will check the link. It was gen1 updated with wbaw TPT to gen2.

EDIT: thanks for the link, but unfortunatelly nothing useful found. Will check mr. google...

Looks like the boot partition is too small. I've checked both boot.img (yours and BlueGinger V5), and it is ~3MB against ~5MB. That could be a reason. Any solution?

Edited by DVDeus

Will check the link. It was gen1 updated with wbaw TPT to gen2.

EDIT: thanks for the link, but unfortunatelly nothing useful found. Will check mr. google...

Looks like the boot partition is too small. I've checked both boot.img (yours and BlueGinger V5), and it is ~3MB against ~5MB. That could be a reason. Any solution?

Good work finding the cause of the problem.

The kernel is bigger because it is customized and refined by Burstlam after ZTE Skate source code was released.

I also have a Gen1 updated with wbaw's TPT in may/june (160mb system), and the boot partition is enough (everything installs fine).

Probably you updated with an older version. If so, TPTing again with one of the latest versions should solve the problem.

Well no matter what I do, it seems like I am doing it wrong. I have TPT it again with V9 from wbaw, and the problem remains the same. Should I first convert it to gen1 and then back to gen2? Because I have just run the gen1>gen2 conversion again, although the phone is already gen2. Maybe nothing has been done?

Guest Lord_Snake

good ROM, but got few remarks;

- could the the lime green on the scroll bars be changed to something that is more relaxing for the eye?

- I get an error on the XT9 Text Input (process com.nuance.xt9.input) has stopped unexpectedly. COuld you please check on that as well?

I also have this bug. When I selected the XT9 keyboard, it just stopped and I had to reboot. Then I just eliminated the XT9 apk file in system/apps.

Other bug that I found on this ROM is also related to the keyboard - when I have the querty selected, if I press a key, to select the secondary key (ex: press "Q" to select "1"), the key doesn't do nothing. To select a number for example, I have to first select numeric keyboard and then choose the number.

Also, the translations aren't the best. I've saw this also on the first versions of GSF, that was quickly corrected: with the portuguese language, the camera and video recorder are in "brazilian pt".

About the rest, this is the best Blade ROM at the moment for me. Thank you Monfro!

Well no matter what I do, it seems like I am doing it wrong. I have TPT it again with V9 from wbaw, and the problem remains the same. Should I first convert it to gen1 and then back to gen2? Because I have just run the gen1>gen2 conversion again, although the phone is already gen2. Maybe nothing has been done?

Maybe partitioning the memory with windows...but it worked for me when i TPTed with wbaw's program.

Maybe now it recognised it as GEN2 and does nothing...or maybe there is some other difference in your phone (ZTE released blades with a lot of different pieces of hardware...and is hard to have everything working for all...for example i have read here also of a gen1 without fastboot working).

I also have this bug. When I selected the XT9 keyboard, it just stopped and I had to reboot. Then I just eliminated the XT9 apk file in system/apps.

Other bug that I found on this ROM is also related to the keyboard - when I have the querty selected, if I press a key, to select the secondary key (ex: press "Q" to select "1"), the key doesn't do nothing. To select a number for example, I have to first select numeric keyboard and then choose the number.

Also, the translations aren't the best. I've saw this also on the first versions of GSF, that was quickly corrected: with the portuguese language, the camera and video recorder are in "brazilian pt".

About the rest, this is the best Blade ROM at the moment for me. Thank you Monfro!

XT9 is there mainly because is an app that ZTE leaked rom looks at. ZTE developers integrated it in rom, and the system wants it. This is why you should not remove it.

Other than that...don't use it...it is quite a bad keyboard.

Also android stock is not that good.

I suggest to use GO Keyboard: imo it is the best keyboard available for android...and it is free!!!

I use only GO Keyboard.

For the Portuguese translation: i remember a user fixed it. I will search his files and update it in next release.

Maybe partitioning the memory with windows...but it worked for me when i TPTed with wbaw's program.

Maybe now it recognised it as GEN2 and does nothing...or maybe there is some other difference in your phone (ZTE released blades with a lot of different pieces of hardware...and is hard to have everything working for all...for example i have read here also of a gen1 without fastboot working).

The funny thing is, that I am only trying your rom as I wanna see the difference in battery drain while in GSM Only mode. Now I installed CAE v1.3 without problem, because the boot.img is smaller (~3MB). As your rom is based on it, it really doesn't matter which one I try to figure out the battery drain.

Thanks again for the "cooperation" ;)