19 Aug Gr5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II FREE Online Kitchen testing

Guest PaulOBrien

I am currently testing a FREE Online Kitchen for my Gr5 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (details of which can be found here).

The kitchen can be found in the post below. Please use this post for Online Kitchen related feedback and the main MCR post for ROM feedback.

Please note that this is very much in the testing phase at present, so no warranties are made as to it's performance and it may be offline periodically for changes.

Cheers! :)

P

Guest Androidlover287

I think it's great to have a free kitchen, but it should be a privilege for Modaco Ad free and Modaco Plus only, This is my opinion though, it doesn't mean anything.

all in all it's a nice gesture Paul, You Love your community :) That's good to see.

Please don't take this as negative/offensive, I find this as constructive positive feedback.

Edited by Androidlover287

I think it's great to have a free kitchen, but it should be a privilege for Modaco Ad free and Modaco Plus only, This is my opinion though, it doesn't mean anything.

all in all it's a nice gesture Paul, You Love your community :) That's good to see.

Please don't take this as negative/offensive, I find this as constructive positive feedback.

There will be feature differences between the two kitchens for sure!

For example - the free kitchen queues up and e-mails links, the premium kitchen provides instant downloads. There will be other differences too, and not all ROMs will have free kitchens.

P

Guest davidhorn

Hi Paul - good news, the emails have stopped. I got about 8 with the "Core" link, and then the 9th contained the "Options" link.

However, haven't had much success getting it going on my GS2. Wiped, installed the core followed by the options pack, but the phone won't start. Stays stuck on the first loading screen (the one that usually has the yellow triangle). Wiping and then installing just the "Core" package allows the ROM to boot. Is there a log or anything saved that I can send you?

Edit: OK, so installing the Core, rebooting, and then installing the Options pack is a bad idea. Can't get into ClockworkMod anymore. *Fires up ODIN*

Edited by davidhorn

Guest Androidlover287

There will be feature differences between the two kitchens for sure!

For example - the free kitchen queues up and e-mails links, the premium kitchen provides instant downloads. There will be other differences too, and not all ROMs will have free kitchens.

P

Thank you for the update, can't wait for GR6 :)

Edited by Androidlover287

Guest davidhorn

Getting there - got a stock install back on the phone and have tried again with a new bake. Taken a couple of hours because I've had to install Windows on my Macbook.

It'll install the core but fails on the option pack straight away with error code 6.

Edit: Ah, I see the options pack has already disappeared from FileSonic. Giving up!

Edited by davidhorn

Damn, it's amazing what 1 missing character from a line can do. ;)

I've just baked up a handful of test ROMs which have flashed with no issues, so please feel free to retry and report back!

P

Guest davidhorn

Damn, it's amazing what 1 missing character from a line can do. ;)

I've just baked up a handful of test ROMs which have flashed with no issues, so please feel free to retry and report back!

P

D'oh! Third time lucky... :)

Guest robot1000

Tried 2 cooked ROMS on my GS2 and both failed to boot after installation. I was stuck with the Galaxy S II startup logo

The 'Gr5-update-modacocustomrom-galaxys2-core' one seemed to work fine.

Any ideas why that would be?

Edit

All working fine now, I flashed the cooked ROM over the 'update' and it seems to work

Edited by robot1000