Photo

<< LINK2SD GUIDE >> (UPDATED PLEASE READ)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Hello,

i need help , i tried to follow the guide to the link2sd however now my phone can't recognize my sd card and so my computer. what can i do ? how can i revert it ?

thank's

Elad

reformat in partition wizard

ellevy12

ellevy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE

reformat in partition wizard

Hi tillaz , thank's for your help. how can i see the sd card in 'partition wizard' if it wont recognize on my computer ?<div><br></div><div>i will explain : i think i can't see SD card on computer since i can't mount it on my phone and this is because it wont recognize on my phone. does it mean i need to use Micro sd card reader to connect to PC and then format ?</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp;thank's

Elad

</div>

Edited by ellevy12, 13 February 2012 - 08:50 PM.

sonofignorance

sonofignorance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
Hey guys could do with some help. Trying to get through this tutorial with my second SD card (32gb). I followed the partionning section to the key except getting the partion to 507.54 exactly. Ended up with 3 partions 1. 30.5gb fat32 primary 2. 495mb apx fat32 primary 3. 15mb logical. I don't know if this is the problem but when open link2sd and I selected Fat32 it says the following:

Mount script error

mount script cannot be ceated.

Mount: Invalid argument

and it didn't tell me to reboot.

Thanks

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate ( by Medion )
Hello

I'm using Link2Sd for a while now ( since more or less the day I have the ZTE Skate , because of the poor 162Mb of internal memory reserved for the apps )

I'm pretty happy with it .. except after each reboot of the device ... the 2nd partition is not mounted at start-up
I have to do "fast reboot" once or twice ... to have it back and get back all my apps that are linked to the SD.

I should maybe try Atomic V5 (or V6) , to see if it's the same ( compare to V4 )

ellevy12

ellevy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
Hi all,

i managed to work out the tutorial !!
however , i have a question about the internal memory : i have about 87 MB used and i dont know how to free them up. any suggestions ?

DiscoFred78

DiscoFred78

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Now then chaps, I am just getting over big Shola's goal, he has done his bit again, time to put him back in his box until next season :D

Anyhow my real question is this... Is there any point to changing the system/data partitions using the TPT's, if I use the LINK2SD method and link the data onto the SD card? It seems to make it redundant to me, unless I am missing something.

Cheers :)

Edited by DiscoFred78, 04 March 2012 - 03:29 PM.

DiscoFred78

DiscoFred78

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Anyone? :)

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Now then chaps, I am just getting over big Shola's goal, he has done his bit again, time to put him back in his box until next season :D

Anyhow my real question is this... Is there any point to changing the system/data partitions using the TPT's, if I use the LINK2SD method and link the data onto the SD card? It seems to make it redundant to me, unless I am missing something.

Cheers :)

yes, because its gives you an extra 50mb+ internal storage, always good to have but not mandatory

JetKun

JetKun

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
  • Twitter:@stephenfry
It's not an automatic installation to the sd-ext, is it?
(I'm using an EXT3 partition)

Pillhead

Pillhead

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
is there any way of doing things easily when you upgrade the sd card?

im waiting for a 32gb one to arrive and dont want to have to reinstall the whole rom and start the process again

Sharkface

Sharkface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Just tried this for the first time, but after following this part:

- click & hold the end of the bar (right hand side) and drag it back untill the unallocated space after: says 507.54 MB then press ok

- now right click on the unallocated box underneath F: press create then yes

I now see 2 unallocated spaces:

Posted Image

What should I do?

Also, is it a problem that my card is automatically assigned to G: (as opposed to F:) ?? I only mention this because tillaz made a point of saying it should be F:

Edited by Sharkface, 17 April 2012 - 09:10 PM.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Just tried this for the first time, but after following this part:

I now see 2 unallocated spaces:

Posted Image

What should I do?

Also, is it a problem that my card is automatically assigned to G: (as opposed to F:) ?? I only mention this because tillaz made a point of saying it should be F:

Try to have no unallocated space, so the space before your new partition should be 0. Otherwise you won't have 9 GB's of wasted space. You can resize your G-partition with a slider if you resize it again. So unallocated space before should be 0, behind about 500 MB. Tillaz makes a point of just the right amount of space, but I've reformatted several SD-cards by now and it only has to be approximately 500 MB. As long as you end up with 2 partitions, the second of the primary type, everything's fine. Don't be afraid to break your card, it can take that kind of stuff :).

The drive letter doesn't matter at all. It's just to make sure you have the right drive. You don't want to accidentally format the hard disk of your pc :). You can change drive letters in the control center of your pc, but that's not important for this guide.

Can you finish it now? :)

Sharkface

Sharkface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Can you finish it now? :)

I can indeed. It's done (I think) - many thanks.

JockeSve

JockeSve

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for a great guide tillaz!! Posted Image

@Mod:
This topic should be pinned!

][ ZTE Skate ][ RootBox ][

Sharkface

Sharkface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Got it working great now.

Just one question:

Is an App2SD application now completely redundant with Link2SD installed?

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Got it working great now.

Just one question:

Is an App2SD application now completely redundant with Link2SD installed?

Yes, Link2SD also supports native App2SD, so if you want to move apps to your SD in that way, you can use Link2SD as well. The command "move app to SD" is actually just Froyo App2SD.

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate
Great guide thanks. Need Help Though:

I'm a bit stuck now - I just unlocked my phone and it seems to have reset it to factory settings which I wasnt expecting.
I installed superboot and again too root it - but now I can't find or install any apps I used to have as googleplay store says they are already installed on the phone and I can see them in my 500mb sd partition but not on the internal memory. I can't even install link2sd or root uninstaller

Edited by MadeInMachines, 03 May 2012 - 08:38 PM.

Flo 1809

Flo 1809

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I have problem. I have done all these steps but I have only 507 MB avaiable the other 3,5 GB from my 4GB I cant use.
What can I do?

Sorry if i have made mistakes, I am from Austria. :-)

e.miron

e.miron

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei G300

Hi, I have problem. I have done all these steps but I have only 507 MB avaiable the other 3,5 GB from my 4GB I cant use.
What can I do?

Sorry if i have made mistakes, I am from Austria. :-)

First you have to post what ROM are you using. If CM7 then better use S2E , is less complicated

Edited by e.miron, 20 May 2012 - 02:34 PM.

www.lenutavelasdecorativas.blogspot.com

Flo 1809

Flo 1809

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I use CM 9.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users