Uninstalled Market by accident...

Guest Glanni

Hi

Me stupid uninstalled market from my LG2X with TitaniumBackup. It took me so long to bring my phone to the recent status. It works like charme and I dont want to flash and wipe it again. But I need the market.

Is there any way to get it back on my phone (fr 19 vanilla)?

Please help me!

Thank you

Edited by Glanni

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi

Me stupid uninstalled market from my LG2X with TitaniumBackup. It took me so long to bring my phone to the recent status. It works like charme and I dont want to flash and wipe it again. But I need the market.

Is there any way to get it back on my phone (fr 19 vanilla)?

Please help me!

Thank you

Hi Glanni, no problem. Simply download the Gapps .zip file, stick it on your SD card, and flash it in recovery mode, I'm assuming you have Clockwork recovery installed? Flash, reboot, and then all should be back to normal. I hope this helps.

Have fun. Anil

Gapps Link Click me

PS. Use the first file in the download table. The one for CyanogenMod 7 should work fine.

Edited by Anil K Solanki

Do you want the apk? (You are still logged in with Google?) Answer me and I'll post it.

yes everything is as it was before. i am logged in with my google account on my phone. but i uninstalled market via titaniumbackup... and now its gone.

Guest PhilNelwyn

yes everything is as it was before. i am logged in with my google account on my phone. but i uninstalled market via titaniumbackup... and now its gone.

Do you have the pro version of Titanium Backup ?

Guest Anil K Solanki

Use ADB to push this to /system/app and reboot

Hi Rusty, wouldn't simply reflashing the current ROM replace any missing apps, but without losing any user settings? But, I suppose Glanni may have dumped some apps which may have led to this current situation.

Anil

Guest Anil K Solanki

just extract vending apk from the rom zip and place in system(apps)

reboot and sorted :)

Hi pledgedroid, your suggestion would be great if Glanni wasn't new to this. The very fact this question is being asked says a lot. Simply reflashing the ROM will be the simplest ruote for a novice.

Anil

copy and paste the vending.apk to the system app path would do, dont waste your time flash over again.

all you need, search for the market app on xda, copy to your external sd, copy the vending.apk to system app path using e.g."root explorer".

Guest plegdroid

Hi pledgedroid, your suggestion would be great if Glanni wasn't new to this. The very fact this question is being asked says a lot. Simply reflashing the ROM will be the simplest ruote for a novice.

Anil

hi Anil, the suggestion was not intended to cause Glanni any confusion, it was just a suggestion to the specific question asked, yes if market is contained in the rom Glanni was to reflash with a over the top flash would work, but Glanni,s posts didn't suggest this, I hope Glanni can honestly find away of getting market back in away that that he/she wants it done :)