* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

sonofclevblue

sonofclevblue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Sorry if this isn't in the right place, but I am trying to find out if anyone has ever used one of these tablets from Amazon and whether it's worth buying.

Obvisouly I don't expect the world for 70 quid, but it's only for my kids for Christmas.

Any input would be welcome.

Thank you

andysee

andysee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Crescent TMV, Blade OSF
I just discovered this device too.
Did you get any advice from anywhere and have you bought one ?

I followed the Amazon thread full of firmware update trials and tribulations which was interesting and amusing
But would really love an opinion from a modaco expert and any comparison to say the ZTE V9

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade

I just discovered this device too.
Did you get any advice from anywhere and have you bought one ?

I followed the Amazon thread full of firmware update trials and tribulations which was interesting and amusing
But would really love an opinion from a modaco expert and any comparison to say the ZTE V9

Don't buy it its a scam (They say it supports flash 10.1 but it doesn't it uses the same hack that is used by the ZTE blade etc to run it on armv6)

I wouldn't buy on principle from someone like that who is basically lying in the description.

No GPU / GPS resistive screen.

From the Carphone Warehouse you can get the archos 70 for £99.99 at the moment (No GPS but it has a proper capacitive screen an armv7 processor and I think overall its a far far better buy.)

If you must have a chinese tablet get the mips ICS one NOVO7.

The single most useful component is a capacitive screen.

Jonas.suchanek

Jonas.suchanek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, NATPC tablet
I just bought it, and love it! i think its well worth the money. looking forward to a custom rom though, which is bound to come soon....the way they are selling like hot cakes on amazon!

Jonas.suchanek

Jonas.suchanek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, NATPC tablet

Don't buy it its a scam (They say it supports flash 10.1 but it doesn't it uses the same hack that is used by the ZTE blade etc to run it on armv6)

I wouldn't buy on principle from someone like that who is basically lying in the description.

No GPU / GPS resistive screen.

From the Carphone Warehouse you can get the archos 70 for £99.99 at the moment (No GPS but it has a proper capacitive screen an armv7 processor and I think overall its a far far better buy.)

If you must have a chinese tablet get the mips ICS one NOVO7.

The single most useful component is a capacitive screen.

The new version does have a capacitive screen, that is quite responsive actually. no complaints there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users