Favourite ROM?

Guest NeBlackCat

Guest NeBlackCat

I just got a lovely new LMT and signed up, and I'm already mind boggled by the various options of ROMs available - there are obviously some clever people here!

I couldn't find anything comparing and contrasting them, so I thought I'd start this thread.

What's your favourite ROM and why? What do you think are the various merits and limitations of each, compared to the others, based on your knowledge and/or personal usage? For example in speed, stability and features. I guess this applies to the various leaked Acer ROMs, as well as the custom ROMs that sit on top of each.

Edited by NeBlackCat

I like the t&l ROM, mainly because I can have a very plain (stock Android) interface i.e. without any of the Acer modifications.

In terms of speed I find it's quick, very stable and has a good set of features. I can't compare it to any other ROM's since I haven't used any others aside from the Stock Froyo one which wasn't too bad.

I think LauncherPro is actually smoother on this ROM compared to the stock Launcher.

Guest scotth324

I like the t&l rom as well. I have tried gingerouney and used it for a while but I wanted something lighter and simpler. I've tried many different roms and this version t&l is the smoothest and runs the wireless connections the best. I'm looking forward to t&l 2.3.5.

Guest NeBlackCat

I like the t&l ROM, mainly because I can have a very plain (stock Android) interface i.e. without any of the Acer modifications.

In terms of speed I find it's quick, very stable and has a good set of features. I can't compare it to any other ROM's since I haven't used any others aside from the Stock Froyo one which wasn't too bad.

I think LauncherPro is actually smoother on this ROM compared to the stock Launcher.

That's the one I chose, more at random than anything else. I've spotted a few issues but nothing show-stopping:

1) Battery calibration doesn't seem right - the quoted batter charge status plummets from 50 down to 20, then takes ages to go from 20 to 0. Maybe that'll fix itself over time.

2) I may have some touchscreen calibration issues. I seem to have to touch slightly higher than the target point, the further up the screen I go.

3) I had some wifi issues where it just wouldn't connect, then it started working again. I don't know why. It happened just after I installed the app pack.

4) Link2sd doesn't seem to work at all. It always fails to move the Dalvik cache for an app (claiming link already exists), and claims it's linked the actual app into my EXT2 partition, but later shows it as unlinked. And I'm down to 60MB free after installing the first few of my standard apps.

Anyone else using link2sd with any success?

Other than those I'm loving it - smooth and stable so far. From the comments here so far, I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth trying any of the others? At least until Acer release the kernel code anyway.