Home upgrading the rom to counter issues

Guest ChromeNewt

Guest ChromeNewt

Hi all

I've been using my Andy pad pro for a few days now and I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I can tell the guts inside it have potential. Games run well. On the other hand typing is so very laggy, and requiring me to type with one finger at 2 characters a second or it skips. Browsing is like doing so through treacle. And the original purpose was as a book reader to replace my hordes of rpg rule books into one convenient slate. Very laggy indeed.

Now I had the same when I got my orange San Francisco / zte blade, but after the cyanogen rom it became my favourite device of all time. With the recent backlash regarding the gapps will this result in less of a community developing around it? Should I return it now or show support and stick with it? I'm no coward, but I'm no idiot either and the views of the fellow forum members have never failed me since they got my old samsung omnia working at an acceptable level. It looks like it has the guts but the rom isn't optimised for the job. It's taken me 20 minutes typing this which would take about 2 on my phone.

Is there plans for a new rom, and how much genuine support does the APP got from you all?

Sadly a lot of developers who showed an interest in the Andy Pad have not decided to purchase the device. I don't know of anybody who is actively developing any custom ROMs for the tablets, despite the incorrect information on the official Andy Pad forums regarding MoDaCo developing a ROM (we are not).

If the tablet isn't fit for purpose then you would need to decide to return it or not. If a development community does pop up then you always have the chance to buy the tablet again if you want to.

Guest winnipeg

Hi all

I've been using my Andy pad pro for a few days now and I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I can tell the guts inside it have potential. Games run well. On the other hand typing is so very laggy, and requiring me to type with one finger at 2 characters a second or it skips. Browsing is like doing so through treacle. And the original purpose was as a book reader to replace my hordes of rpg rule books into one convenient slate. Very laggy indeed.

Now I had the same when I got my orange San Francisco / zte blade, but after the cyanogen rom it became my favourite device of all time. With the recent backlash regarding the gapps will this result in less of a community developing around it? Should I return it now or show support and stick with it? I'm no coward, but I'm no idiot either and the views of the fellow forum members have never failed me since they got my old samsung omnia working at an acceptable level. It looks like it has the guts but the rom isn't optimised for the job. It's taken me 20 minutes typing this which would take about 2 on my phone.

Is there plans for a new rom, and how much genuine support does the APP got from you all?

Really you more or less answered your own question. Plus is a laggy device that you can’t type on fit for “any” purpose in 2011.

If it was something I had purchased I would be asking for a refund. It seemed unlikely to be OK from day one.

Tier one or tier two manufactures have many good products waiting for you that work. Why pay half or two thirds for that feeling of if only it would…………. Work properly.

I doubt the company owner is driving a car that works some of the time.;)

Good luck.

Guest ChromeNewt

I will be devving for it when I get one.

Smashing! Part of the issue was the original protective screen which I suspect isn't suppossed to be used beyond intial purchase transit. It's a good bit better now. If you need someone to help / test the roms then let me know. New to the making of Roms but enthusiastic. :)