Ginger Stir Fry

Guest Per Åkesson

Guest reluctant_traveller

The stuck green LED is a feature for me, I can see if the battery is dead without powering on the screen :P

If you fix it, could you add in option to leave it on!!

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest Sblade12

You're wrong.

Just install the rom with clockworkmod, it'll detect whether it's gen1 or gen2 & automatically install the right files.

Probably better to wait until the next version though, there's a bug for some people with the green led light sticking on. Some apps need updating too.

Ok will do, thanks for you help wbaw.

Guest Cyclothunder

Me too green LED stuck!

Curious thing is that if i use Zte Helper and test the led it will go to normal for some time.

This time, when i installed B27 made a 512mb partition using clockword. Damn, now i have plenty room for more garbage and it didn't slowed antyhing biggrin.gif

Great Rom WBAW!!

Thanks.

Guest snowbord

Back to the topic.

Apart from LED, USB tethering seems to be broken again on b27

Tethering works fine in B27. Been using it for 2 days now. I did have some issues flashing over 26 but a wipe and reinstall seems to have things working normally.

Guest the_zip_master

I was about to post the changes before seven people nagged me for it, before I'd even finished updating the download links. After that, with the mess that thread was in, there was no point anyway, it'd have been buried by all the troll posts in 10 minutes. I asked for a moderator to clean it up.

It hasn't come to an end at all, what would give you that idea? Because flb decided to close the thread rather than moderate it properly? Just because the rom isn't welcome on modaco any more doesn't mean that I stopped.

Thanks for the reply Wbaw.

As for the rest of the comments (good and bad) can we please be grown up about it and move on.

Lets not forget , Its all about the phone and what we can squeeze out of it.

Lifes too short to spend time moaning at each other

Be happy!

Zip

PS. Looking forward to the next release......

Hi guys,after using SS for so long I decided to try my first 2.3 ROM,I picked GSF TPT as it seemed like the easy method to update to gen2 and seemed like the best standard unthemed rom

All went well and so far im loving the ROM I look forward to more updates in the future.

Only problem I have is what other have the green LED is stuck on,but apart from that all is good so far.

It hasn't come to an end at all, what would give you that idea? Because flb decided to close the thread rather than moderate it properly? Just because the rom isn't welcome on modaco any more doesn't mean that I stopped.

You requested your thread to be closed. You made the decision to take the rom away from MoDaCo. But since it seems that you didn't actually want the thread closing, I have re-opened it.

Guest dirlan2001

@dirlan - regardless of your motives it is posts like yours that could only antagonise the situation when you refer to people as "whining kids". Even if you think that you are right. Just keep the personal insults out of your posts and then we will have a chance to keep this thread on topic, thanks :)

Well done Per (OP) for creating this thread for the GSF ROM's.

@Andr0ider - my wife's San Fran (grey model) has been fine with b27 No calibration issues at all. Mine (white one) has had some issues and I needed to use the ZTE emode calibration tools a couple of times (it kept showing "failed") before it seems to have settled down and working as it should. I have mentioned the colours as I did read that it had been noted (in Burstlam's thread, opening post) about the white ones tending to be more problematic.

You feel insulted , Sir ? :D

And my motives are very clear : this thread (and others alike) shouldn't even have been born, if all these whining kids showed RESPECT to the chefs and accepted that the perfect ROM is to be harvested in Utopia... As I said in my previous post in this thread : wbaw and burstlam make a 'killer-team', so stop playing kid and grow up.

:D

Dirk

Guest Nick Rhodes

And for those who always reffer to CM7 etc ... you wanted a new ROM to get rid of the bloatware of your providers, but then you let someone else fill it up with with whatever gimmick that can be enabled or is hidden in a kernel.

The gimmicks (governors, overclocking, schedulers etc) that CM7 has in the kernel, GSF also has in.

I don't really tweak and change the settings much, but there are numerous tweaks and changes that I find make CM7 more usable compared to stock or AOSP that many custom ROMs have integrated. Last time I checked GSF actually borrows a number of CM7 features straight off, contacts, dialler, messaging etc.

Do you use your phone to actually what it's build for, or do you want to repeat history and sit there all day reinstalling and configuring, like in the old days with DOS 6.1 & Windows 3.11 ???

In that case you should not use GSF either.

I found that before the new kernel came out that CM7 became more stable for day to day use (because of the proximity bug), now probably quite even as to number of day to day defects.

IMHO its good that we have CM7 and GSF, they both have clear seperate development paths which have even benefited each other in terms of finding bug fixes and adding features, but to come along and criticise CM7 without providing any real facts is simply trolling.

Cheers, Nick.

Edited by Nick Rhodes

Guest dirlan2001

The gimmicks (governors, overclocking, schedulers etc) that CM7 has in the kernel, GSF also has in.

I don't really tweak and change the settings much, but there are numerous tweaks and changes that I find make CM7 more usable compared to stock or AOSP that many custom ROMs have integrated. Last time I checked GSF actually borrows a number of CM7 features straight off, contacts, dialler, messaging etc.

In that case you should not use GSF either.

I found that before the new kernel came out that CM7 became more stable for day to day use (because of the proximity bug), now probably quite even as to number of day to day defects.

IMHO its good that we have CM7 and GSF, they both have clear seperate development paths which have even benefited each other in terms of finding bug fixes and adding features, but to come along and criticise CM7 without providing any real facts is simply trolling.

Cheers, Nick.

GSF used to have the 'extra's from CM7 build in in a seperate menu item...(believe it was b23) and that was the build that forced me back to b19.... Now i'm on b27 and i don't see that much cm7, i changed the dialer back to ZTE etc ....

I didn't say CM was bad, I said CM adds to much overhead to what is basically a phone... And that proximity-bug , psah... there has been a workaround since b19, it's just that those whining about it are not apt to have it done everytime they flash a new ROM ...

Dirk

Guest Nick Rhodes

GSF used to have the 'extra's from CM7 build in in a seperate menu item...(believe it was b23) and that was the build that forced me back to b19.... Now i'm on b27 and i don't see that much cm7, i changed the dialer back to ZTE etc ....

I didn't say CM was bad, I said CM adds to much overhead to what is basically a phone... And that proximity-bug , psah... there has been a workaround since b19, it's just that those whining about it are not apt to have it done everytime they flash a new ROM ...

Dirk

Thanks, makes things clearer :)

Guest almost-famous

Hey guys n gals!

I was wondering about GSF B26 and GEN 1-compatibility.

I've got an OSF OLED-display and I was thinking to myself thats about time to put in a new Rom. Im currently running swedish spring RLS 4b. Ive been told that GSF 26b is the one to have.

So, can i just put it on my SD-card, and reboot my phone with volume - down and update it via recovery? Should i wipe all data first or after the installation of the new rom?

Cuz i dont have to upgrade my phone to Gen2 and then change ROM?

Downloaded

Ginger Stir Fry Beta 26Download: http://depositfiles....files/s57wj0ygs

Size: 88.29 MB

MD5: b3190cccae644f51f5d2c6edc4af5e00

SHA1: a70a86bd4ac0656c6c8f28212b951aa650cec7c2

from Swedroid.org without any info or so.

Hit me back!

best regards

AF

Guest C3P001

Ah closed again I must say it does not surprise me was just a matter of time Oh well I am hearing good reports about the latest CM7 so i guess its thank you and goodbye GSF

Guest jorgen41

Why change just becourse the thread is closed... For me b27 works aswell as the stock rom so i wont change to another rom :-) With a litte OC even a little better than stock :-P

can i just put it on my SD-card, and reboot my phone with volume - down and update it via recovery? Should i wipe all data first or after the installation of the new rom?

Cuz i dont have to upgrade my phone to Gen2 and then change ROM?

Yes, install it with clockworkmod as any other ROM. No need to upgrade to Gen2. Wipe everything first if you are upgrading from SS4.

from Swedroid.org without any info or so.

You would be better off going to the developer's topic on xda than the swedroid site you mention. You can get the latest version there rather than the old one you were about to install.

Guest Per Åkesson

Why change just becourse the thread is closed... For me b27 works aswell as the stock rom so i wont change to another rom :-) With a litte OC even a little better than stock :-P

Interesting. Don't you have the LED issue with b27? That is the only reason I stay with b22. :rolleyes:

Guest dibbles

Interesting. Don't you have the LED issue with b27? That is the only reason I stay with b22. :rolleyes:

With my white SF I had issues with battery drain and the LED issue with b27. My wife's black SF had no such issues except it would often only do half a ring on incoming calls. Both phones were from a complete wipe and not restoring any applications.

I changed both of them to the latest CM 7 nightly and I was very surprised at just how good this ROM has progressed. I have not used it for quite a while now and, for both of us, it seems to work great for what we want it for. The GPS function is very stable and quick to find a fix and the battery life is showing to be as good as the GSF ROM.

Guest jorgen41

I havnt noticed anything strange with it yet atleast. Then again i dont pay any attention to the led much .....

But ill keep an eye on it.

Is it 'back button' turned on to green light constantly issue your referring to then i can say i dont have that problem..

With b27 in the phone i don´t see any reason to even look for any other rom´s :-P

Edited by jorgen41

Guest anewman

I just went to CM7 after using GSF earlier version, probably 16 or something. CM7 has definitely improved since the early days, but the number of FC's and times I've had to pull the battery since installing CM7 is more than the zero over the few months I was using GSF. Plus CM7 is noticeably slower.

I am guessing WBAW is reacting to negative comments placed on the forums. All I have to say is you always get people giving such comments on the internet, even if what you do is superb. Just have to ignore the loons.